Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 5:42 PM
Default WCIF: Double bed which takes up less space?
I play in a lot of small houses and apartments, and sometimes fitting in a double bed is difficult. Currently I have 2 roomies living together whom I somewhat mistakengly placed in a 1 bedroom apartment, so I settled for giving them 2 single beds. The problem is that now they don't really have anywhere to woohoo.. It's a bit frustrating that my only option is odd public woohoo locations.

I downloaded a sofa bed, and it works pretty good all things considered, but it still looks really bad and out of place unfolded, like it ends up cutting into the TV lol and it frustrates me. I was wondering if there is any CC out there of double beds which are just a bit smaller?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 11:59 PM
I have that, it's not that they can't use them, I just feel that it looks really stupid when the bed takes up so much space that it clips with the surrounding objects... I've seen sized down beds for children such as this: https://modthesims.info/d/312770/up...that-works.html so I was just wondering if this has ever been done with adult double beds.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 2:48 AM
There is one functional sofa bed download here and I've gotten another from a tumbler.One of them is found HERE and it's one of the ones I have in my game for sims living in small spaces.
Theorist
#5 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 12:36 PM
Maybe this OMSP by Honeywell could do the trick.
Alchemist
#6 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 4:47 AM
@CosmicEcho, if you have MG, you can place the beds off the grid with the quarter tile cheat. (If you don't have it in there already, you can add the quarter tile cheat to your userstartup.cheat file. Put "boolProp quarterTilePlacementEnabled true" in your user startup, and it keeps the quarter tile cheat on all the time (unlike setQuarterTilePlacement on, which usually breaks your userstartup cheat file and causes whatever's written after it to stop working). Once on, you can activate it with Ctrl + F.

Here, I'll attach an example of a bed placed off the grid that I used in an apartment. It's a really handy cheat and lets you play around with furniture placement--very useful for apartments.
Screenshots

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@CosmicEcho, if you have MG, you can place the beds off the grid with the quarter tile cheat. (If you don't have it in there already, you can add the quarter tile cheat to your userstartup.cheat file. Put "boolProp quarterTilePlacementEnabled true" in your user startup, and it keeps the quarter tile cheat on all the time (unlike setQuarterTilePlacement on, which usually breaks your userstartup cheat file and causes whatever's written after it to stop working). Once on, you can activate it with Ctrl + F.

Here, I'll attach an example of a bed placed off the grid that I used in an apartment. It's a really handy cheat and lets you play around with furniture placement--very useful for apartments.

And they can still get into it?
Alchemist
#8 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 5:18 PM
@Charity, I don't think I had any problems, but I could have a mod. Let me test it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 5:42 PM
There's been one other upload on this site for a functional sofa bed and it also has an option to download the matching chairbed with it and I also use that for wealthier sims living in small spaces like young professionals living in apartments or small homes downtown.
@CosmicEcho -I would strongly advise downloading the functional sofa and chairbeds like I use in my game since both sets would solve your issue with bed that can be opened or closed and when they're closed the bed functions like a living room chair or loveseat by day and gets opened up and turns into a bed by night.My Jankowsys in my Dodge BACC game are using the cheaper sofabed in their homestead home as they've got no room for a real bed so their bed is a loveseat in the day and a bed at night.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
There's been one other upload on this site for a functional sofa bed and it also has an option to download the matching chairbed with it and I also use that for wealthier sims living in small spaces like young professionals living in apartments or small homes downtown.
@CosmicEcho -I would strongly advise downloading the functional sofa and chairbeds like I use in my game since both sets would solve your issue with bed that can be opened or closed and when they're closed the bed functions like a living room chair or loveseat by day and gets opened up and turns into a bed by night.My Jankowsys in my Dodge BACC game are using the cheaper sofabed in their homestead home as they've got no room for a real bed so their bed is a loveseat in the day and a bed at night.

Thank you, I appreciate it, but I was mostly looking to see if there was actually smaller meshes for the double bed itself out there. I have several sofa beds, and they work great, but when you unfold them sometimes they look really silly, clipping into objects and stuff if the room is small enough. I guess there doesn't seem to be any reduced double bed meshes, which is a shame but it's not the end of the world. ^^
Mad Poster
#11 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 6:14 AM
That's why I went for the sofa bed in the first place as I play UC and do have small apartments which don't always have room for a bedroom much less a seperate bed so they just buy a sofa bed and can use it twice over.I don't care if they look awkward in small spaces as long as the sims can fit a bed and sofa in their home.They work well for sims building homes on their homesteads as they don't usually get to build a very big home before winter arrives in their first year on their homestead.It's like that in my BACC so far as the town is very new and most residents will be coming to farm land on their own homestead from the Homesteader's Land Act in the 1840's and that was in place until into the earlier part of the 20th century.That's one of the reasons why I installed functional sofa beds and chair beds is because they allow sims to live in smaller spaces on larger lots.