Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 12:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
telltale
is there a telltale sign that the game has definitely crashed?,. and are there any big nono's to avoid this in future??,.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
If you look at the task manager and TS3W.EXE ram usage is not moving at all, but stuck.... that usually means it is stuck and gone. Though there were rare instances that they did recover after 15 minutes or so, but 99% of the time they are gone.

Hmm... there is no guarantee b/c it is part of the shabby programming of TS3. However, it should also not be a real issue. I mean, it should happen very very very rarely. If you are getting it constantly? It is likely either the world you are playing in has routing issues or you have some bad mods.

Either way you should keep your game clean with NRAAS errortrap, Kuree's savegame cleaner, and overwatch to reset stuck sims. This keeps your game running smooth.

But on the front page, you notice someone recently created a game smoothing mod by increasing the TPS of the game. Many, including myself, have noticed this reducing hiccups and idle/stuck sims. I think one of the primary reasons for such game freezes and crashes is b/c of system bottleneck from running a slow TPS, which so many stuck sims and sim commands get bottlenecked it eventually freezes while trying to resolve the conflict. This can be somewhat confirmed in the fact these permanent freeze/crashes typically happen during faster game speed such as speed 3/4 sometimes 2. It rarely happens on live mode speed 1.

In such case, I would highly recommend downloading that mod and give it a whirl. But other than that, there are times some bad error occurs and the game is stuck, it increase if you have poorly programmed mods.

would that include deleting All of the game cashes,. instead of deleting the cashe i actually need,.?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sam374
would that include deleting All of the game cashes,. instead of deleting the cashe i actually need,.?

also where does the Save Cleaner go?,.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Kuree's Save Cleaner is a program you run to clean your save games. It only works for 1.67, so if you are on 1.69 you can try Regul's Save Cleaner.

https://modthesims.info/d/652440/re...ve-cleaner.html

where does that go then?,.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sam374
where does that go then?,.

Wherever you put your other programs.