Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 9:06 PM
Default GTW: RN: Weak diagnosis?
Hi everyone. I've been playing Get to Work since the day it came out. So far, I've only tried the Doctor career but I think it's fun! I have run into a problem though and I'm looking for some help...

Up until level 5, everything was going fine. I'd perform all the examinations (including x-ray and treadmill) on patients and get a guaranteed diagnosis. Once I got promoted, everything changed. Every single exam on every single patient gives me a weak diagnosis with 5+ options to choose from and my performance is dropping fast from guessing wrong!

My Logic is maxed out and that doesn't make a difference. All I get are weak diagnosis' and it's impossible to guess from the list of options. I'm stuck, and I don't know how to fix it?? I don't see any 'signs or symptoms' from my patients that might help me guess.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it??
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 10:49 PM
This is why actually going to medical school is useful if you want to play Doctor............................
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
This is why actually going to medical school is useful if you want to play Doctor............................

Thanks, that was really helpful lol
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 1:24 AM
Sometimes you can match physical symptoms(steaming, rubbing stomach, stars floating around their head, etc) to the diseases, but that rarely helps you narrow when it's down to less than 4 or 5 options. Something else that helps is running tests while focused or very focused. But I do hate the guesswork of this career, I'm at level 7 and I feel like I'm spending the entire workday on one case and I can rarely get it below a 50/50 chance.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
Sometimes you can match physical symptoms(steaming, rubbing stomach, stars floating around their head, etc) to the diseases, but that rarely helps you narrow when it's down to less than 4 or 5 options. Something else that helps is running tests while focused or very focused. But I do hate the guesswork of this career, I'm at level 7 and I feel like I'm spending the entire workday on one case and I can rarely get it below a 50/50 chance.

Same. I guess I'll just have to push through it. I'm afraid of my lady getting fired after working so damn hard on this career, lol!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 4:52 AM
I'm at level 6 now and a lot of times I can't seem to get a guaranteed diagnosis either. Earlier today I lost a chunk of performance because I took a guess on a diagnosis out of two choices, one being an actual illness (don't remember which) and the other being "no illness". Now, I thought this was a trick because i didn't think there were hypochondriacs in this game, so I chose the illness... and it was wrong.

It's frustrating because even if I run a test multiple times, it seems if I wasn't able to be successful and narrow it down the first time, all subsequent tries result in the same failure. My sims is currently level 8 in logic and I keep him in the focused mood all throughout the workday... which clearly isn't helping. At this point, if I'm unable to get a clear diagnosis out of one patient I'm just going to leave them and go to the next person. It's better to have just wasted some time than to have wasted time and loose performance.
Instructor
#7 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 7:23 AM
another glitch or what?

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrDensilter
another glitch or what?

Nope. If you get a weak diagnosis option, if you wanna guess thats fine. What I like to do is run an extra test on the xray and treadmill and/or swab for sample and test that. Then you will get compelling diagnosis, or guarenteed diagnosis. My doctor is lvl 8 in her career
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by youcrAzy
Nope. If you get a weak diagnosis option, if you wanna guess thats fine. What I like to do is run an extra test on the xray and treadmill and/or swab for sample and test that. Then you will get compelling diagnosis, or guarenteed diagnosis. My doctor is lvl 8 in her career

That's what I've been doing, running every single test. She's also been 'focused' every time she goes to work. I'll try doubling up on the xray, treadmill and swab tests to see if that helps.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 5:53 AM
someone did this and from this you can kind of eliminate a lot of choices: http://sims-online.com/sims-4-docto...r-guide-active/ The problem being some of these are shared so you might have to really pay attention or simply ignore that patient and move on.
Theorist
#11 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227

Sounds like an idea for an university EP. Where can I sign for this one?

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 7:15 PM
Doctor career is a pain LOL

My sim is now has to deliver a baby in order to be eligible for promotion but guess what nobody is pregnant in the neighbourhood and why ? cuz there's no story progression...
ohh EA...
*facepalm

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica55
My sim is now has to deliver a baby in order to be eligible for promotion but guess what nobody is pregnant in the neighbourhood and why ? cuz there's no story progression...

I finally got my doctor to max level today. The game will eventually generate a new pregnant random townie for you to get your promotion, but it takes a few days. For the level previous to that one, I had to resort to unnecessary surgery on Geoffrey Landgraab to get my three surgeries in. I knew it was a weak diagnosis, but I only needed one more surgery to get promoted.
One Minute Ninja'd
#14 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by torkle
......................... For the level previous to that one, I had to resort to unnecessary surgery on Geoffrey Landgraab to get my three surgeries in. I knew it was a weak diagnosis, but I only needed one more surgery to get promoted.

Now, THAT'S the spirit needed to advance in the medical career (and boost income IRL when junior's tuition bill comes in). Great job beating EA at their rigid RPG approach to career advancement in this EP.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 1:29 AM
unnecessary surgery

now this cracked me up LOL poor guy.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 1:35 AM
Do you continue to take tests like "check ears" "check eyes" "scan body" and so forth? I have found that the more I do of those the closer I get to the guaranteed diagnosis. My doctor gal Abigail Hendricks is currently as level 5 assistant nurse. I am seriously having a ton of fun with this expansion.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 9:00 AM
I'm lvl 8 and I have to say it was way more difficult to get a good diagnosis when I was lvl 7 (I gave the wrong medication to 4 sims and almost got fired rofl). Just keep doing tests and make sure they don't fail.
Scholar
#18 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:13 PM
I think it's stupid that it gets harder to diagnose illness when you raise ranks. It's totally unrealistic and a lazy way to make the doctors profession more challenging.
Theorist
#19 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 1:42 AM
I'm just at lvl 2 of the medical career and I already think it's lame. Too superficial, too goalish (is that even a existing word?) with even very unrealistic goals (50-80% is irrelevant talking, should I do at my work, talking 80% of the time with colleagues, truckers instead of working), too RPGish, too EAish. And the other two aren't really that better. Especially because these are three careers where a diploma/degree from some school (police academy, medical school or some tech university). Develope a proper University pack and than just do something real with this careers.

Just imagine: ''Hey, I'm unemployed and have no medical degree and experience besides sticking plasters on my own wounds after cutting myself while eating'', But because I need a job, I visit the local general hospital, walk in the office of the HRM and apply for a job. After seeing my resume, he decided to hire me. ''Oh yes, you're the perfect candidate for us and we need all the extra help we can get, because of all the sick elderly and other ill people. You can start right away. Here's your clothing. Just bring some food to the patients, clean the rooms here and there, make up some beds and within a few weeks you can diagnose your first patient in the ER. Within a few years you're the best surgeon this hospital has ever had''

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 9:38 AM
and that is why this is the sims, not the real world.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
I'm just at lvl 2 of the medical career and I already think it's lame. Too superficial, too goalish (is that even a existing word?) with even very unrealistic goals (50-80% is irrelevant talking, should I do at my work, talking 80% of the time with colleagues, truckers instead of working), too RPGish, too EAish. And the other two aren't really that better. Especially because these are three careers where a diploma/degree from some school (police academy, medical school or some tech university). Develope a proper University pack and than just do something real with this careers.

Just imagine: ''Hey, I'm unemployed and have no medical degree and experience besides sticking plasters on my own wounds after cutting myself while eating'', But because I need a job, I visit the local general hospital, walk in the office of the HRM and apply for a job. After seeing my resume, he decided to hire me. ''Oh yes, you're the perfect candidate for us and we need all the extra help we can get, because of all the sick elderly and other ill people. You can start right away. Here's your clothing. Just bring some food to the patients, clean the rooms here and there, make up some beds and within a few weeks you can diagnose your first patient in the ER. Within a few years you're the best surgeon this hospital has ever had''

It gets more relevant as you go up the ladder (and significantly harder too!). But yeah I guess the goals are here to stay.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 7:32 PM
Is there a way to stop it from force creating a dark mode. I hate the dark mode transformation system and would like to just stop it frm happening.