Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 4:18 AM
When people mistake suggestions for advice, and somehow thinks everything is about them...

And when people blow things out of proportions, especially when a certain someone I know gorges on candy and then gets mad when I get annoyed at them for commenting on the candy I've eaten during the holiday (which is probably a tenth of what they've stuffed in their mouth the past couple weeks). I don't think I've eaten less than this at Christmas the past 10 years or so, and it's still wrong? *grumbles*
What I did say was that the candy wrappers could probably be sorted as plastic (didn't even start out as a comment on the candy amount, but a trash thing, because we're supposed to sort the trash in more bins after new year), and she went to insta-fireworks mode. Seriously, she's got an issue

And that slightly sore throat. I really don't need it now
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 12:47 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 27th Jan 2020 at 2:29 AM.
My father dropped a full glass of water on my Nintendo Switch. Great. I know my father has busted his ass to get the store in selling condition, but I felt incensed by his stone-handed, butter-fingered handling. It wasn't an isolated incident in the past few days.

He said he'd replace the system if he truly fucked it up.

I rather use my allowance.

Edit: He didn't turn it into an expensive paperweight but I dropped it when I FELL UP the stairs and luckily it didn't break.

I am not having a good Sunday. Besides, it takes a special type of klutz to fall up the stairs rather than down.

Fuck My Life, indeed

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#78 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 4:18 AM
We went to the adoption event pre-approved, and there were plenty of dogs there, but we did not find *our* dog. We found a dog that I thought could be ours, but the rescue didn't think she'd do well in an apartment. I'm just feeling sad. I'm thankful I didn't tell my mother, it would feel worse to have to tell her that we didn't have a dog when she called to find out about which dog we got. Like a miscarriage. This way we can just feel sad as a family without having to mitigate other's emotions.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Theorist
#79 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
We went to the adoption event pre-approved, and there were plenty of dogs there, but we did not find *our* dog. We found a dog that I thought could be ours, but the rescue didn't think she'd do well in an apartment. I'm just feeling sad. I'm thankful I didn't tell my mother, it would feel worse to have to tell her that we didn't have a dog when she called to find out about which dog we got. Like a miscarriage. This way we can just feel sad as a family without having to mitigate other's emotions.

We got our dog from Petfinder which is an online site in The States. I saw several before we clicked with someone who ran a rescue with available dogs and was willing to allow a renter to adopt.. It was around this time of year-I remember picking her up a week after my birthday. There were no pounds near us so we had to go online. I remember being upset when this or that dog didn't work out.

As disappointed as you are, keep the faith. There is your special doggie out there. He or she will find you. Keep on trying. Good luck.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#80 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 8:21 PM
I'm well acquainted with pet finder, but they keep rubbing salt in the wound by emailing me and asking, "Did you adopt yet?" We're not renters, but there seems to be this thing about dog owners needing to have a yard around here which I don't understand. Is it a southern thing? Back home, we don't just leave dogs outside for long periods of time.

Theorist
#81 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I'm well acquainted with pet finder, but they keep rubbing salt in the wound by emailing me and asking, "Did you adopt yet?" We're not renters, but there seems to be this thing about dog owners needing to have a yard around here which I don't understand. Is it a southern thing? Back home, we don't just leave dogs outside for long periods of time.

Yes, unfortunately. They like the dogs to have a yard to run around in because (apparently?) there are no parks in the USA and no one will take their dog on walks. We never had a yard in the 11 years we had our dog. Wait, we did when living with my parents but my dog was a "leashed" dog and never understood the concept of a yard. We never could really let her off the leash there thanks to their neighbor with the wacko dog who used to go insane and run back and forth when he saw her (we'd call him her boyfriend but it was a passive/aggressive relationship at best).

Do you have a certain dog breed in mind? Sometimes a smaller dog will be easier to adopt ("apparently less need for yard") than a bigger dog. After what nice people go through to get a rescue or adopted dog I don't blame some of them (though I am personally anti-breeder) for buying a puppy. I bet if you could get in touch with some more southern rescues you could get a dog. Ours was from North Carolina and they shipped her up to NH and we brought her back to Vermont. The lady fostering said "They treat dogs very badly down south."

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#82 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 11:41 PM
I swear it's easier to buy a gun in Virginia than to adopt a dog in Maryland. If we'd wanted a pit bull we'd've adopted by now; all the shelters are full up with them, but I didn't click with any and the shelter experience was too overwhelming for me. My husband wants a running partner and I was raised with the idea that dogs get walked several times a day ingrained in me. I could probably even take a puppy because if the dog were to be walked every time I have to go drop a kid off or pick them up, they'd be walked 4 times a day. Add in the dog specific walks and we're up to 6 times a day. Conservatively, our hypothetical dog would be walking over 3 miles a day before we add in my husbands quick mile or three. But apparently a home with two adults, a 7 year old, a 3 year old, and a cat would not be stimulating enough for a herding dog without a large fenced yard. Seems to me that a dog kept in a yard instead of walked would soon develop a digging problem, a vendetta against squirrels, or an astonishing ability to escape. In terms of breed, I tend to like pointy faced fluffy dogs.

Theorist
#83 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 8:42 PM
Tunafishfish--here's an article I just found:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-to-adopt-one/

And, yes, there are a whole lot of pitbulls. People over breed them or they rescue them from dog fighters and many people return them back to shelters. I am not against Pitbulls but I would not get one myself, though they might be good pets.

We were very lucky with our dog. My sister has gotten several shelter dogs and they have all had serious issues.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#84 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 10:20 PM
Well, still homeless and still looking for a new home so....

But hey, at least there's free WiFi everywhere.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 6:56 PM
You're homeless??????

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#86 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Well, still homeless and still looking for a new home so....

But hey, at least there's free WiFi everywhere.

Been there, went through that. It's simply awful. If you have kids or pets it is very draining and sad. I hope you find a home soon.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#87 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 6:53 PM
@smorbie1
Yep. Have been since Jan 6th. We're staying at a shelter that takes good care of it's clients and are in their program that gets you back in a home. Just takes a bit of time.
@HCAC
What I said above and - only one of the boys is with me...But he's an adult and my hope is that they help him get set up on his own. It's time, lol. We had to give up our KiKi but he at least got adopted right away so he's not sitting in a shelter waiting on a foster or a new home. (Actually.. his new humans were going to just foster him at first. When they saw him they decided to adopt.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#88 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 8:16 PM
Okay...this happened last week.
I went grocery shopping with my father and I forgot my wallet and he covered the $30.

Now, my money is being reloaded and there's two problems.

My father wants me to pay back in one way so I don't have a constant deficit of $30 every month.

My mother, being from the "Stupid Should Hurt" school of thought, want the repayment paid out differently.

Argh! I wish I hadn't ran out the door and into the car like a cat at 3:00 AM.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#89 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 8:55 PM
Somebody kill me.

I just got back from the endocrinologist and I am a hot mess. The paper work I was handed said how much of a monster I was around food.

I also have to visit more doctors, take metformin, which, when I was on in a while back, it was of no effect.

Argh! I told him "No stomach banding!" I was a mess by the time I got home and now looking at the papers.

Mad Poster
#90 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 9:29 PM
TMI but I've been having stomach issues recently. Anyway, today I had stomach pains so bad, that kept coming and going, that I was actually paranoid I was going to give birth or something. They were literally as painful as contractions. Which was kind of awkward at a fancy meal. I had to sit there and pretend I wasn't absolutely dying.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#91 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 10:19 PM
Writing warning to the parents of my students who skip classes regularly and missed 20 or more classes in January. The worst part was the declension of surnames. As a rule of thumb, surnames should be declined, but:
1) Some of them are indeclinable
2) some people don't want their surnames to be declined
3) there's a shit-ton of exceptions
4) foreign surnames can either be declined regularly, irregularly or not at all

Now make a decision to either decline a surname or not...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#92 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 10:09 AM
I have a shit-ton of blood tests awaiting me.
I am not shitting you, my blood draw ordered are 2 pages long.

I hate fasting blood draws.

*I can't drink anything but plain water and black coffee\tea.
*Taking my morning meds is straight up nasty if melting occured.
*I am pretty vicious in terms of hangry (and you wonder how I survived 10 days on a extremely low calorie diet.)

Theorist
#93 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 9:01 PM
^ This....yep...I was so crabby yesterday waiting for mine, Panda Queen. Got home with a headache because my body needed coffee and food by 10:00 am (I was up early that morning). They took vials. I now have a lovely bruise on my arm I am trying to get rid of asap. I bruise v. easily thanks to low platelets. This fasting thing is just not normal. How often do people fast? Shouldn't they take your blood as it is? (sorry you had to go through all that).

Instructor
#94 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 9:27 PM
my day was good till my face swelled up, i sneezing a lot while trying to pick up my nose and now my face looked like i was crying since i also had a dry eyes and teared up to my right eye
and i couldn't control them, i don't know what to do now, my eyes tears up often when they are dry, i only have them when it's warm or when i'm very exhausted

and now i has them during vacuuming, and i still have the symptoms i mentioned earlier, open the windows, taking fresh air and taking shower didn't helped, and now i don't know what to do
maybe seeing a doctor if i'm allergic to dust or so? idk but it sure ruined my day
Top Secret Researcher
#95 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 8:27 PM
Not a bad day. Went to mass. Got told to stop sinning. I wonder if playing the sims is a sin? What if there are mods? I don't know of any saint who played the sims....
I learned how to make a roast that isn't "Rubber Roast". Daughter said she liked it. Not sure if she's just saying that to be nice but it wasn't a bad roast; I felt it was too salty.
Wife and daughter doing a day thing; big fight getting out the door and I tried to keep out. Got Schrodinger the dog in my lap and it's nice and quiet.
I guess I stink. Wife has been spritzing me with this toilet spray that smells like it's labeled "The State of California has determined this may cause cancer". She does it when I'm sleeping, and it wakes me up because it is so horrid. Okay, hint taken. No, the house does not smell like you've been smoking (she smokes like a warehouse fire the house totally sinks of smoke), and I'm sorry I'm burning frankincense and you don't like it (I'm just amazed that she's complaining about it). My nose is sent deaf because of an infection I had as a kid. Maybe I stink. If I just invented a stinkinator I would know.
It must be pure hell to have to be nice and live with someone you don't like and think smells foul, just because you need the money. I kinda feel sorry for my wife sometimes.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Not a bad day. Went to mass. Got told to stop sinning. I wonder if playing the sims is a sin? What if there are mods? I don't know of any saint who played the sims...

As far as Saints go in terms of innovation, St. Claire was able to astral project herself from quite a considerable distance.

Modern day followers of saints say her domain was television as the root words mean "far sight\image" and this also stands true in German as Fernsehen (the German word for television) uses the same root terms for the compound that translates it literally.

Of course, I never really had bothered to ask if there was a saint of shepherds of polygonal people. Most likely, a canonization is imminent.

As for me, I was awake all night and haven't slept since waking up at 8:30PM last night. Prior to that I fell asleep after eating a plate of loaded baked potatoes in a mash and taking my night pills, some having a sedative effect. I only slept from 6:00PM~8:30PM.

I have been worrying about insane things about my future. When I finally stop seeing the doctors, I plan on getting a job that can accommodate my disability and work with my strengths. I also want to wear smaller clothes and do things beyond the routine.

But now, I'm strung out on nervous energy. I actually would hate to be part of an evil plot and a swarthy devilish man is satisfied with my results. He would shout: "Her energy level has reached its peak...come forth, Gun Yoh!" (Gun Yoh is a reference to the late Gunpei Yokoi who invented the Game Boy. I spent the past 3 days playing on a new Nintendo 3DS XL, a successor.)

I hate for it to turn into this:
Devil: Aren't you glad you're alive?
Frank (my neighbor): Yeah, So?
Devil: So, this next part will be all the more horrifying...

I need sleep... I messed up and I'm messed up.

Mad Poster
#97 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 10:36 AM
Cleaning the back splash behind the grills at work today and I stood on one of the trivettes
Didn't realise that it had only just been turned off, so I stood on it and a couple of minutes later, I've got a lovely burnt pattern on the soles of one of my work boots

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Top Secret Researcher
#98 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 4:43 AM
I want to go to Quebec and France, see where my ancestors live, drink wine, be 18 years old, marry a young french girl, have lots of little french kids, speak french and go to church.
I guess I go back to 1960, kidnap myself, and head back to the past. This is what I get for drinking red wine and watching french movies gets me. :-D

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#99 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 4:27 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 2nd Mar 2020 at 4:53 PM.
Yesterday, early afternoon: "I"m going to restart my Pokémon games... All of them.

Jean-Michel Cousteau: Six hours later... (Editor's note: I counted)

Me afterwards: I should have drank one of my caffeine shots. I don't care if I rocket to the moon and leave a hole big enough for manhole covers, gimme gimme gimme!

Never did Pokémon not only raise the ire and disgust I have for corporate zombiehood (sitting at desks performing commands) and bureaucracy (Having to write Kymchee a number of times like it's a packet of forms), but now remind me to stick to it to the end.

P.S. Jean-Michel Cousteau is Jacques Cousteau's son, one of the few children born from the union of Jacques and his wife that work in oceanography (I read he had a child from an extramarital affair and it lead to a fight upon Jacques' death on ownership of the Cousteau name.) Jean-Michel hosted a special feature for Finding Nemo's 2-disc collector's edition set released during Thanksgiving 2003. Of course, in true Pixar fashion, the overlaid animation of Nemo, Marlin and Dory would upstage some mundane parts.

Mad Poster
#100 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 6:32 PM
My car got hit by a Ferrari. Rich assholes can't ever seem to drive the POS they waste money on.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Page 4 of 30