Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 2:51 PM Last edited by Morrowindnostalgia : 12th Oct 2020 at 4:30 PM.
Default WCIF a mod that lets me do homework/university assignments on Community Lots?
Hey guys!

So I built lovely public library in my neighbourhood that I'd like my townies to be able to use. The only problem is, there isn't really much to do in terms of studying because you aren't allowed to do homework/assignments on community lots. Does anyone know any workaround or mods that change this?
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 9:23 PM Last edited by Simonut : 12th Oct 2020 at 9:35 PM.
I also have a public library on a community lot, I wanted the Sims to not just come and play around, but use it as a library and sit and read or act like they are studying.
I requested a mod to make the library to be use as such, Thank goodness this was done by a wonderful creator Severino his mod make the public library make more sense and be useful.

NOTE: It do not allow the Sims to do homework there, but the Sims and townies can sit and read they will do it on their own, this mod make more sense for the having a public library in your game. Check it out please read "all there" as to how and what to use. All those the bookshelfs came with the game already the different is creator Serverino mod his so they can be use only on a community lot wherein before it was not.
https://modthesims.info/d/617702/co...-bookshelf.html

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 9:46 PM
My sims do Uni assignments on community lots all the time. So either I have a mod somewhere that allows that or it's a standard function. I'll have a look through my mods and see if anything jumps out at me. Homework is another thing altogether, I'm not sure how that would even work. Even if you put it into their inventory they wouldn't have access to it on a community lot.

It has just occurred to me that you might mean you want them to do Uni assignments on community lots outside of Uni. That I've no idea if it's possible, as I've not tried it even by self-directing.
Theorist
#4 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
My sims do Uni assignments on community lots all the time. So either I have a mod somewhere that allows that or it's a standard function. I'll have a look through my mods and see if anything jumps out at me. Homework is another thing altogether, I'm not sure how that would even work. Even if you put it into their inventory they wouldn't have access to it on a community lot.

It has just occurred to me that you might mean you want them to do Uni assignments on community lots outside of Uni. That I've no idea if it's possible, as I've not tried it even by self-directing.

I believe the OP was meanin for a main or sub hood not a uni hood. Maybe someone might be able to use that code though to make a mod that allows for children and teens to do homework in a main or sub hood
Alchemist
#5 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 5:37 AM
@Morrowindnostalgia, Try using mods that enable uni in the main hood. In Squinge's Mega College Pack, there's a mod that's a part of the pack called College Interactions On Any Lot and just like the name says it allows YAs to write term papers, do research, and go to class, etc. in the main hood. I haven't tried it on community lots, but you can try it and see if your YAs that visit can do research and write papers on your library lot. (If you don't have AL, then you should use the older version of College Interactions On Any Lot and if you need older versions of the other Mega College Pack files, that's here.)

Then there's another mod, Lion's Uni-GoldRecord and Unitest at MATY. It's similar to Squinge's Mega College Pack and, once placed in a lot, allows YAs to go to class autonomously (most of the time) and have Uni visitors (professors, llamas, cow mascots, dormies, etc.). I believe it works on community lots, but I've only used it on residential lots myself. Try placing it to see if you get Uni visitors in your main hood library, and if they show up, Squinge's mod should let them do assignments. Lion's mod should enable College Research if Squinge's doesn't. Otherwise, you can use the visitor controller and other mods with summoning features (sim blender, sim manipulator, inge's teleporter, etc.) to make sure YA visitors are showing up to use the library.

Now, I'm not sure if kids and teens can bring their own homework--but there is a build/buy mode enabler by Cathair2005 for community lots that you can use to try it. (BV Version is in Post 48; use that for AL/all EPs.) I'll also recommend Kestrellyn's Ask Visitors for Homework Help so that visiting sims can ask others for help--maybe you have a librarian that works there that can help others. Anywho, you can also put out homework workbooks from Inge. That way kids visiting there can work on homework and raise their grades. If you create a workbook for sims, they'll get called to do it autonomously. FYI, the homework table/book (here) raises grades a lot more than the class work table/book (here), so I'd use it sparingly or for kids failing school. I don't think the class work table requires the classroom controller to use, but it's been a while since I've used it--I usually use the homework table.

Finally, if you do have AL & FT, in addition to Severino's Community Bookshelves, I'll also recommend Mrclopes' Read Books Autonomously, which should make reading more attractive to sims, and Gummilutt's Book Fun Changes, which makes books more fun to read.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 6:25 AM
I'm already using MATY's Lion's Uni-Gold record to make my main hood my uni hood too. It works fairly well but the interaction to do uni assignments exists only on lots with the object. I haven't tried placing it on a community lot actually.... Placing it on a home lot automatically makes teenage sims go to college, but maybe it's different on Community lots - I'll give it a try!

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Morrowindnostalgia, Try using mods that enable uni in the main hood. In Squinge's Mega College Pack, there's a mod that's a part of the pack called College Interactions On Any Lot and just like the name says it allows YAs to write term papers, do research, and go to class, etc. in the main hood. I haven't tried it on community lots, but you can try it and see if your YAs that visit can do research and write papers on your library lot. (If you don't have AL, then you should use the older version of College Interactions On Any Lot and if you need older versions of the other Mega College Pack files, that's here.)

Then there's another mod, Lion's Uni-GoldRecord and Unitest at MATY. It's similar to Squinge's Mega College Pack and, once placed in a lot, allows YAs to go to class autonomously (most of the time) and have Uni visitors (professors, llamas, cow mascots, dormies, etc.). I believe it works on community lots, but I've only used it on residential lots myself. Try placing it to see if you get Uni visitors in your main hood library, and if they show up, Squinge's mod should let them do assignments. Lion's mod should enable College Research if Squinge's doesn't. Otherwise, you can use the visitor controller and other mods with summoning features (sim blender, sim manipulator, inge's teleporter, etc.) to make sure YA visitors are showing up to use the library.

I actually do have the Homework workbooks/table on simlogical, didn't occur to me to use it on community lots. I'll give those other mods a look at at well, thanks for the recommendations!!

Now, I'm not sure if kids and teens can bring their own homework--but there is a build/buy mode enabler by Cathair2005 for community lots that you can use to try it. (BV Version is in Post 48; use that for AL/all EPs.) I'll also recommend Kestrellyn's Ask Visitors for Homework Help so that visiting sims can ask others for help--maybe you have a librarian that works there that can help others. Anywho, you can also put out homework workbooks from Inge. That way kids visiting there can work on homework and raise their grades. If you create a workbook for sims, they'll get called to do it autonomously. FYI, the homework table/book (here) raises grades a lot more than the class work table/book (here), so I'd use it sparingly or for kids failing school. I don't think the class work table requires the classroom controller to use, but it's been a while since I've used it--I usually use the homework table.

Finally, if you do have AL & FT, in addition to Severino's Community Bookshelves, I'll also recommend Mrclopes' Read Books Autonomously, which should make reading more attractive to sims, and Gummilutt's Book Fun Changes, which makes books more fun to read.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 12:24 PM
You can use the Gold record and Squidge's college mod together.
I am going to make a guess at a solution since this is what I would try.
Place the homework down where the sim is living and move it into their inventory.
Go to a community lot and use a build and buy enabler mod to let the sim access their inventory. The homework is already made so there shouldn't be any issues placeing it.
Then try and do homework.
I use a B&B for many situations https://modthesims.info/d/204467/bu...r-for-pets.html (find the updated file in the comments) So far the only thing i havn't been able to do is have a sim grow up using cake.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 4:27 PM
OK so I found a workaround. It's not perfect but it at least allows my library to be used as a proper library :D

So @Phantomknight and @joandsarah77 both suggested using a Buy/Build mode enabler on community lots for homework. Unfortunately this doesn't work since I found out you can't put homework in your inventory - you can move it in buy mode, but can't place it in an inventory. I did an easy workaround and just used the homework table I already have installed. Enter the library, select the table and create homework, and voila. But as pointed out, your grades improve VERY fast with this method so best to not use it daily.

As for university students.... Lion's Uni-Gold record works great. It allows college students to perform assignments and write their term papers and doesn't immediately transform visiting teenagers into college-aged university students like I feared.

The downside: community lots with this item on it are not compatible with the Community Time Project mod, so my teenage school kids can no longer hang out with friends in the library and come back home in time for dinner BUT I guess that's a small sacrifice :D

@Simonut: the bookshelf mod works perfectly the way it should, which is awesome. It isn't updated to include the latest bookshelves (Dahlen Library for example) and it seems to be incompatible with FT/AL but since I have the Super Collection anyway, it doesn't really affect me...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 11:23 PM
That's odd because I seem to recall placing uni assignments into inventory. It's been ages though so maybe I just dreamed it lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~