Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Shorter Teens

by Menaceman44 Posted 16th May 2020 at 3:23 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2023 at 6:43 PM by Menaceman44 : Additional Info

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 12
Field Researcher
#26 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:08 PM
Default Nicely Done.
Thank you for correcting something that should have been in the Sims from day one.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Instructor
#27 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Yes, both files play nicely together in the game. You can also apply both at the same time. You could even if you wanted, apply BOTH of NiveaSimsCC's presets on top of this mod. Ths results in VERY tiny Teens.

Oh, OK, the forehead and ear preset, plus your mod... I have to see those tiny teens in game! :p

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 17th May 2020 at 4:08 PM
Wow, this is amazing! Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 17th May 2020 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deathrolla
Super Dooper Tall Teen Pooper :-D

Hey, don't forget that this still works with other height slider and preset mods. You could still make your Teen Sims taller if you like and then they would grow up into taller Young Adults.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th May 2020 at 4:59 PM
Genial, era necesario un mod así. Lo instalé, pero no parece que haya habido cambios tan notables como los de las imágenes. Y me refiero a los adolescentes creados, ni hablar de los que ya estaban que el mod no los afecta, ni en unos ni en otros parece funcionar. Quizás tenga otro mod que lo esté complicando pero no me sale ningún LE. Gracias de todas formas!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th May 2020 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
I'm going to presume that some CAS items in the hats category will no longer work correctly on them. I'm personally willing to live with that for this.

No problem with hats at all. This mod just basically scales everything down so you won't have to worry about floating hats or that sort of thing.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 17th May 2020 at 5:52 PM
Thank You so much I'd love to get some mod to create preteen as well out from teen or kid, not as override but cas preset perhaps? not to mention some mod to add preteens as working life stage would be best! anyway it's great to get shorter teens as they indeed look like adults and it's so badly made
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 17th May 2020 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreadfulButterfly
Thank You so much I'd love to get some mod to create preteen as well out from teen or kid, not as override but cas preset perhaps? not to mention some mod to add preteens as working life stage would be best! anyway it's great to get shorter teens as they indeed look like adults and it's so badly made

You should check out NiveaSimsCC on tumblr then. She's got a Preteen preset she's working on.

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th May 2020 at 7:42 PM
THANKS!!! This really, really bugged me! I hated how I would sometimes find a sim I wanted mine to flirt with but it turns out the sim that looked like an adult was a teen, they literally look no different! Finally, an immersive fix that applies to nearly all <3
Instructor
#35 Old 17th May 2020 at 11:12 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 18th May 2020 at 4:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Merov
Genial, era necesario un mod así. Lo instalé, pero no parece que haya habido cambios tan notables como los de las imágenes. Y me refiero a los adolescentes creados, ni hablar de los que ya estaban que el mod no los afecta, ni en unos ni en otros parece funcionar. Quizás tenga otro mod que lo esté complicando pero no me sale ningún LE. Gracias de todas formas!

Este mod no afecta a los adolescentes ya presentes en el juego, tienes que entrar en CAS usando cas.editmode, y allí cambiarlos de género y de nuevo al género original para que se aplique el mod.

En los adolescentes nuevos yo sí noto la diferencia, no es drástica pero son algo más bajos que los adultos (supongo que una diferencia mucho mayor podría distorsionar las animaciones?). Puedes acumular el efecto usando además los "presets" de NiveaSims. Si aplicas los dos (el de la frente y el de las orejas) tendrás adolescentes muy muy bajitos!

Si es por otro mod en tu juego no siempre te tiene que salir un LE, prueba el método 50/50 a ver si hay suerte

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 18th May 2020 at 12:22 AM
OMFG! Saved the day once more Menaceman! Thanks for doing this!!!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 18th May 2020 at 7:35 AM
I’m still using a feet pulling thing in CAS I got from my cousin who doesn’t play the game any more. Would this work with that so teens I don’t play are still shorter than adults?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 18th May 2020 at 12:59 PM
Sorry @merov I can only understand English. I hope alexpilgrim was able to help.

Quote: Originally posted by 8265jww
I’m still using a feet pulling thing in CAS I got from my cousin who doesn’t play the game any more. Would this work with that so teens I don’t play are still shorter than adults?

Yes. This shouldn't stop any other height slider mods working and you should be able to use them all in your game at the same time.

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 18th May 2020 at 3:08 PM
Sorry @merov I can only understand English. I hope alexpilgrim was able to help.

Yes. This shouldn't stop any other height slider mods working and you should be able to use them all in your game at the same time.

Oh thanks.
Instructor
#40 Old 18th May 2020 at 4:22 PM

I did my best, glad to help anytime

Scholar
THANKS POST
#41 Old 18th May 2020 at 8:26 PM
Thanks, I am definitely going to try this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 19th May 2020 at 4:39 AM
I just put this in my game today and i'm so grateful for it! One thing i noticed though it that when i switched frames or gender to apply it to my existing teens, it drastically slimmed down their bodies and I had to rebuild their frames. This was both boy and girl sims, but I only tried it on my spellcaster families so not sure if it's just an occult thing or across the board.

In any case thank you SO MUCH this is going to make gameplay much easier for me. I can never tell teens apart from adults, which can be awkward.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 19th May 2020 at 9:27 PM
Wonderful!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 20th May 2020 at 3:22 AM
We needed this bad. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 20th May 2020 at 3:25 PM
Oh and FYI the hand going missing thing has been like an issue for me so randomly. My sims will lose a hand and then a few days later it comes back, or I have them travel and it is back. It is a weird glitch I have had before this mod and idk why it happens.
Test Subject
#46 Old 20th May 2020 at 5:20 PM
What means changing the Sims Frame? I don't want to change the Gender.
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th May 2020 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MortiferusX

You only have to change their gender temporarily and then change it back to get the height to work on existing teens.
Test Subject
#48 Old 20th May 2020 at 9:15 PM
Thank you for this mod! Is there a way I can adjust the height that teens default to? I looked at the presets you mentioned by Nivea and I like their heights, but I'd like the height to be auto like this mod.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 20th May 2020 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MortiferusX

It means swapping their body shape from masculine to feminine or the opposite way around. The change only has to be temporary and you don't need to exit CAS until you swap them back to their original body.
It should be as simple as activating the cas.fulleditmode cheat, going to CAS, clicking the opposite gender symbol to what your Sim already is which will shrink them down. Clicking the gender symbol they should be. Then exit CAS.

Quote: Originally posted by liljosiej
Thank you for this mod! Is there a way I can adjust the height that teens default to? I looked at the presets you mentioned by Nivea and I like their heights, but I'd like the height to be auto like this mod.

There is a way to edit the value. I'll have a look at putting a mini guide together tomorrow. It requires the use of s4pe since s4studio seems to corrupt the package if edits are made to it after the initial save.

Field Researcher
#50 Old 21st May 2020 at 12:37 AM
Totally agree with the others that the game should have been like this from the start. I don't know what we'd do without talented modders fixing what shouldn't have needed to be fixed in the first place!

The only strange thing I've noticed is that if I play a teen that ages up to young adult while in my household, he remains teen-sized as a young adult. Of course it takes two mouse clicks in CAS to fix this, so it's no problem at all. Teens that age up outside my played household get taller automatically.

The left hand thing sounds horrifying and I haven't seen it yet, but I will keep an eye out for it. Anyway, thanks again!
Page 2 of 12