Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 1:27 PM
Default Layering CAS items
Hi! I was wondering if there's a mod that I could use for layings CAS items (Like multiple per location)
For example if I have downloaded contacts and countouring and they are both categorized in facepaint, I can only use one.
For sims 3 we had master controller that allowed that but I would really love something like that for sims 4.
I know a while ago no one was working on anything like this, but maybe by now someonw might have done it.

I am not looking for recategorizing by sims 4 studio unfortunately, sorry!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 7:48 PM
Sims 4 Studio is your only option
there are no mods for it otherwise.
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 9:43 PM
Yeah, we just don't have this capability right now. That's why it's so common for creators to have multiple versions of the same skin detail, etc., in different categories, so that they will layer in a variety of different ways; that's the workaround we have available right now, along with manually changing the category, or creating such a duplicate version, of CC in your own game if you end up with two items you want to layer and neither one already has another version in a different category that you're not already using.

If someone had figured it out yet, the news would have spread and people would have started making layerable versions of CC that previously required 7 different files to appear in a variety of categories.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 11:56 PM
Alright that's unfortunate. Thanks anyway!
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 2:33 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 25th Oct 2020 at 2:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DemigodXx
Hi! I was wondering if there's a mod that I could use for layings CAS items (Like multiple per location)
For example if I have downloaded contacts and countouring and they are both categorized in facepaint, I can only use one.
For sims 3 we had master controller that allowed that but I would really love something like that for sims 4.
I know a while ago no one was working on anything like this, but maybe by now someonw might have done it.

I am not looking for recategorizing by sims 4 studio unfortunately, sorry!

I was watching a youtuber last week and they had a mod that they were talking about that layered all CAS cc. It was a video i think entitled "Best CC or Mods for 2020" If i find the link i will come back and paste it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fR_qymwWTk&t=714s

At about the 1 min 40 second mark she starts talking about CC layering. She then mentions a mod that sorts categories that allows her to layer cc. I was on a mission to find something else so this video didn't help me but hey if you listen further she may explain it in more detail.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
I was watching a youtuber last week and they had a mod that they were talking about that layered all CAS cc. It was a video i think entitled "Best CC or Mods for 2020" If i find the link i will come back and paste it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fR_qymwWTk&t=714s

At about the 1 min 40 second mark she starts talking about CC layering. She then mentions a mod that sorts categories that allows her to layer cc. I was on a mission to find something else so this video didn't help me but hey if you listen further she may explain it in more detail.

Oh that's great, I will check that out! Thank you so much
Instructor
#7 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 4:50 PM
I have that in my game. It does not make anything layerable that isn't already layerable, or otherwise allow anyone to do anything that they wouldn't have been able to do without it. However, it is VERY useful.

Sparrow's Tidy Details (and Tidy Tattoos, Accessories, etc.) isn't a mod in the sense of changing anything about how the game works. What Tidy Details IS is a set of skin details, one for each skin detail slot, that have no visual effect on your Sims, but which a) have custom thumbnails with the name of the slot in nice big letters, and b) have been tweaked to show up at the beginning of each slot. So, even though EA only gives one category for ALL skin details and no visual distinction between them (which makes sense, because it's not difficult to differentiate between the EA stuff), adding Tidy Details will give you markers for where the content from one slot ends and the next one begins. This makes it MUCH easier to tell whether your existing CC will work together, since you can only have one item in each slot. But it can't make two items that use the same slot work together; you still have to move one of them to a different slot or clone one of them and put the clone in a different slot.

(And when it comes to face paints, that IS the slot; there are no divisions within it. EA put all skin details in one part of the menu, even though skin details have lots of slots, because the total number of skin details is small enough that it's not that hard to tell what's what or what will and won't work together, and the total number of slots is big enough to be a pain to make a menu for. Makeup, on the other hand, has a much smaller number of slots, so it's divided by slot in the menu.)

By the way, OP, you mentioned contacts in your initial post. If you're using eyes categorized as face paint *as literal colored contact lenses* in your game, and your Sims "take them out at night", switch up colors for fun, etc., then having them categorized as face paint makes sense -- like makeup, they are something to put on and take off. But if you're using them as your Sims' actual eyes, they're better recategorized to skin details or converted to real eye colors anyway, so that they behave like a permanent part of your Sim's appearance -- you'd only need to apply them to your Sim once, they'd be guaranteed to always stay on, and you could use the face paint slot for something else that you want to behave like makeup.