Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 2:42 PM
Default Any way to get rid of imaginary friends turned real?
Hi all,

So I had a pair of toddlers and one of them formed a bond with his imaginary friend. Innocently enough, I let him bring the doll to life as a child but I did not make the doll "real" as a part of the household as his house was already full. When he aged into a teenager, there was a glitch that got the imaginary friend's birthday stuck in everyone's queues.

I reloaded an old save and put the doll in his inventory as he aged up and hurrah, no more glitch. However I was fed up of the doll and with him as a teen I decided it was time for him to move on.

This is where my woe began because DAILY the game would notify me that he was losing relationship with the doll and should play with him more. I ignored this. This sim is now a young adult (he's a vampire by generics so he's been in this stage for a while), an international super spy, married to a beautiful woman and has twin girls of his own who are late in their teen stage, meaning grandkids may not be far around the corner. Yet the game doesn't care and still tells me to make me play with the doll in an attempt to make me feel guilty. His relationship with the doll is faaar into the red.

I've had enough! Is there a mod or cheat to delete their relationship to stop the daily reminders for Tristan to "play with him more." I know the doll itself can be deleted via testing cheats and "delete it" but because the doll has a sim linked to it, it's not as simple as that.

Any help is appreciated!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 3:08 PM
Personally I'd look for that sims in their acquaintance list and work from there. At least with NRaas Relationship Panel you can do a lot of interactions by clicking on the portrait there. One of the interactions being NRaas.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?

You can do a lot of harm to someone by invoking the power of Grey... err... NRaas on them from there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 3:24 PM Last edited by DarkStars2 : 2nd Aug 2016 at 3:25 PM. Reason: Fixing typo
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Personally I'd look for that sims in their acquaintance list and work from there. At least with NRaas Relationship Panel you can do a lot of interactions by clicking on the portrait there. One of the interactions being NRaas.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?

You can do a lot of harm to someone by invoking the power of Grey... err... NRaas on them from there.

The sim linked to the doll is in his relationships, the bar is completely red and is listed as "disliked"

The doll isn't his nemesis though as he didn't declare this, he just hasn't interacted with it since he was a child.

With Nraas, would I be able to delete the doll's sim?
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkStars2
The sim linked to the doll is in his relationships, the bar is completely red and is listed as "disliked"

The doll isn't his nemesis though as he didn't declare this, he just hasn't interacted with it since he was a child.

With Nraas, would I be able to delete the doll's sim?

Nraas's master controller will allow you to set the relationship between the sim and imaginary friend to "stranger" and from there you should be able to shift+click and delete the imaginary friend with no worries