Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Shorter Teens

by Menaceman44 Posted 16th May 2020 at 3:23 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2023 at 6:43 PM by Menaceman44 : Additional Info

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 12
Field Researcher
#76 Old 28th May 2020 at 4:06 AM
Wow!! I loved the shorter size. But unfortunately I can't edit the mouth in the details. I'm going to have to go back to the size I was before. Anyway the mod is just incredible, I loved it. Thank you so much for this.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 28th May 2020 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosalegal2005
Wow!! I loved the shorter size. But unfortunately I can't edit the mouth in the details. I'm going to have to go back to the size I was before. Anyway the mod is just incredible, I loved it. Thank you so much for this.

Do you mean the sliders don't work on the mouth or is it that your Sim is so short that the mouth isn't on the screen? If it's the latter, then you would have to make your edits to the Sim as a Young Adult and then age them back down before leaving CAS.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#78 Old 28th May 2020 at 7:54 PM
Because it's too short, thanks for the advice.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#79 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 4:21 PM
Still working with the pre Eco Lifestyle patch

Field Researcher
#80 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 4:16 PM
Waiting patiently but I got to ask u a few things I use the toddler and child and preteen preset from redheadsims and shorter teens as well to fake a growing mod miss that in sims 3 but u are a lifesaver with this for the teens as least. I was wondering can u add the toddlers and child using those preset into ur mod and can it be done at a certain percentage of their age where we can experience all those preset from smallest toddlers to the smallest child with the ending being pre-teen body before they birthday to the next category that way each preset will be like a birthday before the real age up to a child or teen.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#81 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
Waiting patiently but I got to ask u a few things I use the toddler and child and preteen preset from redheadsims and shorter teens as well to fake a growing mod miss that in sims 3 but u are a lifesaver with this for the teens as least. I was wondering can u add the toddlers and child using those preset into ur mod and can it be done at a certain percentage of their age where we can experience all those preset from smallest toddlers to the smallest child with the ending being pre-teen body before they birthday to the next category that way each preset will be like a birthday before the real age up to a child or teen.

While it would certainly be possible to add in those sliders for those ages to alter them automatically as this mod does, it would not be possible to get the game to alter those settings depending on age with how it currently works as the setting is per life stage, not actual age in days. In order to achieve what you are asking I believe it would require scripting and python knowledge which I am afraid I do not possess.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#82 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 4:25 AM
I love it, thanks!
Scholar
#83 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lataya25

Once upon a time there was a heigth mod:
An upgrade was done with a growth option that never worked. The mod was abandon by the author
but others have updated at least the sliders to work.

Not much happend here but you can discuss it here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...25#startcomment

Note that the mods on first page do not work. At this page there is a link to the latest working mod to my knowledge. The menus
is not working though.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...529#post5469529

I use this mod together with Auto Shorter Teens and set heights from MCCC by changing feet size.
http://modthesims.info/d/588159/height-slider.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 5:06 PM
This is needed so much! thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 5:25 AM
This issue has always annoyed at this issue and I am glad that someone finally fixed it. TYSM
Field Researcher
#86 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
While it would certainly be possible to add in those sliders for those ages to alter them automatically as this mod does, it would not be possible to get the game to alter those settings depending on age with how it currently works as the setting is per life stage, not actual age in days. In order to achieve what you are asking, I believe it would require scripting and python knowledge which I am afraid I do not possess.

U got this far making this amazing mod Never doubt urself I watch of modders go beyond what they thought or started with
But if u can add those sliders into I don't mind having different sizing of each kid it will be a lot realistic
Field Researcher
#87 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Once upon a time there was a heigth mod:
An upgrade was done with a growth option that never worked. The mod was abandon by the author
but others have updated at least the sliders to work.

Not much happend here but you can discuss it here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...25#startcomment

Note that the mods on first page do not work. At this page there is a link to the latest working mod to my knowledge. The menus
is not working though.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...529#post5469529

I use this mod together with Auto Shorter Teens and set heights from MCCC by changing feet size.
http://modthesims.info/d/588159/height-slider.html

I used the feet one before I never knew of those other two menus the second one seemed really cool but i been lazy so i been using a lot of preset so this mod was like a gift from heaven.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 7:59 AM
I don't understand why teenager should be shorter than adult, I know many people irl that were same size or even taller than their parents as teenagers
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 1:15 PM
This is really good.
Scholar
#90 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vivibella
I don't understand why teenager should be shorter than adult, I know many people irl that were same size or even taller than their parents as teenagers

It depend on what age you are talking about. Some of my stories are about 13 or 12 year olds and most of them don't turn 12 and boom are adult height. The Sims game makes teens look like 19 year olds on the way out of the house. I prefer younger ones for many of my stories. It is more realistic to have shorter teens than it is to have all of them adult sized.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 4:54 AM
It is also great to differentiate adults from teenagers, as there was always a difference in the size of teenagers in the previous Sims and in The Sims 4 there was no way to know what it was, anyway, I also prefer teenagers with smaller sizes than adults. This mod is perfect !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 6:42 AM
This is really cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 12:46 AM
For some reason only the female sims are short. It won't work with the male sims. Does anyone know why it does this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#94 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fashlandhelper
For some reason only the female sims are short. It won't work with the male sims. Does anyone know why it does this?

I haven't had any other reports of this. Have you tried this mod with all others removed to confirm it's not a conflict with another mod? Female and males use the same tuning file so there isn't really a reason I can think of why it should work for one but not the other.

Lab Assistant
#95 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 7:13 AM
I have noticed that when sims age up outside of your household to adult they don't get taller again: they remain the teen height. Is this intended?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetgirl612
I have noticed that when sims age up outside of your household to adult they don't get taller again: they remain the teen height. Is this intended?

No, that's not intended behaviour. Some people have mentioned this and others don't seem to have the issue at all. I play with aging turned off for other households and only occassionally turn it on every now and again so I haven't seen if this affects my own game or not.
Do they return to the correct height if they change into different clothing? Just asking because I noticed when I removed the mod from my game during development, Teens were still shorter even though the modifier wasn't present but they would get taller again once they changed outfits.

Scholar
#97 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetgirl612

I don¨t have that problem and neither the male problem posted by another user.

As I am concerned about genetics for my sims I don't like teens to be pregnant and this mod is a good help
to avoid "accidents". Thanks (again).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 10:38 AM
This was a great idea!
Field Researcher
#99 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 8:40 AM
For me it also works perfectly. I had no problem
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 1:33 PM
Wow! I can't remember when the teen size disappeared. Nevermind, I'm gonna try this. Thanks
Page 4 of 12