Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 7:32 AM
JUNE- time for a wedding
(with a borrowed game)

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 8:20 PM
My entry for March
peek-a-boo
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 8:20 PM
My entry for October
- Would you want to Trick-or-Treat at this house?
Forum Resident
#29 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 12:33 AM
Why did somebody disagree with my photo?

How can you disagree with a photo? Lol

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 9:42 AM
Thank you all for your flurry of entries!

The contest is now CLOSED

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 2:39 PM
We Got All Entries We Needed To Do The Contest!!! :D

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Forum Resident
#32 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 5:50 PM
Any idea when the results will come out?

My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#33 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
Any idea when the results will come out?

I would like to know as well!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 7:20 PM
Thank you all for your patience and apologies for the delay. As there were so few entries to the competition this year we have decided to combine all the entries and make a combined calendar for each game. The calendars should be available for download by the end of the week

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Thank you all for your patience and apologies for the delay. As there were so few entries to the competition this year we have decided to combine all the entries and make a combined calendar for each game. The calendars should be available for download by the end of the week

Does this mean that out of all the entries in all the games there will only be one calendar with 12 pictures?
If so, I don't think its very fair... :P

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 2:01 PM
I am sorry that you are disappointed by our decision to make a combined calendar but we did not want to have 'default' winners and we wanted to make the calendar as interesting as possible.

NB: This decision was made by all the Staff members in discussion.

Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 3:59 AM
I was disappointed that there were so few entries this year, especially for TS4. I even tried to help by making 2 entries on the last day, for months that had no entries at all. I don't even play TS4, and I am kind of relieved not to be a "default winner". I am sure it was a considered, though difficult decision to combine the calendar. I am happy there will even BE a calendar this year, and perhaps going forward, a combined calendar will allow this beloved tradition to continue. Thanks Karen Lorraine, for hosting.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Forum Resident
#38 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 9:24 PM
Here I was all excited that I was going to win for August. Now I'm likely not going to win. Cool.

My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#39 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 6:35 AM
Either way I am really excited!
Scholar
#40 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 1:22 PM
I just discovered now that there was this contest. A suggestion would be to leave more than a month for the contest ? It's so sad that there wasn't more participants.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#41 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:54 PM
I posted this in the TS3 thread, but I figure I will post it in all for people who only are following one:

Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I, in fact, was the one who first suggested to combine the entries in the first place. The calendar contest has been my "baby" for as many years as I have been a moderator (this is the 6th year we've done it). I have watched as, each year, the entries for each month get smaller and smaller. I've watched this contest go from having completely full months to having some months only receive a single entry at last minute. The latter is not fair. People wait until the day (or even an hour) before the contest ends and then put in an entry that they may or may not have worked hard on and win by default because no one else entered that month.

Yes, I understand that combining all the entries into one calendar and then choosing 12 winners instead of 36 is sucky for the contestants. I get that; believe me I do. However, it still seemed more fair than letting people win by default. Per contest rules, generally contests that do not have 10 contestants to go forward do not continue. If you look at that, the calendar contest in the past has actually been lenient (if you consider each month a mini-contest) in almost all years. 4 or 5 per month usually seems to be the average; this year it was about 2 per month when averaged. After all, what's the point of having a contest where you only have one entry?

As for years going forward; at this point, it will most likely be either a joint contest or not at all. There's just not enough interest to continue doing 3 separate contests.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 11:20 PM
Here are the Calendar winners. We will be adding participation and winner stickers over the next few days. Congratulations everyone!

January Charmful
February Pary
March joandsarah77
April simsample
May clw8
June Essa
July gdayars
August Averex
September AngieMFAK77
October N_Fluen$e
November Zarathustra
December Spladoum

Field Researcher
#43 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 12:53 PM
This seems inaccurate considering looking at the chart on page one some of the names that won didn't even seem to enter? is anyone else confused or feel like that got let out?

I saw
Clw8
letcupcake
Justjones
Myself
tscammell
Avarex
W_sims
holy sweaters
attuned
fizzy 9
all make the effort to submit photos.

I didn’t see Charmful, Pary, Joandsarah77, simsample, essa, gdayars, AngieMFAK77, N_Fluen$e, Zarathustra, Spladoum

Only people that got chosen were Clw8, and Avarex from the original list? wait what? (no offense to CLW8 and Avarex)

Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Here are the Calendar winners. We will be adding participation and winner stickers over the next few days. Congratulations everyone!

January Charmful
February Pary
March joandsarah77
April simsample
May clw8
June Essa
July gdayars
August Averex
September AngieMFAK77
October N_Fluen$e
November Zarathustra
December Spladoum
Scholar
#44 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by no.[666]bicycle
This seems inaccurate considering looking at the chart on page one some of the names that won didn't even seem to enter? is anyone else confused or feel like that got let out?

I saw
Clw8
letcupcake
Justjones
Myself
tscammell
Avarex
W_sims
holy sweaters
attuned
fizzy 9
all make the effort to submit photos.

I didn’t see Charmful, Pary, Joandsarah77, simsample, essa, gdayars, AngieMFAK77, N_Fluen$e, Zarathustra, Spladoum

Only people that got chosen were Clw8, and Avarex from the original list? wait what? (no offense to CLW8 and Avarex)

They said that they brought together all contestants for TS2-TS3-TS4. So these people are probably contestants from the other games.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#45 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:58 PM
Well done to all that entered, and congratulations to the winners! Thanks to the moderators who created the calendars.

I know some are upset that the contest was combined for Sims 2, 3 and 4, but I think it's a really nice idea. None of us ever agree as to which iteration of the game is the best (heck, I don't even agree with myself, it changes every day), but it's the community and the discussion and creation which keeps the game alive. Who ever would have thought, when I purchased Sims 1 17 years ago, that all this time later I would be downloading newly made items for the game. Or that there would be three more versions of the game, and so many new creators, and new friends to make through the game. I think a combined calendar is a great dedication to this vibrant and fun community. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#46 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
They said that they brought together all contestants for TS2-TS3-TS4. So these people are probably contestants from the other games.

Makes sense now, I know that I wouldn't of had a chance because I could only enter the sims 4 one considering I can't get my codes for the sims 2 or sims 3 to work.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 10:22 PM
Most of the entrants only entered for one game.

Mad Poster
#48 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 11:10 PM
Only most of them?
I mean, it is a good idea to combine all 3 games, but one contestant should not be allowed to enter all 3 for one contest. Then that makes it quite uneven, and as no.[666]bicycle said, it gives other contestants who would only participate with one game, far less chances to be seen. In my opinion.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#49 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Only most of them?
I mean, it is a good idea to combine all 3 games, but one contestant should not be allowed to enter all 3 for one contest. Then that makes it quite uneven, and as no.[666]bicycle said, it gives other contestants who would only participate with one game, far less chances to be seen. In my opinion.

We judges look at every entry for every game, regardless of how many times you entered. Additionally, we make sure that no one wins more than one month in any given contest. When the contests were individually scored, someone could win 3 times; once for each calendar. When it became combined this year, a participant could only win once, even if they had 6 entries which was the max they could have if they had entered all 3 calendar contests using both spots they were allowed.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: Contest Closed
Page 2 of 2