Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:54 PM
When you change the lifespans, does the neighborhood match?
I have heard mixed answers for this so I wanted to know. When your sim has an epic lifespan, does everyone else in the town also have an epic lifespan? Or do they remain at the normal one? I've heard that the townies stay at normal life span. This means your friendships could get really messed up. By the time a kid got out of elementary school, his classmates grandchildren would be long dead.

I'd like to play longer lifespans, but not if the neighborhood was aging 9x faster than my house sims. Can anyone out there confirm that the lifespans are in synch or not? If not, I may try some experiments tonight -- but it will take a while to find out how the aging goes for such a LONG lifespan.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:59 PM
They age with so no worries.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:21 PM
No, aging is only for the currently played household. So if you put it on epic everyone else will age the same as if it were on normal except for your currently played family. Same for the aging on/off I believe.
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:02 AM
All sim controlls are for the family being played ONLY, with the exception of Story Progression.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:53 AM
I really like this new epic mode but the unsynchronized lifespan thingy starts to bug me. My sim's already on her second lover - her old one just went and died on her =( And I don't want her current bf to move in yet, I want to explore the game a bit more without having additional baggage of another mouth to feed.
If the situation stays the same in future I'm just going to name my next sim MacLeod and be done with it.

"...And if wishes were horses, we'd be knee-deep in crap."
-- Dr. Robert Romano, /'ER'/
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:06 AM
I tested this.

DVD version
OS X
AWESOMEMOD installed
NoCensorBlur installed

I set up a new game in Rivertown. Before playing I made each household in turn the active household and noted when each sim was due to age up. In the Ivanov household, Tatiana was due to age from child to teen in six days. Dimitri was due to age from toddler to child in six days. I then made my play sim the active household again and switched the lifespan from normal (0 sim days) to long (190 sim days). After six sim days of play, I switched the active household to the Ivanovs. Both Tatiana and Dimitri still had six days to age up. After seven days my play sim went over to visit the Ivanovs. Tatiana was still a child and Dimitri was still a toddler.

It looks like at least for normal to long the changed lifespan applies to all households.