Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 12:00 AM
Thank you for this really detailed and helpful guide, its so amazing that you've found a way to get rid of the community lot bug!

I'm sorry if this sounds dumb but how do you know you're definitely changing the interest rate of the loans and not the bank accounts too?
Looking at the old documentation, the interest rate for the loans was 3% twice a week and the interest rate for the bank accounts was 6% twice a week. Are you sure that neither of those files is actually editing the interest rate of the bank balance instead of the loan amount?

Thanks
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 1:02 AM
It's way easier to simply use Cyjon's loan jar for loans, it even has set amounts of interest that can be charged.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 2:58 PM
I'm lazy, so I usually just use Inge's mortgage shrubs. They come in two varieties: $1000 loan at $10 per day interest, and $10000 loan at $100 per day interest.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_Mortgages.htm

Additional feature good for a haunted house that someone is desperate to sell:
Quote: Originally posted by Simlogical.com
You can put some of these on the lot when you are building the house before you move any sims in, and therefore reduce the price your sims have to pay when moving in, allowing greedy sims to move into quite a luxurious house without having to work their way up the property ladder.
Alchemist
#29 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 12:43 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 18th Oct 2020 at 1:01 AM.
@Gabby2805 I actually was just following Radium's instructions and took pictures to go with them; if you take a look at post 17, you'll see that she's the one that took a look at the Bhavs and found what to edit. I'm definitely not skilled enough to do that. I *think* that the reason I edited both is because on my copy, both were set to 6 and so I assumed that I had to edit both lines.

I will say that after playing with the changes for a while, yes, both the interest rate of loans and bank accounts are affected and less than what they were before. Maybe @Radium could take another look and let us know if one line is for loans and the other is for bank accounts? Otherwise, you could test changing one bhav and not the other.

ETA: I do occasionally use CJ's Loan Jar and Inge's Mortgage Shrubs, but neither are really a replacement for Monique's computer and ATM, and the ability to have bank accounts (though there are other mods for that as well). But it actually isn't that hard to edit, and, if you already have Monique's computer in your game, I would encourage you to try editing it for yourself. If nothing else, you'll gain a familiarity with SimPE that can help you get comfortable doing more edits to other mods.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#30 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 1:05 AM
@Phantomknight Thanks so much for getting back to me!

I suspected as much, I'm glad I wasn't being dumb or rude for doubting it. I have no idea how we can tell which is which, it seems weird that they'd both be 6 - if one is definitely for the loan then that's (3+3 - 3% interest twice a week), but if one is for the bank account then you'd have thought that would be 12 (or the one for loans would be 3) as the interest rate for bank accounts is 6% twice a week. If anyone who knows a bit more about this stuff could find out, that would be great.

I think in the meantime I'll follow your steps to fix the Community Lot and then perhaps try changing both lines in both files to 5 instead of 6, so hopefully it eases up the loan interest a little without crushing the bank account interest too much. All we can do without an expert is keep changing the numbers and experimenting in game, but that is tedious.

Thanks again
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 6:29 AM
Took another quick glance and based on the text notifications associated with the two BHAVs, the one with instance 0x1002 appears to be for bank deposit accounts and the one with instance 0x1003 appears to be for loans. Each appears to get run three times a week.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Alchemist
#32 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 6:56 PM
Thanks so much for checking again @Radium! @Gabby2805, hopefully that change makes the difference. I'll test the updates, too and let you know what I find.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Field Researcher
#33 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 5:13 PM
@Radium @Phantomknight Thanks so much! That's super helpful
Test Subject
#34 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 6:53 AM
I'm really hoping that someone can help me. I'd like to change the interest rate on the bank account to around 0.3%. However, it defaults back to 1 every time I try. Is there some way I can get a number lower than 1%? Thank you.

Also, to the left of where you insert the number, both are "Temp" where your's are "Literal". Should this be changed?
Alchemist
#35 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 2:00 PM
@Shiozawa, I'll try to help, if I can. I'm not sure if you can do a rate lower than one, but iirc, inputting temp instead of literal could be a reason why you see numbers reverting. So yeah, try that, but also double check you are in the right file, at the right spot. Do you have any pictures?

Otherwise, you can ask Radium--Midgethetree--on Tumblr. She's usually awesome at helping out with modding questions and is way more knowledgeable than I.

Test Subject
#36 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 7:36 PM
@Phantomknight Turns out I was editing the wrong thing. After finding the right one though (and reinstalling, just in case I messed anything up), it still isn't letting put in numbers less then 1. I'll try and message Midge. Thank you.
Test Subject
#37 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 9:16 PM
I'm sure I'm right in thinking somewhere that the game can't handle interest until it's minimum, right? ยง100! Lowering the interest rate has seemed to mean I need more in the account from which to earn less... unless I've been fiddling too much and broken it. But I'm absolutely sure I read somewhere that the initial interest rate was 6% in order to allow for it to start accruing on a low amount, but can I find that info now? Can I heck.
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Apr 2023 at 11:45 AM
@alchemist.... thanks for that detailed guide. you have my utmost gratitude.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 1st May 2023 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shiozawa
@Phantomknight Turns out I was editing the wrong thing. After finding the right one though (and reinstalling, just in case I messed anything up), it still isn't letting put in numbers less then 1. I'll try and message Midge. Thank you.

It can't handle decimals, you'll have to do it in the form of a fraction. Increase local var count to 4, add a row where you set local 3 to literal 3, then another row where local 3 is divided by literal 10 (make sure you pick decimal when editing it, not hex). Finally in the line where interest is added, change literal to local 3 to use the value you stored in local 3, which should be 0.3%.

No promises it works, haven't been modding so I may be forgetting something but whenever I've seen EA do decimals it's always a fraction used to produce the decimal number.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 2:36 AM
I followed Phantomknight's instructions for 'Making Interest Affect Only the Current Family' but now I'm failing to get interest at all. Can someone tell me where I messed up?
Screenshots

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#41 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I followed Phantomknight's instructions for 'Making Interest Affect Only the Current Family' but now I'm failing to get interest at all. Can someone tell me where I messed up?

fwiw, putting back the original controller worked.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#42 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 9:47 PM
@Bulbizarre did you do the last bit and point line 0x1 to go to your new one? I can see how if you missed that step, the bhav will skip all the other steps.

ETA: what version of Monique's computer are you using? The AL one?

Mad Poster
#43 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 10:08 PM
Yes, I followed all the steps - in the screenshots you can see the green line. I'm using the AL one.

Alchemist
#44 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 10:35 PM
@Bulbizarre Try this one: https://simfileshare.net/download/4143149/ I made the edit to both bhavs so interest for loans and deposits should only affect the current family. Let's make sure that's working as intended, then we can make sure the interest rate is whatever you want.

I'm not really sure why you wouldn't get any interest at all, especially if you didn't edit the interest amount. Perhaps you have another copy of the file somewhere, like for the ATM? But then should probably have seen the original behavior... Did you give the game enough time to get a pop up about interest?

Mad Poster
#45 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 10:47 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 4th Sep 2023 at 11:04 PM.
I set hour to 6:00 and waited a bit. When it didn't work, I sethour again. This works in the original controller. I also checked the bank account itself in case it was just a failure in the popup, but there were no changes.

I'll try your edit. Weirdly, I'm not seeing any differences between it and my edit when I look in SimPE, but maybe it;s something not obvious.

Mad Poster
#46 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 11:28 PM
@Phantomknight - the file you gave me works! Not sure why it didn't work when I did it - maybe I missed a step or even different SimPE versions? Your tutorial said you were using 73, and I'm using 75.69.

Alchemist
#47 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 12:56 AM
I can't imagine a different SimPE version would matter. Perhaps you missed a step and didn't realize? But good to know you've got a working version now.

Mad Poster
#48 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 1:28 AM
A new question, regarding correcting some of the incorrectly-received interest.

In SimPE, if you have Monique's bank controller in the filetable, you can see the MQ_Computer_Bank token in a Sim's inventory. One of my Sims has 9,900 in their bank account, and when I look at the raw data of the token, it's 0x0063 which is 99.

Does this mean I should divide the amount I want by 100 before converting it to hexadecimal?

Page 2 of 2