Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#151 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 6:21 PM
The Losers (2010) - 6/10
It turned out to be better and had a lot of humor in it, but I must say it was more aimed towards guys.

Wreck-It Ralph (2012) - 6/10
A very cute movie and has a great storyline, It also teaches the children and people watching the film something.

Teen Spirit (2011) 5/10
This is one of those movies you watch when you are bored but it was funny.

Up in the Air (2009) 5/10
This movie went on longer then it needed to be and it could have ended with a great ending but they seem to have dragged it out for no reason. The storyline was good and so was the acting but the ending really let it down.

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Advertisement
Alchemist
#152 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:50 PM
Rise of the Guardians (2012) - 6/10
This is such a cute and funny film, it is worth watching and has a great story to it.

Closet (2012) - 1/10
This film was so bad, the acting was terriable and the storyline was worse.

10 Years (2011) - 4/10
I thought it was a good film, not seem a film like it before but i keeped figuring out what was going to happen so kind of predictable.

Kill for Me (2013) - 4/10
Good film kinda slightly twisted, it is worth watching if you are into those kind of films. but some things in the film did not fit.

My Simblr
My Youtube
Test Subject
#153 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 6:27 PM
The last movie I watched was Grave Encounters 2. I won't spoil anything but I will say it wasn't that great in my opinion. One part actually scared me but the rest was just .... well... found footage is overdone.

Before that a recent movie I watched is Vegas Vacation. Love it and probably one of few movies I'll watch more than once. Hahahaha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1YsrQoCf0
Theorist
#154 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 6:10 AM
Chinese Hercules

This cheap bad awesome flick has absolutely nothing to do with Hercules. The "hercules" isn't even the protagonist, but instead is this guy:

Like other martial arts flicks, the story is there to make the sense it does just so people can get beat up. The problem with the story that I see has two separate parts:
1. Where is the police? It seems anyone can take over a ship port for illegal business as long as they have goons, because that is all that is needed. No papers to sign.
2. What the characters do in the story, their actions that they arrive at to the situation, are all wrong.

I have to explain number 2 in a way that won't spoil the story and hilarity. Let's say that a cop's actions led to a shootout, and unfortunately a child is caught in the crossfire and killed. He feels guilty, but solves his guilt by sending his own child to adoption. Bingo. Wrong solution. That's the kind of logic you will witness in Chinese Hercules.

Story:
A martial arts man likes a woman. I mean he 'like' likes her. Unfortunately, the drunken brother attacks him and is killed. Guilt ridden, he runs to the docks and becomes the best dock unloader there. The dock owner is offered gold to open his port to bad stuff, and it is demanded that he fire all the workers. Then everyone fights.

Rating: 6 hilarious bananas out of 10
Theorist
#155 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 12:37 AM
Screaming Ninja

There IS a ninja, but he or she appears only twice briefly to shoot an arrow, and is never explained. The setting is in an undeclared Asian city where Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, and maybe other Asians live and barely tolerate each other. So, Chinese man meets a Chinese woman who pretends to be Japanese so that she can commit thievery. The entire first half is just these two going to different parts of the city looking for reasons to fight or pickpocket. At this point I was so hopelessly lost with the story that I gave up on it and my Effexor kicked in and I got giddy.

Second half is about debt between schools of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean dojos and their bosses. More reason to fight, and again there are absolutely no police to be seen anywhere, just thugs and bullies ready to fight over the principle of whatever. There is a LOT of fighting at different locations ( sumo ring, on the shores, at a noodle stand, etc. ) and it does lend some variety. The final battle is a martial arts duel between the Chinese man and some other guy who killed his family.

Their fight spans over from the urban area, onto a train which takes them somewhere else, onto cliffs, down to a waterfall. Very long fight sequence. As soon as the bad guy is killed, end of flick. What does this have to do with a ninja? Unlike Chinese Hercules, Screaming ninja is mostly ordinary. A much worse sin than being badfunny.

2/10
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 11:38 PM
Upside Down 8/10

A sci-fi/fantasy romance where two worlds exist with different gravities. Such a beautiful film, visually it is gorgeous. Storyline a bit predictable but overall a great film.

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Alchemist
#157 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 3:30 PM
Step Up 4: Miami Heat (2012) - 6/10
Great dancing but storyline just lacked something, the first couple of films where better storylines but this was still good.

50/50 (2011) - 6/10
About a guy who was cancer and his life, it has funny bit and sad bit. one mintue I was crying the next I was laughing, I must say its a great film and a must watch.

American Beauty (1999) - 4/10
I only watched this because my friend loves it and I wanted to see what the fuss it about. I must say it is the weirdest and creepest film I have seen, I was good but it went on for way to long and had bits in it that could of been cut out.

Nina's Heavenly Delights (2006) - 6/10
A cute and funny story about true love and what it really takes to me yourself.

Bridge to Terabithia (2007) - 6/10
Anazing film,great storyline and great acting. I had such a big grin on my face through this it shows how being yourself is how you find true friends and have the time of your life.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) - 8/10
I was not expexting this to be as good as it was but I would watch this film over and over again,it was just amazing.

Getting Even with Dad (1994) - 4/10
It is one of those classic films i watched growing up and I still love it now, its just amazing.

Hostel: Part II (2007) - 5/10
Kind of predictable for me because I love horrors, but I like the idea of the film and I never saw the first one so i had no idea what it was about.

My Simblr
My Youtube
Top Secret Researcher
#158 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 7:22 PM
The hobbit part 1or an unexpected journey

5.5/10

This maybe beacuase I have been watching game of thrones to much or which is most likely reason it is like harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1 it's all bulid up for the second one but this is in three parts why? If you cut out the travelling and the some of the Shire scenes you could probably get it down to two parts. I enjoyed watching it for most part, I still do not like Bildo baggins, I like dwarves a little more in a fantasy sense or it is beacuase of game of thrones as I like the dwarf in that series and Thranduil is just as hot as I remeber.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#159 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 9:32 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 16th Apr 2013 at 11:11 AM.
I can't wait to see The Hobbit! Hard to believe you rated it so low....I mean, the story is mostly description, so I wouldn't expect a lot, action-wise, anyway.

The Croods - 8/10 Very enjoyable! And very funny! Some touching moments but not overdone and what an amazing world!

*Updated* I just saw the movie again. The term "heart warming" best describes it. I think many of the critics missed what the central theme of this story is: The father/daughter relationship with the underlying message of how to let go and take risks. They pulled off teenage moods perfectly in daughter Eep as well as a dad's confusion with his daughter's growing independence and how to still stay relevant when that happens. I love this movie!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#160 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I can't wait to see The Hobbit! Hard to believe you rated it so low....I mean, the story is mostly description, so I wouldn't expect a lot, action-wise, anyway.

The Croods - 8/10 Very enjoyable! And very funny! Some touching moments but not overdone and what an amazing world!

I may have given it a higher rating if it was'nt for the fact the person I was watching it with was making making me feel nevrous but I did enjoy the hobbit and if I reposted by rating in a few days it maybe higher. Also I have recently watched the entrie second series of game of thrones and I am not sure whether giving a rating for one part is a good idea as I want do it as a hole and here's the thing I do not think it's a good as LOTR in some areas like villains but Gollum is as epic as ever. There is only one dwarves I liked and that was Thorin.

Maybe I should write a review of it.

I am not going to see the croods as its not my type of film.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Bunned
#161 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 11:39 PM
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - 9/10 Doesn't exactly do the book justice (but what movie does?), but a fantastic movie non the less. Inspiring, amazing, and I'd watch it again, any time.

Here's my nifty blog- Stories Drive Us
The power of imagination makes us infinite. ~ John Muir
Top Secret Researcher
#162 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 10:20 PM
Twilight for adout ten mintues for most users know my love for twilight (small bit of scarcasim there) 0/10.

Nocturnal Dawn
Theorist
#163 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 8:34 AM
Oblivion 4/10 - Weird lame-ass plot despite the great music and visuals. A shame, really
Instructor
#164 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 4:11 PM
Jurassic Park in Imax 3D - 10/10
Soooo good. Solid acting, script, directing, and the proper mix of animatronics & computer-generated imagery still makes this film seem ahead of its time. Add to that the immersive effect of quality 3D technology and you've got yourself a winner. Well worth the extra cash to see it in Imax! That first T-Rex scene is EPIC! If you liked the film before, this re-release will only bolster your love of the film. If it's still in theatres, I truly recommend revisiting Isla Nublar!

"DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH" *ROOOAAAR!!!*
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 10:19 PM
Gentlemen Broncos 9/10

An aspiring teenage writer who discovered his story has been stolen by a famous author. Totally weird and bizarre, but brilliant.

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Forum Resident
#166 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 9:23 AM
Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2.

10/10

Lovely ending to such a magical series. Ill miss it majorly.
Top Secret Researcher
#167 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 11:20 AM
A film adaptation of cathrine cookson's cinder path

7/10

I love the film and I only watched the last half for I did not know that it was on.

Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#168 Old 8th May 2013 at 10:24 PM
Backdoor Teen Mom -20/10

It's awkward and not hot at all.
Alchemist
#169 Old 10th May 2013 at 8:20 PM
I am not going to write about each film because their are to many, so anything rated 5 or above i really enjoyed and worth watching, anything rated below was not very good.

Think Like A Man (2012) - 2/10
Parental Guidance (2012) - 6/10
Beautiful Creatures (2013) - 6/10
Movie 43 (2013) - 4/10
About Cherry (2012) - 5/10
The Apparition (2012) - 3/10
Love Is All You Need? (2013) - 7/10
Girls Against Boys (2012) - 5/10
Sinister (2012) - 1/10
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012) - 5/10
21 & Over (2013) - 6/10
ParaNorman (2012) - 5/10
The Grudge (2004) - 3/10
Magic Mike (2012) - 3/10
Julie & Julia (2009) - 6/10
The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2012) - 6/10

My Simblr
My Youtube
Top Secret Researcher
#170 Old 12th May 2013 at 9:31 PM
Beatuitfal creatures 0/10 It is like twilight only without the sparkle vampies.

Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 15th May 2013 at 9:39 PM
Gacy - Found on Netflix - Horror
4.5/10
-I really didnt like this movie, mostly because of the lack of structure. It skipped a lot of action. It bored me.
Test Subject
#172 Old 20th May 2013 at 10:01 AM
Warm Bodies 8/10
Very Entertaining, romantic comedy...kind'a different for a zombie movie.
Top Secret Researcher
#173 Old 20th May 2013 at 12:17 PM
Lady Death (a rare anime film)

5.5/10 I like anime and the story was okay though I wish that the villain was more interesting at times and the villain was cool.

Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#174 Old 20th May 2013 at 11:28 PM
Star Trek Into Darkness - 7/10 = Exciting because they have the same wonderful cast, there are neat effects, and it's Star Trek! Points off for not enough story and too much action. They did a better job with the first one and totally had my attention. This time, I spaced in the middle of the film. Like I said, too much action. After repeated scenes of *kewr!* *shhooom shooom shoom* *Bawang!* etc....I just lose it and the story loses it for me.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#175 Old 20th May 2013 at 11:38 PM
Star Trek Int Darkness - 10/10 = I'm a Trekkie, why wouldn't I give this awesome move 10/10

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Page 7 of 39