Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 3:20 AM Last edited by lukeduncan14 : 19th Jul 2021 at 4:15 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Maternity Clothing Not Revealing Bump
Hello everyone, I feel that the solution to this problem is one that is simple yet impossible for me, as I have tried to remove the custom content which I believe is the culprit of these maternity clothes that don't show a bump. As I have implied, I believe that the circumstance in which the clothes my pregnant sims change into don't have a bump is caused by some custom content which I have downloaded, though I can not pinpoint which ones, or even where to begin. Obviously, the maternity clothes are ones that I must have downloaded somewhere and are now being used by my female sims, though they lack a bump which, to me, breaks immersion. I am all for new maternity clothes, but am not satisfied with these which do not show a bump. I am hoping that I could receive advice on how to somehow view this maternity wear in game, then recording its name so I can find the files which I need to remove to revert to maternity clothes with a proper mesh demonstrating the various states of pregnancy experienced by my sims. Thanks in advance for anyone who responds!
Edit: it looks like the clothes my sim changed into on becoming pregnant was an outfit that came with the Late Night expansion, so now I am assuming that I didn’t just download custom content without the correct mesh. I am also assuming that I have another mod which enables that outfit to be used as pregnancy, though it apparently disregards the fact of there being no pregnant mesh. Anyways, if you are willing to help, I can show the mods I have downloaded or anything of that nature.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 7:59 PM
Okay, updated question thanks to the user above; how do I declassify certain clothing as maternity wear? Unfortunately, I run an Origin-based Sims 3 game, so I am not able to use the CASP Editor, so I am unsure on what to do besides noting them through the NRAAS Dresser mod. Is there a way I can declassify all maternity clothing then manually set which clothes are maternity for simplicity's sake? Thanks again for a response, I hope I can solve this problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Why? I'm not sure I understand. CASP editor should read your installed EP through your registry.

Either way, what you can do is copy whatever fullbuild.package into your dccache folder and run CASP editor. After you have made the changes, you can then remove those files from the dccache. What CASP editor does is it creates a new CASP file for each item you modify and put that file in your mods folder.

If it is the dccache folder it can't read b/c Origin/Steam creates a user folder in a different area, then simply create a junction link in "c:\users\NAME\documents\Electronic Arts\" called "The Sims 3" and link it to your destination folder with the actual user folder.

Tutorial: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=548125

The problem I'm encountering with the CASP editor is that it simply won't open, which I assumed was because some of my expansions were bought on Origin, but am now thinking differently since the game is installed in my documents folder and the (apparently) data is in my program files. Do you have any idea about why it won't open?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 1:00 AM
That is correct, EasyCASP Editor is a game utility that will not function on Patch 1.69/Origin installs nor 1.67/Steam installs. It is unable to find and work with the TS3 executable and other files it requires in those cases and can only function on 1.67/Retail Disc installs on Windows that are not managed by Origin. I'm on a Steam install myself, have been for years now, and still miss this tool.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 4:43 AM
I believe it would take .NET programming skills and the source code, which we wouldn't have, to fix this which is why no one has been able to up through now. But I would be as thrilled as anyone else to be proven wrong here.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 8:13 AM Last edited by igazor : 23rd Jul 2021 at 8:45 AM.
I'm willing to try this when I have some time this weekend, but I don't get it. I'm supposed to add Registry entries to point to a directory that doesn't exist? I don't have an Electronic Arts folder in Program Files (x86) as that is not where my game is installed. I'm afraid that bogus additional Registry entries like that would make my game fail to start intermittently.

Or am I missing some steps, such as that directory must be created AND junction links need to be provided to where the Steam installation really puts the executables?