Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:24 PM
Default Roofs
I wanted to create some nice roofs. But when I try to make roofs it keeps complaining about teh base being uneven.
But my lot is as flat as a pancake.

I could use autoroof, but I want to make some special things like a terrace on top of the house and stuff.

What is causing the base being uneven?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:34 PM
I noticed that happening a lot to me...I didn't spend too long doing a semi-scientific study of it (like I did with making basements work), but I think that for whatever reason, the roofs don't like being certain dimensions. Odd ones, perhaps? (Dimensions being the grid width/length of them, of course.)

I came across that while trying to make a building with a bunch of roof-covered porches, and the game whined like crazy to the point that I gave up on it, and built something else.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:01 PM
Oh, well I'm already having trouble creating simple square roofs for my house. :P
For example my garage, room for 2 cars. Does not seem that big.

While autoroof can apply the square roof no problem. XD
But can't have the terrace that way. xd
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:00 AM
Turn constrainfloorelevation false, level the floor you want to set your roof up... Done...