Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Better Romance

by simler90 Posted 26th Oct 2018 at 7:14 AM - Updated 12th Jan 2023 at 2:23 AM by simler90 : UPDATE 26

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 2:26 PM
Hi, I was wondering if this needs to be updated for the patch
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 6:35 AM
this mod work with the new patch and with the new expansion?
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 2:15 AM
the file is broken, so I guess i'ts not working with the new DLC
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 5:14 AM
any news from the creator??? if he gonna/have time to update it??? or want do that or just dropped???
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 5:47 AM
Do you know if this conflicts with Wicked Whims?
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 5:11 AM
thanks for keeping this updated
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 6:43 PM
I am getting a last exception with this mod: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantTypeSim.Listeners). The people at mc command center told me it has to do with editing traits
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 10:27 PM
I got the same error: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantTypeSim.Listeners). Removing the mod resolved the issue. Was looking forward to playing with this mod.
Test Subject
#34 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 9:14 PM
the download file is broken, it's outdated or something? :c
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 6:12 PM
This mod is awesome. Thanks a lot
Mad Poster
#36 Old 23rd May 2019 at 11:30 PM
Is it normal for this mod to allow a married Family Oriented sim to text my sim and try to ask him on a date? My sim had never met this other sim, but the wiki says he's married and has the Family Oriented trait. I just had my sim ignore the text, but it kinda made me worry I had broken something. I did read through all the documentation for the mod before downloading, and I guess maybe it never mentions texting at all, so maybe everything is working as designed. Obviously I can always just keep ignoring random 3am date texts, but it just kind of gives the impression that the texting sim is trying to cheat.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 29th May 2019 at 11:18 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 2nd Jun 2019 at 3:11 PM.
I have determined that this mod is causing an LE in my game; with just this mod and the MCCC, I get the LE. I'm attaching the LE file to this post in case you want to take a look at it, and I also have a recovered save from right before the LE pops up (it pops up right at 3am), which I can give you if it would be helpful.

Edit (important!): It would appear that this LE is unique to my particular save. My sister who uses Better Romance alongside MCCC right from the start playing TS4 has never gotten an LE at all. And just last night my husband was playing on this same laptop I use with all the same mods, including Better Romance, and though he played his save past 3 am multiple times, he never once got an LE.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  lastException.rar (876 Bytes, 44 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 1:56 AM
I had my suspicions regarding romantic interactions, but the way you laid them out was pretty damning. Thanks for making the effort to fixing them! Thumbs up!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I have determined that this mod is causing an LE in my game; with just this mod and the MCCC, I get the LE. I'm attaching the LE file to this post in case you want to take a look at it, and I also have a recovered save from right before the LE pops up (it pops up right at 3am), which I can give you if it would be helpful.

Edit (important!): It would appear that this LE is unique to my particular save. My sister who uses Better Romance alongside MCCC right from the start playing TS4 has never gotten an LE at all. And just last night my husband was playing on this same laptop I use with all the same mods, including Better Romance, and though he played his save past 3 am multiple times, he never once got an LE.

That LE looks like it might be related to some trait or object on that particular lot. Did your husband play your save on that same lot?? Did you test without CC as well?? I would check your custom lot traits and functional CC (i.e. any item a Sim can actually interact with) for updates.

I run a Discord server dedicated to assisting Mac Simmers. Come join me here: https://discord.gg/6sjegZD

"It wasn't long ago that I was just like you." -- "Emenius Sleepus" by Michael Ryan Pritchard
Mad Poster
#40 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos
That LE looks like it might be related to some trait or object on that particular lot. Did your husband play your save on that same lot?? Did you test without CC as well?? I would check your custom lot traits and functional CC (i.e. any item a Sim can actually interact with) for updates.

I've had multiple people in the MCCC discord go over this LE and I've tired everything they suggested; the best they could guess was that it was some sort of failed culling issue. No, no one other than me played this save. The LE happens with just MCCC and Better Romance (and I do mean with just those; I pulled my entire Mods folder and put just those two in, so there are no custom lot traits or CC objects in the game much less assigned to/placed on the lot). The LE is, however, unique to that one save. Transplanting the sim and his home lot to a new save produces no LEs. Since I had no real interest in playing a sim who can't remember his own girlfriend, I've just gone on to other sims in non-affected saves.

To be clear: I have not gotten any LEs in my other saves, all playing with Better Romance. It really is just that one save which is bugged for whatever reason.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 1:07 AM
Hello,
First of all, thanks a lot for your mod. I love it.
I want you ask you if it's possible to consider the aspiration during the tests/rules you wrote in the main page. For instance if sim A initiates a romance interaction and Sim B is already in a relationship but Sim B has the Serial Romantic Aspiration.
Does the game mechanics allow that? or traits only are involved? Thanks a lot in advance for your response.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 9:17 PM
Hi! I love, LOOOVE your mod! I just wanted to make sure; Is this still compatible with today's patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 6:55 PM
thanks so much for keeping this updated
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 1:43 PM
Default Questions about Tuning -
In what instances do romance actions successfully happen? Because of the number of updates to this mod, its hard to parse which instances are still active in the latest version.
I tried testing it rather extensively and found in some cases, no matter how much friendship or how flirty two sims were, I couldn't make a successful romantic action happen. It would be very odd because sometimes the Sim I was trying to flirt with would flirt with my sim, but then get a negative reaction, or react negatively to any actions initiated by my sim. Sometimes they would do the "successful romantic interaction" animation but then get negative romance points.
So with the mod in place, is it at ALL possible to romance married sims who are not non-committal? Can you romance a married family oriented sim at all? What about a married "good" sim?
Is it hard coded that some sims will never cheat?
I find the mod interesting and definitely adds some realism, but I am also curious about storytelling and gameplay.
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Oct 2019 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunstroke
I tried testing it rather extensively and found in some cases, no matter how much friendship or how flirty two sims were, I couldn't make a successful romantic action happen. It would be very odd because sometimes the Sim I was trying to flirt with would flirt with my sim, but then get a negative reaction, or react negatively to any actions initiated by my sim. Sometimes they would do the "successful romantic interaction" animation but then get negative romance points.
So with the mod in place, is it at ALL possible to romance married sims who are not non-committal? Can you romance a married family oriented sim at all? What about a married "good" sim?
Is it hard coded that some sims will never cheat?

I am seeing this in game as well. Especially negative points with varying successful romantic interactions.
Test Subject
#46 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 6:16 AM
How are things looking with the 1.58/DU patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 2:45 PM
Thank you so much
Field Researcher
#48 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 1:51 PM
Suggestion for next updates:
About the Acceptance
if Sim A and B are not in a committed relationship and Sim A is in a committed relationship with Sim C :
other than the basic decrease of success score we now have,
further decreases the success score if Sim C is close to Sim A if Sim A is Compassionate and increases back a bit if Unfeeling (I don't see this in the description? I only see it affects autonomy now. Sorry if I missed it. )

& Adding an add-on of custom reward traits including :

- "Loyal Spouse" : only further affect behavior, i.e. decreases cheating's success score and decrease cheating autonomy while being in marriage, no further effects when being boyfriend or girlfriend of someone or high in romantic relationships bar with other sim,
- "Committed Lover" : only further affect behavior, i.e. decreases cheating's success score and decrease cheating autonomy while being boyfriend or girlfriend or spouse of someone, no further effects for high in romantic relationships bar with other sim without being committed
- "Faithful" : applies on being in marriage, be being someone's boyfriend or girlfriend AND having strong relationships of high romantic relationships bar (e.g. 50 to 100) even without being committed

Thanks again for this amazing mod! Can't play without it :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 8th Jan 2020 at 2:14 PM
thanks for the update
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 5:02 AM
ahhh this mod is amazing!!!
may i suggest a thing?
if sim a has the beguiling reward trait and beguiles sim b, this could greatly effect the point system! (sorry if it was already there and i missed it)

but thanks again for this mod, its life changing
Page 2 of 5