Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multi-Sims2Pack Installer

by Tashiketh Posted 12th Jan 2005 at 1:00 AM - Updated 6th Oct 2022 at 10:38 AM by Tashiketh

Closed Thread Locked by: Delphy Reason: Outdated program - no more support will be given
160 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 152 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
#126 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 2:05 AM Last edited by aprilluv2 : 20th Jul 2005 at 2:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
aprilluv,

Sorry for missing your post - do you get that all the time now or just on particular packages?

If it's only on particular ones, can you send one to me to check?

Thanks
Delphy

Hi Delphy,

It is on everytime thing. I keep saying I am going to uninstall and reinstall and give it a try. I think maybe trying to get it to do a HUGE number of files broke it
Should have spit them into smaller amounts.

I have been so busy with other things have not even considered that hey I never reinstalled. I will do that this evening and repost if it worked or not. Unless you have another idea.

Thanks and I know you stay busy, So no rush.

Thank you
April
#127 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 7:05 PM
Sorry for posting back to back. I did not want to confuse anyone.
I removed the Multi-Installer, ran registry cleaner, then reinstalled it.
It works fine now.

I guess when I tried to undo all those files at one time it must have broke it.

Key thing learned do not try to do over 100 to 150 tops at a time.

Not that most users would though huh?

Thank you
HUGS
April
Test Subject
#128 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 11:57 PM
I always dread opening all those packages. OMG. I feel like crying over this. Awesome, truly awesome. Delphy, you're my hero.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#129 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 1:16 AM
Your welcome everybody

Incidentally, just found out another use for this little program - say you want to find out which packages are used by a lot, and extract them, say for repackaging seperately? Well, package your lot up, and then unpackage it with my program but point it to a seperate directory. Voila! Instant package files that where in a lot... saves you having to hunt through your downloads to find something you *know* is in a house but can't find

april,

I'll check out that limit... I dont *have* 150 sims2pack files though so I'll have to start downloading :P

Regards,
Delphy
Forum Resident
#130 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 5:35 PM Last edited by McAlli : 7th Aug 2005 at 5:38 PM. Reason: typing error Ha Ha (word fanatic)
Delphi, I think you are terrific. You do a great job with software writing. Thank you Thank you Thankyou
Test Subject
#131 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 7:13 AM
Default Delphy's Multi-Sims2Pack Installer
This is just what I've been waiting for...
FANTASTIC!
That'll save me lots of time today.

Thank you so much!

Love,
Bigbird

:wow:

Jeep, jeep from Bigbird!!!
Space Pony
#132 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 9:38 AM
Ahhh, beautiful work Delphy - thank you for saving me soooo much time! =o)
Test Subject
#133 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 8:38 AM
Thanks.Just what I needed !!!

....Something similiar for Sims2skin files would be neat...
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 8:07 AM
does it support houses extraction ?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#135 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jerry
does it support houses extraction ?

Do not use this to extract houses, simply because you have a lot catalog file. If you extract multiple, the lot catalog file will overwrite each other because the file name is identical. You must use the Clean Installer to extract houses. Only use this installer for Sims, Walls, and Floors.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 12:39 PM
I see, thanks.
Scholar
#137 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 7:50 PM
Thank you for saving me so much time!

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Test Subject
#138 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
Do not use this to extract houses, simply because you have a lot catalog file. If you extract multiple, the lot catalog file will overwrite each other because the file name is identical. You must use the Clean Installer to extract houses. Only use this installer for Sims, Walls, and Floors.

Crap!

Most of my sims2pack files are lots, it takes forever to install them all! I was really excited when I saw this program, I thought it would get rid of all my lot installation problems

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to spend the next hour installing all of my houses! (I got a new hard drive and had to reinstall my game and downloads, it takes forever!)

Ooh... if I just copy the files from the lot catalog on my old drive onto my new one, will that work? Or are there other files that are [placed in other directories when a house is installed?
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 1:55 AM
wow this is great. Thank you...Now is there anuything that lets you look at the objects as they would appear in the game before you downloaded them?

My Avatar was made by the wonderful people of SIMply elau using one of my own sims.
Test Subject
#140 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 8:37 AM
When I extract houses, it always gives me a file like this: ''lotSegmentForUpload.sims'' (but not with the quotations)
Where do I put these? :bandit:
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 3:01 PM
Thanks Delphy!! I was getting so tired of doing them one at a time... I was now only downloading the ones I really really wanted!!!

Curiosity may have killed the cat... but it MADE the kitten!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#142 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 2:43 AM
KELSMIT,

I'll be doing an update soon which fixes that problem.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#143 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:06 AM
Default Runtime 9 Error
I have run this program a dozen times and I keep getting the same error. I have correctly installed the VB6 Runtimes (I even downloaded them from Microsoft directly) and I have downloaded your file repeatedly to no avail - has anyone else experienced this?
Test Subject
#144 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:15 AM
WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD THE sims2pack Clean Installer .CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME THE LINK , HERE IS MY EMAIL [email protected]
Test Subject
#145 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 1:42 PM
Thankyou so much its made life a lot easier
Test Subject
#146 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 9:29 PM
Thank you! Great job!!!
Field Researcher
#147 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 10:06 PM
:bigwave:Thank you so much, Delphy!!! :nod: :baloons: It's help me out alot with my sim's files

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer
#148 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 8:43 PM
I have an error message that says I don't have the expansion to upload this current data (specific sims) and the faq guide says to download this, but all I've seen is mentioning of lots and such, have I been misdirected? I'm completely illiterate when it comes to this I just want a certain sim that was made by an awesome artist and I'm gonna cry.Gah ok whining done, please someone point me in the right direction, or if I am in the right place, explain what to do again because I didn't totally understand the directions =(
Instructor
#149 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 5:29 PM
OMG - Thank you sooooo much. This should save me hours of time!
Test Subject
#150 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 10:27 PM
Thanks! this is great!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") COPY AND PASTE THIS BUNNY! INTO UR SIGNAUTRE PLS!!
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7