Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:25 AM
Default Mirroring Poses in Milkshape?
Not sure if this is the right forum, couldn't find poseboxes listed on any of them.

I've been having a problem with trying to mirror some of the poses that I make, getting Milkshape to flip a pose so that it is the mirror image of the original. I should mention that I know very little about Milkshape outside what one needs to know for posing, no knowledge of meshing, for example. Cynnix is trying to help me on another board, but while she knows meshing, she knows nothing about posing animations, so we have a bit of a communication gap.

Basically, I've been selecting the pose and choosing Mirror All from the Tools menu, and then Left to Right. This flips things nicely, but the problem is the joints of the skeleton. The left joints are now assigned to the right side, and the right to the left, so in game, the pose looks all screwy. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way (hopefully an easy way) to reassign the joints to the proper sides. Anyone tried this before and had better results?

"I may be a cold-blooded jelly donut, but my timing is impeccable."
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 7:56 AM
mirror and rename the joints?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 6:02 PM
How do I do that?

"I may be a cold-blooded jelly donut, but my timing is impeccable."
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 6:38 PM