Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 8:25 PM
Default Pool ladder recolors?
Hello!

I've been searching all over the internet, but I couldn't find pool ladder recolors anywhere. I found one from a German page but the link is dead now, and there was another one here at MTS but the creator deleted it. There are some recolors of the jumping ladder but I found none of the ladder to exit the pool, please help me, my sims are so bored with the forever grayish ladder they have been using since their great grandmother was born.
Thank you and happy simming!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meredithvlasher
Hello!

I've been searching all over the internet, but I couldn't find pool ladder recolors anywhere. I found one from a German page but the link is dead now, and there was another one here at MTS but the creator deleted it. There are some recolors of the jumping ladder but I found none of the ladder to exit the pool, please help me, my sims are so bored with the forever grayish ladder they have been using since their great grandmother was born.
Thank you and happy simming!

I couldn't find any recolors of the regular EA ladder but I did find this jumping ladder. The only thing is...you need Get Together in order for it to work in your game. Other than that, I can't find any functional recolors. Hope I helped!
Pool Ladder: https://jools-simming.tumblr.com/po...ke-the-existing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 10:38 AM
It is helpful, thank you! It seems that the regular ladder is nowhere to be found, and since I want that too I'm reading a tutorial of how to make recolors, if I'm successful I'll upload it to share it
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meredithvlasher
It is helpful, thank you! It seems that the regular ladder is nowhere to be found, and since I want that too I'm reading a tutorial of how to make recolors, if I'm successful I'll upload it to share it
You're welcome! I wish you a good luck on making your recolors!
Instructor
#5 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 6:02 AM
I definitely encourage people to learn to recolor at least a little bit. The TS4 side of making recolors is pretty easy. Follow tutorial, push buttons. The image editing part is not that much more difficult if the recolor itself is not complex. And then you'll have the power to make MORE simple recolors!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cidira
I definitely encourage people to learn to recolor at least a little bit. The TS4 side of making recolors is pretty easy. Follow tutorial, push buttons. The image editing part is not that much more difficult if the recolor itself is not complex. And then you'll have the power to make MORE simple recolors!

I am making some recolors of normal stairs with TSR workshop. The problem is with pool ladders, neither TSR workshop nor S4S extract those objects. I navigated a little the actual game .package files with all their content, but I don't know how to extract all the files needed for using the mesh, the animations, and the functionality, since recoloring the texture itself it's easy but I don't know how to do the rest. There must be a way, since other people did it, but they all deleted their content and I don't know why, perhaps their content was broken? I just don't know enough about extracting in game objects without the help of TSR workshop or S4S and I was unable to find any tutorial explaining it.
Instructor
#7 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 7:58 PM
If you share the info you have for the downloads that no longer work, I may be able to help there.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 8:01 PM
However, now that I've actually looked, you might find this more useful:
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...=887&height=499
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cidira
However, now that I've actually looked, you might find this more useful:
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...=887&height=499

Oh, thank you! Yes, this is exactly what I need, I did look before but I didn't find it