Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stonehenge - *NEW Neighborhood Objects!*

by Numenor Posted 17th Oct 2005 at 10:02 AM - Updated 5th Feb 2006 at 2:15 AM by Numenor

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 125 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Instructor
#76 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 3:07 AM
from what i can see it is fantastic, but the problemo is: my monitor (for this computer) sucks so much its painful. its so dark i cant even see the second picture. any chance of showing a daytime one?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 8:03 AM
It's a nighttime shot, because it's creepy, at night; a daytime shot would be not that interesting.
Here is an edited version of the night shot, so you can guess what it represents.
Screenshots

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
#78 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 12:41 PM
I haven't even downloaded it yet and I'm alreay blown away. This object makes me want to create a whole new neighborhood! Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 6:25 PM
This is exellent! OMG! Download I must. :bow:

Stay frosty, Squeaks.
Test Subject
#80 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 6:33 PM
im so excited!!!!!
Test Subject
#81 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 10:02 PM
Wow, that's amazing! Thank you very much!

Quote:
and Micheal Jackson? Hell, I'm not even going to go down that road...
Scholar
#82 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 2:22 AM
You are awesome!! Thank you Numenor!
Field Researcher
#83 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 5:08 PM
Wonderful! Just have to download this item. Thank you for all you do Numenor.
Instructor
#84 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 5:17 PM
i have an idea for another on this theme: silbury hill
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/moon...e_silbury.shtml

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Test Subject
#85 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 11:29 PM
This has got to be one of the coolest objects created to date!
I wish I had this kind of talent.
You rock dude!

Read the Sims Weekly World News. http://swwn.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#86 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 7:19 AM
Numenor, I've been tinkering with this thing for the better part of a week. It works extremely well. The only problem I had with it is that you have to be careful of the mailbox on the lot you may set this thing on. If the mailbox is covered by one of the dolmens, the game crashes. If you keep the mailbox clear, it rocks. I put one on a giant lot and added some of the flame-things Nightlife has in the middle, then put in some Sims there-I actually got over thirty on the lot-and the effect was awesome. No, I don't think ancient Celts did the smustle, but the effect looked great, and the game ran fine, once I got the mailbox clear. Thanks a bunch, and keep on simmin'!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 8:00 AM
Thanks for alerting us about the mailbox. Actually, it doesn't surprise me: the mailbox, beside its normal functions, is an important hidden portal for the mailman and the family living in the lot. There are other hidden portals, at the both ends of the street (for cars) and the pavement (for pietons): I suggest to keep clear these spots, too.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#88 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 3:01 PM
Yay! Very Nice! Thanks. :salute: *download*
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 3:45 AM
Oh. My. Goddess. You are soooooo awesome!!!!! :jaw: Words cannot express my gratitude... oh, wait, they can. THANK YOU!!! :bow:

Blessed Be!
Merry Meet,
and Merry Part,
and Merry Meet again!

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Test Subject
#90 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 2:33 PM
Wow Amazing How Do You Do It?!

(())
//\\

)♥(¯` ρυт тнιѕ яιввσи σи уσυя ѕιgитυяє тσ ѕнσω уσυя ѕυρρσят ´¯)♥( тнαикѕ

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨) < ѕραякℓу
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ *
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 2:43 PM
The method is the very same that we currently use for the fences: Quaxi posted a tutorial HERE

Lab Assistant
#92 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 1:52 PM
coolcoolcool

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")This is bunny, copy and paste into tor signature.
Inventor
#93 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 7:59 AM
Thank you Numenor! I like this alot!

Thanks also Boblishman for the Ruined version

You guys did a fantastic job!
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 8:30 PM
Fantastic, beautiful - thank you.

Scientists say 1 out of every 4 people is crazy. Check 3 friends - if they are okay, you're it!
Test Subject
#95 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 2:52 AM
this is wonderful..... downloading now!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Field Researcher
#96 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 2:29 AM
AH! I want to visit Stone Henge sooooooooo badly. THIS IS AWESOME. THANK YOU! Big fat wet kisses! Lol.

Ginny

I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons. I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason.
Test Subject
#97 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 6:02 PM
I dowloaded this long ago.. one of the first MTS2 Items I ever downloaded, before I noticed the 'thanks' link... I saw it again today and added a much overdue 'THANKS'..
It shows up great in the game. I just wish I could get the maxis rainbow object to end in it!! LOL

"Born to WooHoo" T-shirts and items.
My other designs. Feel free to request new ones!
Alchemist
#98 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Wes_h should definitely credited as the creator of the first new neighborhood object. But it was, more or less, just an experiment: the Leaning Tower only works with an EP (though he says nothing about that), and even in an EP game, it has no catalog icon (see attachment).

Thank you for the credit.
I didn't realize it required an EP to function.
I am a poor artist... the leaning tower model is not very good when viewed closely. I just enjoy finding new things out.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 9:20 AM
You definitely deserve them, and this is the least of the things you deserve credits (and thanks!) for
Sometimes (let's say, very often) I better understand things if I "explore" by myself, without relying on other modder's work. It's not the first time (at it will not be the last, I guess) that my studies bring more or less to the same results as other people's ones before me; but this is a good thing after all, in my opinion: confronting two "autonomous" results may lead to understand something new (like why some objects are EP-only and other work with every game).

#100 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:52 PM
Nice work!

Though being an archaeology student (and a picky one at that) I've got to mention that its first phase of construction began about 5,000 years ago, and it took about 3,000 years for people to stop adding to it. so... 'how it looked a few millennia ago' night be more accurate.

Anyway... thanks!
Page 4 of 6