Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lower/Higher Lifetime Reward Prices [updated 10/24/2013 for 1.63]

by ellacharmed Posted 15th Sep 2012 at 7:42 PM - Updated 18th Nov 2013 at 5:49 PM by ellacharmed : 1.63 updates

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 52 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 2:13 PM
Did you mange to get it working, @Lupusdragon?

Anyways, mod updated for 1.42. Let me know if I messed up anything.
With the patch, 2 Traits and 8 LifetimeRewards for Seasons was added.

If you have not updated to 1.42, and you want the older version, I've updated the 1.39 version to my Box.com account. You can get it via my blog in the link in my signature.
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Theshewolf : 16th Nov 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Default Doesn't seem to work :/
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Did you mange to get it working, @Lupusdragon?

Anyways, mod updated for 1.42. Let me know if I messed up anything.
With the patch, 2 Traits and 8 LifetimeRewards for Seasons was added.

If you have not updated to 1.42, and you want the older version, I've updated the 1.39 version to my Box.com account. You can get it via my blog in the link in my signature.

It worked fine before Seasons. I got seasons, updated the mod. Have tried all different flavours, have tried switching them between the Overrides folder and the Packages folder, but sadly enough the game just plain won't read it. It won't show up in the list of Core/Script mods on starting the game, and there's no difference to lifetime rewards prices. If you could please look into this, that would be great. Thankyou, and have a nice day! :3

Edit: To clarify something, I've already tried clearing my caches, and I did delete the old version before updating.
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 10:47 PM
Hi, I just wanted to ask if your mod is compatible with seasons. I love this mod but the game just keeps crashing, maybe mods are the problem
Field Researcher
#29 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sejla193
Hi, I just wanted to ask if your mod is compatible with seasons. I love this mod but the game just keeps crashing, maybe mods are the problem

I'm currently using the ella_lifetimerewards_0.05x.package with Seasons & latest patch, & it's working fine...no crashes because of this mod.

Maybe you have other mods that could be the cause of your crashes? Or maybe other issues with your computer? Graphics? Memory? I know that when my memory gets too low it causes my game to freeze & crash. The game (with many expansions & stuff packs) is a real memory hog, lol!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#30 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi52861
I'm currently using the ella_lifetimerewards_0.05x.package with Seasons & latest patch, & it's working fine...no crashes because of this mod.

Maybe you have other mods that could be the cause of your crashes? Or maybe other issues with your computer? Graphics? Memory? I know that when my memory gets too low it causes my game to freeze & crash. The game (with many expansions & stuff packs) is a real memory hog, lol!

Yeah the other mod was the cause Anyway, thank you very much :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 5:49 AM
I've been using 0.2X package - mine works fine, no crashes.
I've noticed that some of the new rewards that have come with seasons and supernatural, are missing when your mod is in the game.
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sejla193
Yeah the other mod was the cause Anyway, thank you very much :D

Which mod was it as I'm also experiencing crashes and I'm pretty sure its got to be one of my mods.

Glad to know its not this one because I love it. I'm going to get the latest version and get it installed. Thanks for taking it over and keeping it updated!
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 2:04 PM
No crashes or missing rewards in my game (Seasons 1.42). Thanks for this great mod.

However, just to let you know, you forgot to change the Immune To Cold reward points needed in the 0.2x mod - it still requires 10,000 and not 2,000 as it should.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 3:55 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 13th Dec 2012 at 7:33 AM. Reason: fixes uploaded
@bransko1982,
did you test with just this mod alone in game or with other mods as well? If just this mod alone and with no CC at all the rewards are available, please let me know which ones are missing? By points or name, please, would be helpful.

@Simbiosis,
thank you for the heads up and the detailed error report. I'll look into that.
And, sorry for the inconvenience.

[eta]
Edits for the missed LTR in 0.2x version uploaded. Please redownload.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 8:32 PM
Cool. I always thought that achieving that really big lifetime goal should warrant more than one or two decent rewards.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 3:01 PM
Is there any possibility of getting a standalone 0.4x for pet rewards (if this is a moddable possibility)? I find my sims reward costs are about right, but pet rewards are usually totally unobtainable unless I'm playing a household that consists of doting animal lovers or 1 sim + 1 pet. I have a lot of red pet ghosts in my family's graveyard, oops!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 9:30 AM
Do you mean whether it is possible for me to provide multiple permutations of the .package file where the Sims' rewards might be 0.8x and the Pets' rewards might be 0.4x?

The Traits and LifetimeRewards for Sims and Pets are all in one .xml file.
To cover all the possible permutations, would be very confusing and I'm bound to make mistakes when I do the edits with different percentages on one file. I do a "Search and Replace", not edit them one-by-one.

Not to mention, more confusion of "if I want Sims on Ax and Pets on Bx, which file do I get" type of questions...and the hell it would be to repeat the steps over again each time a new patch is released.

But, not to say it is impossible.
You can edit the file yourself using the tables I provided. Just read up on How to create XML Tuning mods on the Wiki. And you can create whatever permutation you like that suits your gameplay style.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 9:09 PM
Is this mod working for the 1.48 update? New to the whole mod thing
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 3:08 AM
Yes, it is compatible.
I've added the note. Thanks for the reminder.
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 10:42 PM
is this working for 1.50? this is a great mod. Keep up the great work
Scholar
#41 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wildone1969
is this working for 1.50? this is a great mod. Keep up the great work
I spent several hours using the .005x version with patch 1.50 and did not see any problems with it. All of the rewards had the proper prices and I was able to get them all without problems. I do only have the base game and Supernatural though, so I was only able to check those rewards.

I also want to comment about the compatibility problems mentioned with mods for hidden skills. I was already using the Faster/Slower and/or Hidden Skills mod by gesimz before I even started using this mod, and I have been using the version for near instant skills plus the hidden skills. I tested with an existing family and also tried creating a completely new family, and unless there was something I missed I didn't notice any problems.
Test Subject
#42 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 6:25 AM
I finally updated to 1.50 and I have all expansions and stuff packs with University Life on preorder, and might pre order Island Paradise in the next few days
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 4:13 AM
ellacharmed, i just installed the Sims 3 university life and wonder if this will work with it. Please understand, I do not want a mod in my game that is not compatible with my game and will not accept other members that say that it appears to be compatible. I apologize to anyone who feels offended, but only the creator of the mod can say weather or not it is compatible. I do enjoy this mod and hope to continue to use it.
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by e1990r
ellacharmed, i just installed the Sims 3 university life and wonder if this will work with it. Please understand, I do not want a mod in my game that is not compatible with my game and will not accept other members that say that it appears to be compatible. I apologize to anyone who feels offended, but only the creator of the mod can say weather or not it is compatible. I do enjoy this mod and hope to continue to use it.

Actually anyone that knows about coding can figure it out, just saying.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 2:32 PM
I installed UL and after some playing without mods, decided to throw some in to test them. I was unable to click on any Sims, including my Sim, and the problem didn't sort out until I pulled out the 0.2x configuration of this mod. I haven't tested with JUST this mod yet, though I plan to, as I have no idea how this mod could render Sims unclickable. I do plan to test in a setup with only this mod when I have a bit more time on my hands.

Anyways, just thought I'd drop by and mention it, see if I'm the only with with the problem or not.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 2:47 PM
This needs an update. Each time a new EP adds new Traits and Lifetime rewards, it won't be compatible.

I'm finalizing my edits. Have to wait until I get Uni Life before I'll upload the updated versions.
Have to test if it would work with the new EP first, don't I? Didn't make much sense to update and then have things be reported as broken if I just edit without having the new EP to test and confirm stuff works first. I mean, we get shunted by EA all the time with their half-arsed "final" product. I'm not gonna be treating the community the same, as I hate being on the receiving end of such treatment.
Test Subject
#47 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 2:50 PM
this mod does not work with university life.

please do an update ella ^^
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by e1990r

All who know a bit about mods or have experience with know that. Because this mod affect lifetimerewards, the new lifetimerewards are conflicting with that mod. They will not appear in the game. However this mod also influences the traits so the new traits are also not appearing.

Hope that explaines it to you xD If you using mods more often you will also be able to know when a mod might need an update or not. :D
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 2:54 PM
ella, do you know at what point you'll be getting the new EP so you can update? just wondering if there is a time frame for that
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 3:51 PM
Most likely on the weekend. Best case scenario.
I'm not rushing it. I thought some of the EP9 traits list and other updates look weird, so was also waiting to see if there's gonna be another patch update with the EP09 release.

Apparently not. Still, I'd wait out the week, while I finalize the edits and test things a bit first, anyway.
Page 2 of 6