Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 9:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Cannot Log In + Blank Launcher on Windows 10
I have done everything the internet suggests I do to fix this, no dice. Some examples:
  • reinstalling internet explorer
  • deleting internet explorer cache
  • reinstalling
  • repairing in origin
  • deleting my default browser's cookies
  • loading in compatibility mode, for Windows XP service pack 3
  • restarting my computer
  • restarting origin
I'm seriously at a loss. I'm pulling my hair out because I have to reinstall some store content due to corrupted cc from the exchange. Any and all help greatly appreciated!!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 12:21 AM
Just to check, have you tested in a fresh Sims 3 folder? Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\ and move The Sims 3 folder to your desktop. When you launch the game after that, a new folder will spawn with all factory settings and content, without any user modifications. Check if that does anything to the launcher.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Just to check, have you tested in a fresh Sims 3 folder? Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\ and move The Sims 3 folder to your desktop. When you launch the game after that, a new folder will spawn with all factory settings and content, without any user modifications. Check if that does anything to the launcher.

Same problem as before, that doesn't fix it
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 7:26 AM
You could try without internet connection. Plug the cable or disconnect to the router before you start Origin. It will launch in offline mode and asl for your password, but the launcher should come up nevertheless. It sometimes helps if the problem is somehow related to something the launcher tries to retrieve from the web...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
You could try without internet connection. Plug the cable or disconnect to the router before you start Origin. It will launch in offline mode and asl for your password, but the launcher should come up nevertheless. It sometimes helps if the problem is somehow related to something the launcher tries to retrieve from the web...

Thank you!!! That fixed the blank screen! :D