Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 3:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default Why does the game think every save file is brand new?
Everytime I load back into a save file that has been played, it acts like a new save file. It will ask if I want to place lots, a popup about the smartphone comes up, the weather stone and into the future portal will spawn, and the llama comes to drop off the college goodies. Every single time I exit out and load back into any save file. Also my sims wants are reset, locked wants too. I took out my mods folder and it didn't change anything. I think this has happened since install from Origin. Also I repaired my game files via Origin and that didn't fix it.

Specs:
Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
16.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 3:23 PM
What you are describing is what happens when new (to this save) EPs are added. If you haven't only just added Uni (Seasons, ITF) since last having played these saves, might it be the case that the EPs failed to load at some point and are only now being seen as "new again"? Are these saves playable and other than locked wishes, have your sims lost any progress in their lives (skills, careers, relationshis, etc.)?

Also, not sure, but it sounds like you might be retreating to the Main Menu after having loaded one save and then trying to load another? This is never a good practice, the game has a gltich by which the contents of RAM are not always cleared in between world loads. It's a pain, but it's always best to quit entirely to the Desktop (or Origin) in between loading up different saves or starting a new one.