Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#76 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 3:58 AM
skylark - Levels of disciplines and ages is addressed in post #3, before the looooooooong list os disciplines.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 12:10 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you are joining Skylark! I love Esther....she's the perfect nosferatu.....I wish others would be nosi-s too, I really like them but unfortunately I don't think I'm capable at pulling one off Oh and I have internet *crosses fingers* but i don't wanna jinx it *claps and twirls around in happiness*

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
Field Researcher
#78 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 1:52 PM
Yes, I really wish other Nozzies would join... Esther is always the only one. But hey, someone has to represent!

Ahhhh - based on the Bloodlines computer game - that's why the disciplines have been so simplified! Man, I miss the Mask of a Thousand faces (a Nozzie's favourite friend & Obfuscate 3 in the table top). But I'll manage.

And without further ado - Esther's app (Sorry, heat is darn oppressive here and my brain is farting. So I'm going to "cheat" and copy my app from the previous RP).

Clan: Nosferatu
Name: Esther Rosenberg
Disciplines: Obfuscate (5), Potence (4), Animalism (3)

Bio:
Good evening! No need to jump, Neonate. I am one of your kind if you’d take the time to look before yelping. Who am I? Why Esther Rosenberg, of course. Ah… I can see by the look on your face that you don’t recognise the name – I suppose that I have not been to the Americas for quite some time, but Paris was getting tiresome. Yes, Paris. I know we don’t as a rule like to travel, but I tend to be an exception to many rules.

Why so jumpy? Oh – you really are a young blood aren’t you? Still changing? No, I’m not going to hurt you so you do not need to threaten with the return of your sire. Care for some company? Some idle chatter? It’ll keep your mind off the pain. Not in the mood for talking, huh? You wish to hear about me? I suppose I could tell you what it was like for me. When I was sired our clan was quite different to what it is like today. It was 605 years ago in a German town. I was the only child of a Jewish trader and our ilk was not welcome. One evening when my father was away and I was running errands I was attacked, violated and left in the street to die. Please, forgive the bitterness in my voice, but the memory is painful. But that was not good enough for my sire. He came to me, told me of how my punishment was fitting and then embraced me and abandoned me. I will never forget his only words to me, "Death is too good for you. Your punishment will serve for your kind." Yes, I went through the change alone. Yes, I had to teach myself what I was. Needless to say I left and tried to make my own way in the world – until I made the mistake of feeding on a Ventrue’s spy, which is when an enclave of our kind found me and bargained for my life with information. Yes, that is very different from today – although some I fear, still sire out of hatred. Me? No – I have never sired and probably never will. I find others Neonates more than enough to keep out of trouble.

I have travelled the world since. Information is our clan’s lifeblood and I make sure that it gets around. You know Shreknet? Never guessed an Elder was behind the modernising, did you? No – keeping to old ways and old methods won’t help us to survive. And it is so much quicker than waiting for someone like me to arrive like the Pony Express. Although it is best to visit places in person from time to time to keep an eye on things, besides which – I always follow the stars. Crazy? Perhaps, but some habits are hard to kill.

Why thank you. It is not often I am called kind. No, definitely not to the other clans! They see what they need to see. Most of them are stuck up gits who think they own the world. It’s good to remind them that they’re not. Besides – they think that we’re less, that we can be bullied because we are openly monstrous. *spits* Arrogant pigs! Worse than any of us. I will admit they are good for a bit of fun and information, now and again.

Ah look – there's your sire. Give him this flash drive and tell him to look at the file called “Obliette”. Yes. Some things are better delivered in person. But now I must go feed…

Other stuff: Since Esther is the only Nosferatu in the game so far, if nobody else wants it I would like to ask if Esther can be the acting primogen for the Nozzies until they find someone else suitable. It's not a role she would take permanently with her love of travel and unpredictable schedule (although we all know where she's going to be, this being an RP and all). It's not a role she would be too happy with so I would like her to only find out in RP if possible... (sometimes I am mean to my characters).

Also, Psyche, if no other Nosferatu join and you don't mind changing your friend's gender - Esther could be Carmilla's secret Nosferatu friend.

And finally, if anyone is wanting to play a Noz, but is intimidated by the clan - play a newly embraced Neonate. You are expected to get it wrong at first then plus the older Nozzies will help you out (even if its just me in game... or PMs if you want).

Picture:
A portrait of the original version of Esther (i.e. how I used to costume for her in LARPs - face putty is your friend).

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#79 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 2:28 PM
skylark - Not sure what you mean. You want her to find out that she's the Primogen, in-game? If she doesn't want the title (i.e. if she doesn't take it herself), she'll be voted primogen by the other Nosferatu's. Not that it means you can't RP about it, but with the lack of other Nozzie's, you might have to RP about it alone? Or did you have something else in mind?

Oh, and by the way, GREAT APPLICATIONS EVERYONE. They're all so thought out. Good job.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#80 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 2:35 PM
LOL - well, her having just found out would be an interesting first post to get into character unless we all start in the same place. There is no way in heck Esther would want the title - she takes her ability to travel very seriously (unlike other Nozzies). She would begrudgingly take up the position as a temporary filler until she/the other Nozzies could find someone else - but it won't be happily.

Of course, there are other possibilities, if someone wanted to be the one to inform her. Could make for an amusing RP scene. But I am happy to just start off with an annoyed Esther in the first post.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#81 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 2:54 PM
skylark - Sounds like a good scenario to me.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#82 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 3:57 PM
Default ooc
Skylark - Great! I thought of it before I read your suggestion. You can be Carmillas friend right away if you want to. Even if other Nosferatus join. She can always hook up with them later.
#83 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 10:35 PM
Great to see Esther again skylark.

Would the other Primogens have a say or be present at the counting of votes for the election of a Primogen? If so I’m happy for Mina to inform Esther that she has a seat. As Mina values her place on the council then it could make an interesting RP. Alternatively maybe the prince would inform people?
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#84 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 11:05 PM
Actually, choosing a Primogen would be a clan affair, although the Prince will probably have made it clear if he's got a preference. They are to act directly under him, after all.

But then again, I can't see why the Prince and the rest of the Primogen wouldn't be present when the announcement is made. And for the RP's sake, we can make it so that the Nosferatu leave their votes with the primogen council, instead of being upfront about what they voted. That way, Mina can be the one to make the announcement, having been picked by the rest of the primogen to do so, or even offered to do it herself?

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#85 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 12:51 AM
Well, I know how it would have probably happened then. Esther probably made a blase comment about them mabe being able to use her if they needed to, expecting the rest of the clan to ask first.

And she probably wouldn't have been AT her clan's actual voting, not considering it that much of her business since shedoes not view herself as an LA vamp.

Not so much a lack of being upfront but a rather messy communication error.

Psyche - I want to leave it available as a possible hook for someone else maybe wanting to play a Nozzie since its nice to have a place to start. I can start Esther off without hooks if need be (alhough the primogen thing is a nice one), but someone else may need it. If nobody grabs it before apps close in however many hours then I will happily take it up.
Test Subject
#86 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 12:55 AM
Are we allowed to actually start roleplaying Friday? *jumps up and down excitedly*
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#87 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 12:59 AM
skylark - Okay, and since she's not at the actual voting, the Prince will send someone to contact her. He won't do it himself, because he's oh-so-very-busy ( ) and has so many better, more important things to do. So, whoever was interested in being the messanger could go. And that would be Mina then, veldagia?

And yes, the Prince is an arrogant jerk. Like I said to Swift earlier; if y'all thought Adrien was arrogant... just wait. :D

Elektra - I'm not sure. So far, the only thing me and dev have discussed regarding Friday is increasing the character limit. I'll try and get a hold of dev.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#88 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:36 AM
Default ooc
skylark - That makes perfect sense. You've done this before, haven't you? We'll leave it be, and see if anyone jumps at the occasion.
#89 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:36 AM
ooc: Ahhh, kind of hoping we don't start Friday... :[ I would hate to miss the beginning, and I don't think I'll be able to get on long enough to post anything tomorrow.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#90 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:53 AM
skylark - Having read up a bit on the Primogen myself, there's one other likely scenario; the Prince may have picked Esther himself. Meaning, Esther has made her comment, the clan picks her up on that and forwards it to the Prince along with any other hopefuls. The Prince picks Esther, and sends one of the other primogen (Mina?) to inform her.
It's up to you which scenario you want to go with. Just wanted to give you options.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#91 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 2:09 AM
Sneakers, likewise! Can't wait to see Vevila again as well. :D

But ugh, guys... There is no way I can get an actual application in until Sunday probably. I am writing this in a rush; I am so freaking busy moving into my first house right now. If it's okay I'll submit my app later and of course you guys can start without me. I'll jump in at some point.

If not, I will just watch from the sidelines.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#92 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 2:23 AM
Garnet - Just copy your app from the previous RP, and then you can update it later? Just so that we'll have something.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#93 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 10:41 AM
Atropa - Oooooh - I like that! That sounds good. I must admit that I don't know anything about the Primogen.

Garnet - Yes, copy your app! I did it becuase my brain ws being uncooperative! I am really looking forward to all the characters from the old RP (and the new ones look really interesting too).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 11:16 AM
I haven't spoken with Atropa yet on this, but yeah, Friday was just the deadline to when we would open it up to 2 characters per person. If that's the case and those of you that want more than one character are ready with your characters, the earliest I could see us starting would more than likely be late Saturday even Sunday our time (Atropa's and mine which is European) Maybe Atropa has a different idea to this but those were my thoughts. :P

Please Garnet just copy and paste! you can edit later with your disciplines etc :D

Also I wanna throw out there for anyone that would like to discuss anything with me, plot development or just wanna chat or ask questions, my AIM is devoshkas2c, feel free to add me, but if your u/n is different to here please tell me who you are in regards to here otherwise I'll deny you :P

#95 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:02 PM
Clan: Brujah

Name: Vahn Straus

Disciplines:
Potence - Level 1
Presence - Level 1

Bio: In life, Vahn was violent, brash, and cocky. He rebelled against his family, a college education, and a proper job because he didn't want to waste a single breath on mundane tasks. He wanted to live vigorously, to attain every personal desire before he inevitably met his death in 80-or-so years. He was always racing against the clock because the hours ticked away like they were mere seconds. He never thought he'd have enough time, enough fun, enough pleasure, enough of anything...

Until one night in the midst of a wild weekend in Los Angeles, that is. He befriended two males who worked at the tattoo and piercing shop where he was an apprentice; unbeknown to him, they were seasoned vampires belonging to the Brujah clan. He was embraced by the eldest one just after they locked up for the night in early 1982, somewhat against his own will. He craved the otherworldly strength but was also bound to humanity because of one single person--Ivy.

In the end, it was too late and he had chosen power over the woman who held his heart in her hand. The moment he came home to her after being turned, she rejected him and fled, leaving him without a trace. He would find her years later, engaged to another man, though they mysteriously did not live to say their vows.

Soon afterward, Vahn found a pile of ashes in one of the tattoo shop's back rooms. All that remained amongst the ashes was a shining pendant bearing the Brujah symbol, which had belonged to his sire. He tied it around his neck in remembrance and, no longer having ties to the City of Angels (he was finding that name more ironic by the day), he wandered. For 7 years he did not return, until finally something coaxed him back into the spider's web...

Links to Pictures:

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#96 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:57 PM
Great! *claps hands* Glad to have you with us, Garnet.

Alright guys, 3 more hours for apps, then we'll increase the character limit to two characters per person.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 4:01 PM
Ok 1 hour left till we open the floodgates for more than one character, hope you all have been thinking up some

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#98 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 4:31 PM
I'd like to add that I'm available on AIM as well, under the screenname DeepDarkSin. Won't be there tonight though, as I don't have AIM on my laptop, but I'll be around here, so you can still PM me if you have any questions.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 4:51 PM
Ok everyone, it's now open to adding another character......Can't wait to see what you all have cooked up!

Field Researcher
#100 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:01 PM
Default Milo Burne Nye - Fresh fish for the Malkavian clan (My 2nd app)
/// Rest in peace - Milo Burne Nye has been terminated. \\\

Clan: Malkavian

Name: Milo Burne Nye

(He's more of a "What the hell was that?!" than a regular Neonate. )

Disciplines: Auspex - Level 1 (Reveals the auras within a short distance. Lasts 20 seconds.)

Dementation - Level 1 (Hysteria.)

Obfuscate - Level 1 (Hide.)

But he has no clue what this is, or how to use them.

Bio:

As a human, Milo was quiet. But that didn't mean his mind was. The thoughts swirled around and he could enjoy his own company immensely. He tried to only talk when he had thought a bit about what to say. Sometimes other people understood, sometimes they didn't. It didn't bother him.
Milo liked to paint. Even if his paintings often were just a mix of colors and different shapes, no one was the same in his eyes. He also liked music. To Milo, music was energy. Another thing he was into, was details. Sometimes when he was reading a book, the letters symbolic nature took over and he would see them as a pattern rather than words in sentence after sentence. This was no help in school.

Milo was pretty smart though, and got bored easily with things beside himself. School was no challenge. Finding his first job was a piece of cake. Being an undead was a bit more tricky...

Although he worked with the dead, they were all very still and never talked back. Milo would listen to classical music as he cleansed the bodies, and imagine what kind of life the dead man or woman had when they were alive. Sometimes he would open their eyelids, like a curious kid, to see if the eyes really were a doorway to the soul. Or to just make sure they were dead. This was the only problem he had at work. It was an obsession of his. Like someone who looks more than twice to see if the stove is turned off, Milo checked the dead for signs of life. He didn't wish for them to be alive, his job didn't make him sad. It was just a compulsive behavior, a fear of being buried alive. And the more lifeless the body looked, the worse the behavior. His worst moment at work occured some months ago. They had to take care of a body that was real torn, and Milo was left alone for a couple of hours. He took his job very seriously, and was thorough. And remember; the details. Milo checked that body almost a hundred times. He poked the shoulder, checked under the eyelids and tickled the feets. He pinched the skin, turned the music up real loud and walked to the door to close it again and again from the outside. This, to make sure the body hadn't move the last time he looked at it. When his boss came back, Milo was exhausted.

Occasionally, Milo thought he was mad. But he never the less considered himself to live in the real world. This had never been questioned by him, until for about little over an hour ago. He walked in the morgue with his sandwich in his hand, ready to take care of the catch of the day. But he stopped a few feet from the door, as it closed behind him. He was not alone. Well, he never was in his line of work. But this time, he was not the only one standing up. And none of the other ones was his boss.
Bent over the body of a little girl in a pink princess dress with blood and tears, a young woman was standing in a cheerleader outfit. She was smiling, as she waved a plastic wand with a star over the girl, hitting her forehead as if she just cast a spell on her. Milo slowly lowered the sandwich from his mouth, but he didn't stop chewing. He tried to grasp the situation. And as if the young woman with the wand wasn't enough, further back in the room a young man was standing on a stretcher like he was using it as a surfboard. He held out his arms, bent the knees and looked like he was preparing for a big wave. All he had on was a pair of jeans with holes over the knees. The feet and the upper body was bare. Suddenly the woman reached out towards him with the wand and yelled "Kapow!". The man acted as if hit by lightning, and fell of the stretcher and hit the cold hard floor with a bang.

Milo was searching his head for an answer. He was a smart boy, he could figure this out. But nothing came to mind. He looked at the body of the little girl. The fact that the woman was having fun with her didn't amuse him. Dead people deserved respect. Or so he thought, until the little girl giggled and sat up on the stretcher. Milo dropped the sandwich on the floor, but he didn't run. Three heads turned his way. Milo still didn't run. He looked at the details. Their pale skin, something that had miraculously escaped him when he walked in. In here, pale people were the majority. He gazed into their eyes, looked at the raggedy nails on the womans hand, the scars on the mans stomach and the way the little girl was biting her lower lip at the point of bloodshed.

The next thing Milo knew, all three of them attacked him. Little did he know a Prince called Damian Alexander the third had appoved of these lunatics running loose in the morgue. They lacked finesse, but got the job done. Milos awakening wasn't pretty. It was in the dark, in the silence he thought was his companion. There was metal all around him, like in an incinerator he imagined. But no warmth. His body felt as cold as steel, just like the ones he spent his working hours with. And then, like in the center of the storm, Milos mind cleared up and he reailzed were he was. Right in the wall were he used to put the dead bodies. The silence broke, as he screamed, and tried to move. Then he could hear a sound. The giggle from the little girl, and a soft knock. This continued a bit. The scream, the giggle and the knocking. No one was letting Milo out, until he for no apparent reason tried to knock back. Then they pulled out his stretcher and all three of them was standing around him with a look on their faces as if they were going to say "Surprise!".

Surprise indeed. Milo was terrified as he learned he looked just like the lifeless bodies around him. And when he sat there on his stretcher, watching himself in the mirror as if he was getting to know himself again, the door opened and his boss walked in. The old man looked amazed, seconds before he burst into laughter. Insane laughter. And the three around Milo laughed aswell, just not as hysterical as his boss. Dazed and deaden, Milo didn't object when the little girl took his hand and they all walked towards the door. The bosses laugh echoed behind them, as they exited the morgue.

57 minutes after his embrace, Milo was still numb, trying to sort out all the impressions. He was walking the streets of L.A., among his new friends. Slowly he began to smile. Everything was starting to make perfect sense. The three around him. The world. Himself. And even the plastic wand in his hand.

Picture:

-:- More pictures of Milo -:-
[ Milo 2 ] - - - [ Milo 3 ]

Page 4 of 45