Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Victorian Greenhouse Set - updated 3 february 2008

by Lethe_s Posted 13th Jan 2008 at 8:25 PM - Updated 28th Nov 2008 at 9:25 AM by Lethe_s

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 6:19 AM
Thank you for the beautiful greenhouses! I plan to use them on farms. Also, I was delighted to see one built onto a house, becoming a sun room for the residents. Where I live, these rooms are on a lot of TV commercials. Now I can have one, at least on my computer! The pyramid in front of a building looks like I.M. Pei's pyramid used for the Louvre's entrance, in Paris. Looking forward to your next project.
Test Subject
#27 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 7:00 AM
This is a wonderful set - I can't imagine how much work it was to make. Thank you so much for this.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 2:58 AM
I'm so grateful that you enjoy creating for the sims. I can't imagine a sim world without your incredible input. Always looking forward to your next clever, amazing or beautiful creation.
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 8:47 AM
Sillybon,

that's a really good point, and i'm afraid it totally slipped my mind (research for this project was a while ago)

In Season, i'm afraid they don't keep out the rain or snow, since the roofpieces are simple objects.
to make your greenhouse rainproof, you'll need to add a floor to the top first, something like moonlight muse's invisible floor would work well.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#30 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 12:22 PM
You really are brilliant =) Ty for sharing this too beautiful set I love it!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Forum Resident
#31 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 8:14 PM
This is absolutely stunning. It's so much more gorgeous than the ugly Seasons ones! You did such a great job, thanks so much. <3
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 7:19 AM
Lithe_s :

This is amazing. Thanks so much Lethe, love all the detail you put into it, especially the roof. I am just learning how to recolor and mesh, so I can imagine the work that went into it. I just love the Victorian era, and based and entire neighborhood on that theme, yet never could build a decent greenhouse or conservatory. You have change all of that, wonder if I could build a mini Crystal Palace? Oh well.
Thanks soooo much.

Fido :D

LIfe is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Admin justanothersimssite.com
Instructor
#33 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 1:28 PM
They look so wonderful! I've been searching for things like this for a long time. THANK YOU so much!
Test Subject
#34 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 4:09 PM
It's amazing! I couldn't believe every detail is so cared and clean until I saw them in game! Incredible! Thank you!
#35 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 10:28 AM
This is wonderful. Thanks and Good Luck, not that you need it. Thanks again.

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Test Subject
#36 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 9:54 PM
Ohhh, this is beautiful! Now I can have the perfect greenhouses for all my victorian homes! Amazing work!
Mad Poster
#37 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 7:37 PM
Hiya Lethe s,

This is BEAUTIFUL! I already hit the thanks button!
I did find what might be a problem though... don't now, maybe it's not - I haven't actually run them in game yet. I always scan new DLs with SimPE to make sure I don't have any conflicts, and... I found this... SimPE says these are duplicates:
lethes-mesh-greenhousewindowD-diag and lethes-mesh-greenhousewindowc-diag

Is this a problem?
Thanks for checking it out!
Catherine
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 12:11 AM
I love this. Very, very nice. Must have been so much work. Congrats for the result, and good luck for the contest!

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 11:08 AM
Eek, CatherineTCJD,
you're right, i forgot to update the guid's on d-diagonal
i fixed them, so please redownload the doors and windows zip and overwrite your old files.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 3:33 PM
Thank you SO much for sharing these. I can't imagine the work you put into this set either, but it's great. Always wonderful ideas and content from you Miss Lethe, thanks for sharing with us
Scholar
#41 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 1:21 AM
Great job Lethe. These look fantastic!!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 2:27 PM Last edited by JLonier : 6th May 2008 at 2:56 PM. Reason: is thanks
Default Thanks for the fix!
THANK YOU!!! (Yes, I'm shouting )
These are beautiful! Thank you for the 'fix' - now I'll go build to my heart's content!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#43 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 3:10 AM
:lovestruc Sweeeet! I can't wait to try these!
Thank you so much!

* Pickles *
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 1:40 AM Last edited by JLonier : 6th May 2008 at 2:55 PM. Reason: is thanks
big set...
These greenhouses are so wonderful, it's not even funny. I can't even imagine how long it took to make these!

THEY"RE BEAUTIFUL!!! :D
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:41 PM
Awesome!
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 12:15 AM
Wow this is truely spectacular!! Thank you SO much. I don't know how you read my mind but I have always wished for a more elegant "conservatory" type of greenhouse, and I'm hopeing I can use the roof parts to add a glass skylight to the rotunda in my victorian mansion!!! You are awesome, great job =)
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 7:43 PM
Oh wow, wow, and WOW! Thanks so much for this set! And thanks for the collection file to! Makes it so easy to find the stuff. Thanks so much
Field Researcher
#48 Old 4th May 2008 at 12:32 AM
Thanks! Good work! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th May 2008 at 2:41 PM
This set is the best!
I wanted to ask, can I include some files of it in my house upload? (Sorry if this question is not in the proper place)
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 6th May 2008 at 6:44 PM
mirtantia,
yup, you can upload this in houses (preferably not to the exchange though).
next time, please pm me, or take a look at my policy
which, i just noticed, is really hard to find (makes a note to move that somewhere visible)
Page 2 of 4