Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 1:22 PM
Default WCIF SrslySims Simulation Lag Fix for PC 1.65
I'm still waiting for a sims4studio batch fix for cc windows and doors so I'm refusing to patch my game beyond 1.65.
I would really like to try out this mod though, to see what it can do for me, so I wonder if anyone out there has this version of it?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 2:55 AM
I never used this mod or anything similar to it myself, but from what I know those kind of mods can only worsen the problem instead of solving it.
therefore I'm here to suggest other methods to reduce lag.

- delete the Localthumbcache file (located in your The Sims 4 folder) before every time you open the game
- move screenshots, video recordings and save points (inside the Saves folder anything with .ver_ at the end of it) to a folder outside of The Sims 4 folder before every time you open the game
- via Game Options > Other, click on Show Custom Content and remove the check mark from Show At Startup

mods and cc can also cause lag.
- if you're using alpha cc (the realistic type) it is usually very high poly, and can cause lots of lag if your computer can't handle it
the easiest way to get rid of heavy cc is to go into the cc folder, sort by size, and open the heaviest files with Sims4Studio, then see if you must have it or not.
- cc items with more than 30 swatches can also cause lag. you can open those with S4S, reduce the amount of swatches and save.

last but not least, keep your Mods folder clean (no text files, no zip files, no images. just the files of the actual mods - Package and Ts4script, with some very few exceptions like MCCC cfg files and such)
and keep it organized so it's easier to maintain and make sure everything is up to date after patches.

hopefully it helps.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 5:50 PM
No it doesn't, since all the things you suggest are already used by me or not an issue because I don't use said cc etc.
I'm not new to modding a Sims game.

I'm looking for this mod because simulation lag is a fact, and I want to try a mod that a lot of people uses and knows helps with it.
Inventor
#4 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 8:20 PM
Well, I don't know about older version of srslysims simulation lag fix mod, but I can recommend you alternative mod to this - quicker autonomy & simulation lag improvements by coolspear1, which you can download here. (warning: you need to create an account and be logged in on this site to access mods). This mod should be working fine with any version of the game above 1.63 and in my opinion - is so much better than other simulation lag fixes (which in my case were causing sims to freeze for few hours when told to wash dishes)
There are few Time Speed versions and you can use only one.
You can find better description of this mod here so make sure to read it too. And remember to install this mod in Overrides subfolder, than just straightforward in Mods.
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Well, I don't know about older version of srslysims simulation lag fix mod, but I can recommend you alternative mod to this - quicker autonomy & simulation lag improvements by coolspear1, which you can download here. (warning: you need to create an account and be logged in on this site to access mods). This mod should be working fine with any version of the game above 1.63 and in my opinion - is so much better than other simulation lag fixes (which in my case were causing sims to freeze for few hours when told to wash dishes)
There are few Time Speed versions and you can use only one.
You can find better description of this mod here so make sure to read it too. And remember to install this mod in Overrides subfolder, than just straightforward in Mods.

CoolSpear1 has retired so all his mods are out of date.... Use at own discretion as they could mess up the game.
Inventor
#6 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
CoolSpear1 has retired so all his mods are out of date.... Use at own discretion as they could mess up the game.

I'm using this mod with patch 1.67 and I have no issues.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 12:50 PM
@Anhaeyn: Thanks for the suggestion!
I'll check it out, might at least be something to use until I dare to update my game.
Smeg Head
#8 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
I'm using this mod with patch 1.67 and I have no issues.

Just the other day I installed a 1.67 version of TS4 on my older computer. Not to play it, as it has zero mods and CC. But just so I can extract the game files to see what changes Maxis have done to things, and also take a look at the new things the give us all in patches. Ladders, Personal Inventory changes, that kind of thing.

So you'll be pleased to know Maxis have made no changes to the three XMLs the Simulation Lag mod uses. It's still good as is. Maxis very rarely touch those files. One of them had a minor change about three years ago. And that's all they've done to them in six years. So I should imagine that mod will remain safe until Maxis decide to do a major overhaul to the simulation process itself and finally fix what we've all been reporting and complaining about for years. I would not hold my breath waiting on that if I were you. A big job, and if they were going to get off their butts and do a job of that size, it may as well be invested in making TS5, rather than messing around with ye olde TS4. They did not do such grand gestures for the troubled TS3 and its fans as that struggling game came to a close, and I cannot see them doing it for TS4. With each iteration I think they work on the philosophy that "less is more." So by TS4's time in office, it is Much Less is Much More. They've certainly done their damnedest to prove the first half of that right. As TS4 is by all accounts Much Less. The Much More part is relative to how long they intend to drag it out.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots