Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 12:09 AM Last edited by GagaLegacy : 29th Sep 2012 at 12:21 AM.
editing someone elses mesh?
Hello everyone, i have a huge question! ok well today i wanted to edit someone else's object mesh, (mostly because i admire the animations they added to it) , so like any respectful mesher i asked for their permission and they replied sure! now i am a very exprecied clothes, acceorise mesher and i have "ReMeshed" body meshes, but i dont understand how to edit or remesh someone elses object mesh. if you could please send me a tutorial or explain how to do it (and still keep his mesh in the game) id be very honored.

(NOTE: yes dont worry i know how to mesh objects)
(also note: i wanna keep the animations of the object but i just wanna change the mesh)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:27 AM
If you are going to change the mesh of an animated object, you have also to reassign all joints of your new mesh. It is not enough just change the shape. If you just replace the mesh, all the animations will stop working. I think you need the tutorial on how to retain animations when you edit meshes.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 8:16 PM
You can use Simpe's object workshop to clone the meshfile and choose wat you want to clone.
If your not going to change the animations then there is no need to include them.(same with other files you dont need, like sound, textures etc)
When done you export/extract the gmdc(right click on it), the meshfile

Open it with Milkshape with the correct object plugin installed and replace it with any other mesh.
If the object itself animates then look for the joint assignements and choose wether you want to have your custom object animated in a similar way.
Assigne the vertice to the correct joint, or dont for a non animated object.

Later on(or at the same time) fix the textures