Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 3:24 AM Last edited by auntielynds : 26th Mar 2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Updated Resource
Default Autosoils: University Added.....Showtime ,Supernatural & Seasons Caw Enabled...
*****Updated: Please Re-Download*****

Autosoils: Showtime ,Supernatural, Seasons &, University Caw Enabled

The first download caused an issue with the metadata names of trees and plants, causing them to show up with numbers instead of names. Thank you to varpunen for troubleshooting the issue. Please replace these with the new version: AutoSoil ST SN Seasons.rar

Mikkita has enabled the Base Game, and WA Autosoils here:
Garden Plant Autosoil Spawners enabled for use in Create A World

This pack contains these Autosoils:

Showtime
SoilAutoPlantBanana.package

Supernatural
SoilAutoPlantGhostChili.package
SoilAutoPlantGlowOrbs.package
SoilAutoPlantMandrake.package
SoilAutoPlantMycenas.package
SoilAutoPlantPorcinis.package
SoilAutoPlantRedToadstools.package
SoilAutoPlantRedValerian.package
SoilAutoPlantSpotlightMushrooms.package
SoilAutoPlantTruffles.package
SoilAutoPlantWhiteCaps.package
SoilAutoPlantWolfsbane.package

Seasons
SoilAutoPlantPumpkin

University
I consolidated these into one .package so all 16 Autosoils are contained in the one .package.
SoilAutoPlantBlackBean
SoilAutoPlantBumbleleaf
SoilAutoPlantBuzzberry
SoilAutoPlantCinnamon
SoilAutoPlantChamomile
SoilAutoPlantElderSwan
SoilAutoPlantExpensiveBerry
SoilAutoPlantGinseng
SoilAutoPlantGreenleaf
SoilAutoPlantKonaBean
SoilAutoPlantLavender
SoilAutoPlantLicorice
SoilAutoPlantMauiBean
SoilAutoPlantPeppermint
SoilAutoPlantSweetGrass
SoilAutoPlantWonderpetal

I used Simsamples tutorial to do this;
Modding objects to show up in CAW Metadata Thank you again Simsample

Drop the folder you download & unzip into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\Packages

To set up your Caw framework, (So you have a Packages folder) look here;
Tutorial: Setting up Your Caw Framework for CC (with pictures!)

This is what they look like in the Caw metadata. Mine are mixed in with the basegame ones Mikitta enabled.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AutoSoil ST SN Seasons.rar (6.5 KB, 451 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  EP09_University AutoSoils.7z (1.5 KB, 410 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 12:49 PM
Wow, will definitely try these! Thanks auntielynds!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:28 PM
I feel a bit of an idiot for asking this.. But how do these work? You place them in CAW, but how do you get them to grow? Do you have to export the world and then grow them in the actual game, and upload a save-file with your world upload?

I've tried just growing them in EIG, for at least a sim-week but they didn't grow. Hahaha.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 10:09 AM
Hey TVR

You place them in Caw, but they won't grow until the world gets exported. They'll just be those little dirt mounds. Once the game starts, they become a plant, and start going through their growth cycle. No need for a save game. Same goes for the ones you place in EIG on lots from the buydebug menu. Also something to keep in mind is if you use the autosoil for the Death Flower, after it's been picked you just have a dead bush sitting in your world forever, so it's probably a good idea to place those on an actual lot the player can edit if they so choose.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 8:46 PM
So, this gets me to thinking. How can one upgrade the auto sprinklers to go with these and include that too in a world export. :p
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 3:24 AM
Added the Seasons Pumpkin AutoSoil.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 12:58 PM
Alchemist
#8 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 2:12 PM
I know this is a month old thread but there's something amiss with this pack. It messes up my CAW tree/plant category by replacing half of the list with numbers instead of names, even of plants that are not in this pack. I tested this several times and this set is the cause. Anyway to fix it because I would really like to have these in my CAW.

Here's a pic of what I mean... http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=496142
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 12:45 AM
Yikes!

I've been getting this too. Had no idea it was the caw enabled plants I did. I'll try and figure out why.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 7:00 AM
Fixed!

I remade them, and tested. All works fine now, I don't know how I messed them up before.

Sorry everyone.
Alchemist
#11 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 7:04 PM
No worries. Thank you for the updated version.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 2:09 AM
Can somebody please do the university ones??
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 9:05 PM Last edited by auntielynds : 26th Mar 2013 at 10:34 PM.
I meant to do those, then spaced it, lol.

I'll do them tonight.
Alchemist
#14 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 12:35 AM
I was waiting for UNI plants. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 9:49 AM
Auntielynds... you are such a superstar!!!

Bookmarked!
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 12:06 AM
These are awesome and will work well on small plots fantastically... However, for some reason I decided to plant massive fields of crops.. being that I wanted a field to look and act like a field. Took about three or four hours to plant my fields. After I exported the game it took 15 minutes to load.. and then of course the fields visually pop in and out as they are loading in game since there is no distant lod... duhhh. Just didn't occur to me during that time frame for some reason.

Anyway.. has anybody made placeable versions of the plants that can be grown? I'd still like to put plants in my fields.. however I'm kind of stuck with trees, flowers and shrubs instead of something that looks like it could harvested. I've searched buy couldn't find anything. It would be nice to be able to stick a few actual harvestable plants in with static ones. Then you'd get the fun of the visual but still be able to find a few to pick and eat.
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
*****Updated: Please Re-Download*****

Autosoils: Showtime ,Supernatural, Seasons &, University Caw Enabled

The first download caused an issue with the metadata names of trees and plants, causing them to show up with numbers instead of names. Thank you to varpunen for troubleshooting the issue. Please replace these with the new version: AutoSoil ST SN Seasons.rar

Mikkita has enabled the Base Game, and WA Autosoils here:
Garden Plant Autosoil Spawners enabled for use in Create A World

This pack contains these Autosoils:

Showtime
SoilAutoPlantBanana.package

Supernatural
SoilAutoPlantGhostChili.package
SoilAutoPlantGlowOrbs.package
SoilAutoPlantMandrake.package
SoilAutoPlantMycenas.package
SoilAutoPlantPorcinis.package
SoilAutoPlantRedToadstools.package
SoilAutoPlantRedValerian.package
SoilAutoPlantSpotlightMushrooms.package
SoilAutoPlantTruffles.package
SoilAutoPlantWhiteCaps.package
SoilAutoPlantWolfsbane.package

Seasons
SoilAutoPlantPumpkin

University
I consolidated these into one .package so all 16 Autosoils are contained in the one .package.
SoilAutoPlantBlackBean
SoilAutoPlantBumbleleaf
SoilAutoPlantBuzzberry
SoilAutoPlantCinnamon
SoilAutoPlantChamomile
SoilAutoPlantElderSwan
SoilAutoPlantExpensiveBerry
SoilAutoPlantGinseng
SoilAutoPlantGreenleaf
SoilAutoPlantKonaBean
SoilAutoPlantLavender
SoilAutoPlantLicorice
SoilAutoPlantMauiBean
SoilAutoPlantPeppermint
SoilAutoPlantSweetGrass
SoilAutoPlantWonderpetal

I used Simsamples tutorial to do this;
Modding objects to show up in CAW Metadata Thank you again Simsample

Drop the folder you download & unzip into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\Packages

To set up your Caw framework, (So you have a Packages folder) look here;
Tutorial: Setting up Your Caw Framework for CC (with pictures!)

This is what they look like in the Caw metadata. Mine are mixed in with the basegame ones Mikitta enabled.

I just want to say thankyou for your great work and to thank all the other clever modders on this site.
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lainey
I just want to say thankyou for your great work and to thank all the other clever modders on this site.
thankyou very much for your kind help.. I must of been having a bad sim day when I began reinstalling important things after reinstalling my game