Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 4:41 AM Last edited by zaide_chris : 23rd Nov 2011 at 8:45 AM.
Default Batch file to easily open EIG
This now works in 32bit and 64bit

I made this as a time saver as SimAd's fix here needs to be edited for each world you want to start in EIG. I also made it detect The Sims 3 install location. So it doesn't need to be edited at all. Just drop a world file on EIG.bat and it will start Sims 3 in EIG mode with the world you dropped on it.

EIG.bat is attached in a zip file or you can copy the below text to notepad and save it as EIG.bat. No editing needed.

When using this it is best to have CAW closed else the file locks can lead to unfix-able files and-or cryptic error msgs

@echo off
color 0A
title ZaideChris's EIG Starter
for /f "tokens=3* delims= " %%A IN ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3" /v "Install Dir"') do set Sims3Path=%%B
if "%Sims3Path%"=="" for /f "tokens=3* delims= " %%A IN ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3" /v "Install Dir"') do set Sims3Path=%%B
cls
echo Detected The Sims 3 install at %Sims3Path%
if not [%1]==[] (
echo Opening %1 in EIG
"%Sims3Path%\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe" -nosound -worldFile:%1 -editInGameMode:true -disableDumpCopy -speed:0 -noObjMgrsFile:
) else (
echo Drop the world you want to open on this file or pass it as the frist parameter.
)
echo Press any key to exit
pause>nul
Attached files:
File Type: zip  EIG.zip (517 Bytes, 1602 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Supports 32bit and 64bit windows vista and 7
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 6:17 AM
Great idea, very useful!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 1:46 AM
How did I miss this little gem?

Wonderful zaide_chris, Thank you for sharing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 2:39 AM
There was an error that caused it to not work for some times on 32bit when there where spaces in the path to the Sims 3 install it is now fixed
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 3:34 PM
Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 7:58 PM
Hi, I'm new here because my EIG wasn't working, thanks to this little fix I got the EIG working ok, but now I can't open my world in CAW anymore..........

Any idea how I canfix it? CAW tells me that it's "unable to load file"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 12:11 AM
elvgrengirl: What version is your CAW, your Game, Your EP's?
Did you use any CC when you loaded the world in EIG?
Do you have the last EP?

Any Mod: Could you please move this thread to CAW Resources?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elvgrengirl
Hi, I'm new here because my EIG wasn't working, thanks to this little fix I got the EIG working ok, but now I can't open my world in CAW anymore..........

Any idea how I canfix it? CAW tells me that it's "unable to load file"

I was having the same problems because my versions were mismatched I fixed it with info from this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450303 and now it all works
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 7:41 PM Last edited by elvgrengirl : 6th Sep 2011 at 8:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by zaide_chris
elvgrengirl: What version is your CAW, your Game, Your EP's?
Did you use any CC when you loaded the world in EIG?
Do you have the last EP?

Any Mod: Could you please move this thread to CAW Resources?

Hi my game is version 6.5.1.012031
CAW is version 0.2.0.152 (is this right?! I downloaded CAw from sims 3 website in late June, when I go to Version in the about section of my CAW this is what it tells me )

I have World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night, don't have Generations (and no intentions to get it) never use CC.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
I was having the same problems because my versions were mismatched I fixed it with info from this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450303 and now it all works

Hmmm, I can't find my CAW version on that list....I've only started with this whole CAW thing and I already hate it because it won't work right for me....not that good with patching just yet 'cos the EIG fix is really the only mod I have used so far.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elvgrengirl
Hi my game is version 6.5.1.012031
CAW is version 0.2.0.152 (is this right?! I downloaded CAw from sims 3 website in late June, when I go to Version in the about section of my CAW this is what it tells me )

I have World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night, don't have Generations (and no intentions to get it) never use CC.

6.5.1.012031 is the version of your Late Night. The version of your base game is much more important. It should show if you hover over the first icon in the bottom left of the launcher.

For the CAW version the only way I know of to get the one that we go by is look inside Default.ini that's in side your CAW install folder after a line with "[Version]" there should a line like "GameVersion = 1.11.12.012037". That is the version we go by. To find the CAW install folder right click the icon you use to open CAW then click "properties" finally click "Open File Location".

LadyAngua is right about your game and CAW versions not matching and in this case it is most likely your game version is too new for your CAW version.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 3:41 PM
elvgrengirl, please post any further problems in this thread after trying all of the suggestions:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595

That way we can keep this thread for discussion of zaide_chris' batch file.
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 12:59 AM
do I have to drop the world? whenever I drop the world, it closes. then I load it on CAW and the same problem repeats
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 10:11 PM
danilosim, do you mean that dragging and dropping the file onto this batch file does not open it in EIG? Perhaps you can give more detail as to what exactly you are doing?
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 11:43 AM
yes yes. whenever i drop a world into the eig file, it closes and then when i open it to caw and click edit in game, the same problem happens.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 5:28 PM
danilosim, you posted in the CAW problem thread and I gave you some suggestions:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=441595&page=2
Please try the suggestions and check your game versions and default ini files. If you have a problem that prevents EIG from opening then this batch file will not help you.
Please reply in the above linked thread if you have any problems, so that this thread is kept exclusively for issues relating to Zaide_Chris' file.
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 2:50 AM
Ahhhh!
I have all the expansions including pets and I have changed the codes and stuff so that CAW works with them. But when I did the EID I would make a lot, save it, it would save fine, exit, then CAW would crash. Then, when I would try to open the world in CAW again, it wouldn't work, it said it couldn't open the file. So I downloaded your thing, made a lot, saved it. Now NONE of my CAW worlds will work, including all of my backups
Please help. I've spent hours on this stupid thing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 8:48 AM Last edited by zaide_chris : 23rd Nov 2011 at 8:58 AM.
jennypoo:
Are you fully patched and are you running the newest CAW?
Your game being newer then your CAW can handle can result in your current problem.

Also you should read: CAW not running? CAW running slowly?
Then if you sill have problems please post there as this looks like a CAW issue.
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 3:49 PM
Thank you so much for this!! It's a good thing I really like my world, or else I wouldn't give CAW the time of day because of all the trouble it's given me. I've been searching for something that would allow me to edit my current game in world without having to resort to using backups that actually worked but didn't have my current changes and I found it! So thank you very much for all your hard work and for sharing it. I really appreciate it. :D
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 2:53 PM
Default EIG.bat opens launcher
Latest patches for both game and CAW, LN and Seasons installed..
the EIG.bat opens my Launcher and doesn't initiate EIG mode.
Back to troubleshooting
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th May 2013 at 6:25 PM
CAW still opens launcher
Quote: Originally posted by leahkorea
Latest patches for both game and CAW, LN and Seasons installed..
the EIG.bat opens my Launcher and doesn't initiate EIG mode.
Back to troubleshooting

Same, EA is starting to piss me off.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 3:49 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for this! I've been using it for ages with no problems. Was there ever any equivalent to this for opening save games to bypass the "choose a save" menu? Assuming it's even possible. I'd love to be able to tell the game what save to open and just leave for 10 minutes instead of the extra step in the middle.

Anyway, thanks!
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 6:17 PM
It doesn't work for me, if i drop the file on the EIG.bat it opens the game launcher. That also happens when i click on the EIG button in CAW
Forum Resident
#24 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 9:54 PM
I think we've figured out why some people are still having this issue. It has to do with what version of the base game you have.

Read more here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=503474

and here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/691109.page
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zaide_chris
This now works in 32bit and 64bit

I made this as a time saver as SimAd's fix here needs to be edited for each world you want to start in EIG. I also made it detect The Sims 3 install location. So it doesn't need to be edited at all. Just drop a world file on EIG.bat and it will start Sims 3 in EIG mode with the world you dropped on it.

EIG.bat is attached in a zip file or you can copy the below text to notepad and save it as EIG.bat. No editing needed.

When using this it is best to have CAW closed else the file locks can lead to unfix-able files and-or cryptic error msgs

@echo off
color 0A
title ZaideChris's EIG Starter
for /f "tokens=3* delims= " %%A IN ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3" /v "Install Dir"') do set Sims3Path=%%B
if "%Sims3Path%"=="" for /f "tokens=3* delims= " %%A IN ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3" /v "Install Dir"') do set Sims3Path=%%B
cls
echo Detected The Sims 3 install at %Sims3Path%
if not [%1]==[] (
echo Opening %1 in EIG
"%Sims3Path%\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe" -nosound -worldFile:%1 -editInGameMode:true -disableDumpCopy -speed:0 -noObjMgrsFile:
) else (
echo Drop the world you want to open on this file or pass it as the frist parameter.
)
echo Press any key to exit
pause>nul

It doesnt work! I come to the launcher
Page 1 of 2