Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 1:06 AM Last edited by rosypoy14 : 29th May 2015 at 2:52 AM.
Default The Model Legacy Challenge
MUST READ IF EASILY OFFENDED BY STEREOTYPES
There are "stereotypes" in this. I know they don't apply to everyone. That's why they are stereo types.

Back story:
You were always very tomboyish (or manly depends on gender) so when you said you wanted to be a model no one took you seriously. This made you want to work so much harder. The only downfall you had no money. Your sister (or brother) was very supportive however and has agreed to help you. Now you and your sibling must make a living for the both off you, and your offspring (you could get the sibling kids and stuff but they will be gone soon) once you get married or at least move in with someone move the sibling (and their family) out. Now it'll just be you and your significant other.

Basically you have to live off of your modeling. You can't get a job until you are on the tenth generation Teens can get a part time job, but that's it. (I now see this is hard with no job so if you would like one sim may get a job). Each generation's model must have a different theme. Here is my suggestion, you can of course come up with your own.

Generation 1
"Everyday" model (models everyday wear)
Generation 2
"Sleepwear" or "Victoria's Secret" model (models sleepwear or bras & underwear)
Geneation 3
"Swimwear" model (models swimwear)
Generation 4
****"Plus Size" model (**** It's technically size 8 & up. Stupid standards )
Generation 5
"Active wear" model (models athletic wear)
Generation 6
"Formal wear" model (models formal wear)
Generation 7
"Party wear" model (models party wear)
Generation 8
"Alternative" model (Gothic or punk feel)
Generation 9
"Pin-up" (look it up I can't describe it well, you might need cc for this)
Generation 10
"Child" model (challenge ends when this child becomes a teen!)

So to start off go into CAS and make your sim. And pick a good last name you will be seeing it for a while. Now for the house and retail store. What I personally suggest is buy two lots, one for the store and place for shooting and one for your house. I am going to have my sims live on the retail store property for now.
What you need is:
  • shower (cheap)
  • sink
  • bed (cheap)
  • In a Flash Photo Studio
  • fridge
  • 1 counter
no roof or walls yet
Now set your money to 500 using the familyfunds cheat. You can build and add on once you get the money to. For now I suggest a lot of photography & garden salad to get you moving.

Good luck and make sure to post pictures! I would love to see them. If you have any questions don't be scared to ask! Check out my twitch for some live streams of The Model Legacy Challenge!! http://www.twitch.tv/baby_simmer/profile
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 10:33 AM
Hi,
Im definetly going to try this. This is the first challenge i saw that put in Get To Work stuff!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didi55555
Hi,
Im definetly going to try this. This is the first challenge i saw that put in Get To Work stuff!!

I'm so happy you're willing to try it out! If you can I would love to see pictures of your sims! :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 1:00 AM
I love to try this challenge and would love some information from you as to start it as i never done a challenge before..I want to know do she take pictures of her sister in everyday wear and her sister take pictures of her with everyday wear and than they sell them and do they also take pictures of the clients that come to the store..I know i must sound stupid but just want to know if i will be doing it right..Hope to hear from you soon and great job with the Challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2015 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomlovesrose
I love to try this challenge and would love some information from you as to start it as i never done a challenge before..I want to know do she take pictures of her sister in everyday wear and her sister take pictures of her with everyday wear and than they sell them and do they also take pictures of the clients that come to the store..I know i must sound stupid but just want to know if i will be doing it right..Hope to hear from you soon and great job with the Challenge

Basically the sisters take pictures of themselves. Don't worry about sounding stupid it's really a good question. Have fun!!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd May 2015 at 12:10 AM
Thanks so much for getting back to me and explaining it. just wanted to know if i was doing it right i love the challenge so far..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd May 2015 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomlovesrose
Thanks so much for getting back to me and explaining it. just wanted to know if i was doing it right i love the challenge so far..

No problem! If you have any other questions feel free to let me know!
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd May 2015 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosypoy14
There are "stereotypes" in this. I know they don't apply to everyone. That's why they are stereo types.

Back story:
You were always very tomboyish (or manly depends on gender) so when you said you wanted to be a model no one took you seriously. This made you want to work so much harder. The only downfall you had no money. Your sister (or brother) was very supportive however and has agreed to help you. Now you and your sibling must make a living for the both off you, and your offspring (you could get the sibling kids and stuff but they will be gone soon) once you get married or at least move in with someone move the sibling (and their family) out. Now it'll just be you and your significant other.

Basically you have to live off of your modeling. You can't get a job until you are on the tenth generation Teens can get a part time job, but that's it. Each generation's model must have a different theme. Here is my suggestion, you can of course come up with your own.

Generation 1
Generation 2
Geneation 3
Generation 4
Generation 5
Generation 6
Generation 7
Generation 8
Generation 9
Generation 10

So to start off go into CAS and make your sim. And pick a good last name you will be seeing it for a while. Now for the house and retail store. What I personally suggest is buy two lots, one for the store and place for shooting and one for your house. I am going to have my sims live on the retail store property for now.
What you need is:
  • shower (cheap)
  • sink
  • bed (cheap)
  • fridge
  • 1 counter
no roof or walls yet
Now set your money to 500 using the familyfunds cheat. You can build and add on once you get the money to. For now I suggest a lot of photography & garden salad to get you moving.

Good luck and make sure to post pictures! I would love to see them. If you have any questions don't be scared to ask! Also on my simblr I will be posting pics if you need any inspiration! Simmer 14 https://www.tumblr.com/blog/simmer14

Deff trying it Once I get GTW
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:11 AM
Good luck to anyone who has decided to try my challenge! It means a lot to me!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th May 2015 at 11:25 PM
So wanna try this. I need to get GTW now!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosypoy14

Back story:

Basically you have to live off of your modeling. You can't get a job until you are on the tenth generation Teens can get a part time job, but that's it. (I now see this is hard with no job so if you would like one sim may get a job). Each generation's model must have a different theme. Here is my suggestion, you can of course come up with your own.

Generation 1
Generation 2
Geneation 3
Generation 4
Generation 5
Generation 6
Generation 7
Generation 8
Generation 9
Generation 10

What you need is:
  • shower (cheap)
  • sink
  • bed (cheap)
  • fridge
  • 1 counter
no roof or walls yet

Good luck and make sure to post pictures! I would love to see them. If you have any questions don't be scared to ask! Check out my twitch for some live streams of The Model Legacy Challenge!! http://www.twitch.tv/baby_simmer/profile

loving this going to do an LP in july about this