Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 1:27 AM
Default I'm receiving a message about a non-functional gondola while playing Bridgeport.
The message reads:

"In order to use the gondola, you must place it on a canal entrance section on a valid canal track."

I don't remember Bridgeport having a gondola—but I haven't played it since 2010, and I was more interested in laundry at the time.
Does anyone know where and how to get this gondola functional, or how to remove it if—god forbid—it's in a sims' inventory or somewhere else equally baffling?

I'm using EllaCharmed's fixed Bridgeport.world and yes, I have the store items.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 4:42 AM
That looks like the message is directed towards your actively played sim, but it really isn't unless you went to Build/Buy and tried to purchase a gondola without setting up a very complicated canal track for it to run on first. Inactive sims see gondolas, roller coaster cars, and I think tractors as vehicles and will sometime be pushed to purchase them, but they can't be used with nowhere proper to place them and this error message gets displayed instead. It's harmless. The NRaas StoryProgression Money module can be used to disallow vehicular purchases that don't make sense like that, but if you aren't already engaged with or interested in NRaas SP that's a honking huge mod just to get the benefit of preventing the annoying purchase blocked announcements that have nothing to do with your sims from showing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That looks like the message is directed towards your actively played sim, but it really isn't unless you went to Build/Buy and tried to purchase a gondola without setting up a very complicated canal track for it to run on first. Inactive sims see gondolas, roller coaster cars, and I think tractors as vehicles and will sometime be pushed to purchase them, but they can't be used with nowhere proper to place them and this error message gets displayed instead. It's harmless. The NRaas StoryProgression Money module can be used to disallow vehicular purchases that don't make sense like that, but if you aren't already engaged with or interested in NRaas SP that's a honking huge mod just to get the benefit of preventing the annoying purchase blocked announcements that have nothing to do with your sims from showing.

Hi Igazor, thank you for the answer. I used SP Money to forbid them from buying anything but bicycles in this save, but I don't see the gondola, roller coasters or tractors in the toggle list. SP is, indeed, a honking huge mod.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 4:55 AM
i get that message on newly started games sometimes, and the one about the tractor also. I just always thought it was the game being wonky.