Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Longer/Shorter Pregnancy Length

by MasterDinadan Posted 21st Sep 2014 at 7:17 PM

138 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:24 AM
Thanks hun. So it's ok to have multiple directory files in the cfg then?

Idk why but nothing is working for me. Not just ur mod but inteen as well. Could it be because I don't have the newest patch maybe?
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 8:27 AM
hola no entiendo bien como se instala me lo puedes decir gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:51 PM
Please, create a abortion mod!
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:34 AM
do you think you could make a mod for more morning sickness and backaches and then a mod for the water breaking when the sims go into labor? Unless in 4, there's a puddle when it happens already and I somehow missed it. I mean, sims take preggy tests to find out if they're with child now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:44 PM
im kind of new to mods and everything, but how do i edit a ".cfg" file (the simplest terms and or pictures would be greatly appreciated as I'm not joking im new to scrip mods and really frankly have no idea what i'm doing. All the same thank you very much for this mod I can't wait to use it! :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:06 PM
6 day version please
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:55 PM
please help i did what was required but its not working after i save the resource fill where was it ment to go or should i remove the one that came with the game
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:44 AM
Pregnancy Length + Inteen
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDinadan
Have not tested it, but I had a quick look at their package and I didn't see any conflicts as far as resource IDs. I expect it should work.

I'm currently playing with this and the Inteen mod installed and all is well for me.

@MasterDinadan This is a really great mod, works perfectly! Thx for making this, Great job! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by canastera
hola no entiendo bien como se instala me lo puedes decir gracias

Todavía necesitas ayuda, o ya lo instalaste?

Note to mods: I am not sure what the policy is on posts that aren't in English - I'm happy to take this to private messaging if that's more acceptable. Thank you!
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:30 AM
Hi! Since this mod lengthen/shortens pregnancy, I wanted to ask was this done by affecting in-game time? One of my sims is a writer and needs to submit books to Literary Digest, but it can only be done once a week. I currently have the 30 day flavor implemented. I've checked the mailbox zealously, yet the Literary Digest option is no longer available for me to click on even after "two weeks" have passed since I used this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:51 PM
Ummmm... how do you actually use this? Like how to change the length of pregnancy???
Instructor
THANKS POST
#37 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:07 AM
Thank you I have had three normal 3 day pregnancies trying to have a daughter and wasted nearly 10 days only to produce boys NOW even if I have more boys I won't have to waste so much time producing them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:31 PM
Thanks for the mod. Is it possible to make a 6 day pregnancy? I find that the 9 days is too long for me.
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 9:12 AM
[QUOTE=alyciabaleesha]Todavía necesitas ayuda, o ya lo instalaste?

Note to mods: I am not sure what the policy is on posts that aren't in English - I'm happy to take this to private messaging if that's more acceptable. Thank you![/QUOTE que hay que poner en el reosurce ?porque en el mio solo trae esto Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package nada mas hay que poner algo mas?
Test Subject
#40 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 9:14 AM
otra cosa y que es XML 03B33DDF 00000000 06F6554A25E46FD0 quiero decir que objeto es thanks
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:58 AM
Is this compatible with today's patch?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:25 PM
I'm so glad you made this mod. I am currently testing it with about three pregnancies in my game. Now I can go to sleep and not wake up to babies that I cannot name. Also, this just makes sense. Though pregnancy is quite difficult on female sims, everyone in the family should get to experience the pregnancy. I set my time to 6 day trimesters. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 2:03 AM Last edited by starringrole : 10th Nov 2014 at 8:02 AM. Reason: Answering my own question
I have a sim that's probably 12 hours into her pregnancy right now, will she be bumped up a trimester or so when I load the game with this mod? (Side note: I'm using lostaccount's Inteen and this sim is a teen. I assume the mod will affect her, but do you know for sure?)
Edit: it worked on her. When I started the game after installing, she got bumped up to the second trimester.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:49 PM
Thanks! I really like this mod! However, SimGuruModSquad has confirmed we don't have to use that extra line in the Resource.cfg file and don't need the empty unpackedmods folder. Might want to update the instructions of the mod.
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LarLyn
Thanks for the mod. Is it possible to make a 6 day pregnancy? I find that the 9 days is too long for me.

You can make one yourself, just download one of the mod versions, extract the resource out of the .package file, edit the value of n="PREGNANCY_RATE">0.05000 (thats the 1day version) to anything you want. to make a 6 day version, just divide 0.05000 by 6 and replace the value, import back into the package and you got yourself a 6day version
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jubbie
Please, create a abortion mod!

YES! It would be amazing!
Test Subject
#47 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 12:01 AM
Or a mod to make twins or Triplets more common.
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 2:30 PM
or some way of changing the odds towards a specific gender, like taking long baths while pregnant => more likely to get a girl or something like that ;D
Mad Poster
#49 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZarrocZ
You can make one yourself, just download one of the mod versions, extract the resource out of the .package file, edit the value of n="PREGNANCY_RATE">0.05000 (thats the 1day version) to anything you want. to make a 6 day version, just divide 0.05000 by 6 and replace the value, import back into the package and you got yourself a 6day version

Thank you for this reply, I was able to change mine to five days. I just might get into XML mods, still trying to learn.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 4:49 PM
I love the mod, hate when the mother is so uncomfortable. I'm still getting used to the install directions but i realized the .package file must go into the unpacked folder to be playable. I didnt really get that from the directions. Thanks again.
Page 2 of 6