Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#9426 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flora2
Do you have the 9 New Death Types mod? I think it's part of that. Sometimes a new type of death doesn't kill the sim and they are given a chance to survive.

Ahh yes! Thank you

what does his name even mean?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9427 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marialelab
Hi, i have a problem in my sims 2.
At the CAS my sim looks so iluminated, in all the skin colors... it looks like a light is reflecting.

Sims 2 you say? I think one of us is on the wrong forum board...
Mad Poster
#9428 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marialelab
Hi, i have a problem in my sims 2.
At the CAS my sim looks so iluminated, in all the skin colors... it looks like a light is reflecting.

This is the Sims 3 side of the forum. For help with Sims 2 go here: https://modthesims.info/f/558/
Lab Assistant
#9429 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 7:15 PM
When I am at the sims 3 site, and click ''buy simpoints'', it redirects me to origin. Is this normal?
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#9430 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
When I am at the sims 3 site, and click ''buy simpoints'', it redirects me to origin. Is this normal?

Origin is how EA chose to do that. However, if you are one of those nice people with CASH ONLY sensibilities -you can also use these cards you can purchase in stores with actual physical currency to redeem on Origin (if available in your country):
https://www.ea.com/game-cards
Lab Assistant
#9431 Old 11th Oct 2022 at 10:00 PM
How many sims 3 prima game guides exists?
Scholar
#9432 Old 11th Oct 2022 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
How many sims 3 prima game guides exists?
Alll I am sure of is that they don't exist for every expansion pack, and that they were extremely incomplete & often incorrect. However! If you need information about gameplay or anything, the sims wiki and Carl's guide both have systematic information that are almost completely accurate and pretty comprehensive.

SIms Wiki: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3

Carl's Guide: https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/

They're fun to read, too!
Lab Assistant
#9433 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 1:28 PM
What does the new EA app(the one that replaces origin), mean for the Sims 3?
Instructor
#9434 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 3:08 AM
I had downloaded the new app months ago, and while Sims3 was on it, the fact that I own the whole thing did not reflect on the new app, while a few others I also own did show up as owned. I haven't checked recently as I removed it because it kept trying to override Origin when I opened Sims and would fail to start the game.
Inventor
#9435 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 12:29 PM
Does the "eye candy" LTR still make sims sparkle? I haven't tried it in such a long time, I'm so out of the loop and cant check right now.
Scholar
#9436 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 1:00 AM
Yes it does.

It is one of a number of small annoyances I have to deal with when story telling. I usually use Nraas Master Controller to remove it from any sims that have it, since when use moveobjects to position them in a scene they start sparkling and I have to wait till they stop before I can get my screenshot.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#9437 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Does the "eye candy" LTR still make sims sparkle? I haven't tried it in such a long time, I'm so out of the loop and cant check right now.

I purchased Eye Candy for my sim and he doesn't look sparkle. Perhaps this mod I am installing removes the effect, https://modthesims.info/d/425036/ti...-combined.html?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#9438 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 5:41 PM
How to make quickier friends when you play an open carreer please?
Just because I am tired my simself is lonely too much. I appreciate the fact we do not have friends so easily as in real life in this game but it's a long process.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Instructor
#9439 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
How to make quickier friends when you play an open carreer please?
Just because I am tired my simself is lonely too much. I appreciate the fact we do not have friends so easily as in real life in this game but it's a long process.

you could simply type "testingcheatsenabled true", have your sim meet a new sim, then drag their relationship to the max. other than that, purchase long distance relationship and spam some sims with phone call everyday.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#9440 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 12:53 PM
Is there any way to move the art appraiser career to a different rabbithole? I don't like it being located at the criminal hideout.
Instructor
#9441 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Is there any way to move the art appraiser career to a different rabbithole? I don't like it being located at the criminal hideout.

It'll probably need to do some scripting to overhaul the career itself. Have no idea if anyone out there ever made a time for it.

Test Subject
#9442 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme

Yes, but you have to edit the job info using S3PE.

Info here: https://missyhissysjobcentre.proboa...fied-rabbithole
Field Researcher
#9443 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 9:18 PM
Does anyone recognize this painting? My sim painted it today (she is on level 7 of the painting skill) and I'm pretty sure that it's the first time I see it. I play the sims 3 since 2010 (and the sims 2 since 2014) and my sims paint a lot so I, pretty much, know most of the paintings in the game. This one, though... Could it be a reference that I'm not aware of? Thank you and happy simming
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#9444 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 11:52 PM
I almost never travel to the Future so I usually delete the Time Portal with testingcheats. However, now I'm thinking one trip would be fun for my collector sim. How can I get it back? Buydebug doesn't have it. Community objects in Build mode doesn't either. Any ideas?
Instructor
#9445 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I almost never travel to the Future so I usually delete the Time Portal with testingcheats. However, now I'm thinking one trip would be fun for my collector sim. How can I get it back? Buydebug doesn't have it. Community objects in Build mode doesn't either. Any ideas?

I think it’s in the Vehicles section of Buy Mode. Also, instead of deleting it, if it spawns on your sim’s home lot you should be able to pick it up in Live Mode and sell it in you sim’s personal inventory. Otherwise, you can sell it in Buy Mode.
Instructor
#9446 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 1:11 AM
The Time Portal is available on the miscellaneous section of vehicle if you sort by category. You can drag and put it in your sim inventory so your sim is able to travel to Oasis Landing from anywhere.

Top Secret Researcher
#9447 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 2:20 AM
Thanks, I found it! I don't think that ever would have occurred to me.
Instructor
#9448 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 3:42 AM
I usually stash it in the family inventory till I want it.
Forum Resident
#9449 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
you could simply type "testingcheatsenabled true", have your sim meet a new sim, then drag their relationship to the max. other than that, purchase long distance relationship and spam some sims with phone call everyday.

Thank you for the help, I will try it as soon as possible

---

Now it's a bit complicated question but what is the mean for a sim to boo an other one even if the targetted sim does nothing? (autonomous)
Does the sims who is booing can't stand the presence of the target or is just to have fun, so say hi...I never understood

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Forum Resident
#9450 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 9:03 PM
It could be a variety of reasons why a Sim might boo another. Such as when a Sim finds out or knows something that another Sim has done and condemns them for such action(s). Some traits could play a role in the frequency of a Sim using boo/heckle interaction as well but still can be used to have multiple meanings depending on the context and memories (implemented in base game/game engine, basically everything about your Sims' life and experiences) of said Sims involved. This can be difficult to find out the reason(s) if one is not observant of their Sims' behavior and so on.

Moreover, Sims can be very sneaky and actually hide quite a bit of information from the player through the use of rabbit holes and/or rabbit hole type situations (hidden in plain sight). The reactions of other Sims are a clue when something is amiss. If one chooses to investigate, maybe a lot more may reveal itself and one can learn more about their Sim(s). Though again, psychology or being naturally attuned to understanding people, motives, etc is needed to pick up on these kind of intricate details to understand what is going on and how the many varying A.I.'s are imitating human behavior. And of course knowing about the Sims' lives and experiences and how that may affect their future actions and reactions.

As an example, one of many reasons of booing is when a Sim cheats:

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Page 378 of 385