Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 7:47 AM Last edited by kixleart : 19th Nov 2020 at 4:54 PM.
Default WCIF a fix for interacting with/removing objects in bay windows
This is probably a kind of niche problem, which is probably why google has failed me.
so I built a nice little floral shop for my town and I was delighted to find that I could put the flowers for sale in the bay windows (maxis ones, will update this with the name of the window if it's relevant). seems nice, right? it was until I tried to restock the bouquets that had been sold and found out that they had seemingly become part of the window, making it impossible to restock them or remove any of the remaining flowers from the windows.
so what I'm looking for is a mod that fixes this issue or even a custom bay window that is somehow exempt from whatever mistake maxis made that's causing this.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 1:17 PM
Put the walls down, there is a game tip about this that came with Pets EP but it doesn't show up because it's in the wrong section which is too full, it says:
"You can now place decorative objects in bay windows. To remove objects placed in the window, select the Walls Down view (or press the End key), then select the object with the Hand tool and move it from the window."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Put the walls down, there is a game tip about this that came with Pets EP but it doesn't show up because it's in the wrong section which is too full, it says:
"You can now place decorative objects in bay windows. To remove objects placed in the window, select the Walls Down view (or press the End key), then select the object with the Hand tool and move it from the window."

oh, ok. I had no idea because, like you said, it doesn't show up. good to know. I'll have to see if that applies to interacting with the objects in the window as well. thank you for the help.
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 3:52 PM
If you want to see the Game Tip this tiny file will move it from the Pets section which is too full to the OFB section where it belongs.
BayWindowGameTip.zip (203 Bytes)