Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 9:14 PM
Elder Hair Age Conversion Meshes Not Exporting for Recolors
Hello.

I searched and searched but I could not find a place where someone had asked about this. Anyway ...

I like to have lots of Pooklet unnaturals in my game but not all of my favorite hair meshes are available in these colors. Often, though, they have been recolored in Pooklet's naturals, so I download those so I can have the necessary "volatile" base. Many of these hairs have been converted to work for all ages, but this is where my problems start. When I create a project to make a recolor, often the elder mesh does not display/export properly. Instead of the mesh that showed up nicely for the other artist's recolor of the age-converted mesh, I see (in Bodyshop) two elder heads with a Maxis mesh and texture. This only happens with the elder age group.

My question is, why are the elder meshes not working for /me/ when another players could recolor the hair without this problem?

By the way, I have all expantion packs up to Free Time and no stuff packs.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd May 2020 at 3:22 PM
Basically, I want to know if this is a common problem with the Freetime EP. I get a lot of weird new errors since installing that one, but I didn't start recoloring hairs until now. I can install Apartment Life if anyone thinks it could fix the elder hair mesh issue. Any thoughts on this?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2020 at 7:29 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd May 2020 at 3:06 PM.
Whether or not the elder hair files are included depends on how the hair is binned. Some people bin hairs so that there's just one elder hair per family (for instance in the black recolor), so if you want the elder hair you need to make sure you keep that file or use it for your recolor, otherwise Bodyshop won't extract the elder files properly (it should extract the elder hair files as long as all the needed files in that particular hair family are present in the Downloads folder). The hair could also be binned with a separate gray hair file, in which case you may need that file too.

There could be some issues related to both binning and other tinkering the hair creator has done to the hairs. The best you can do is to find a file that has all the ages you're looking for. You can always extract the Volatile hair color with SimPE before you go into Bodyshop.

Elders use the adult mesh, so while they'll have separate 3DIRs, there won't be an additional elder mesh in the mesh file.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2020 at 1:50 AM
Simmer22, that must be the problem! When I download a hair to recolor it, I usually only put the volatile package in my downloads folder. I'll be sure now to extract the whole family for each hair and see what that does. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2020 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Effelenn
I'll be sure now to extract the whole family for each hair and see what that does. Thank you!

It worked!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2020 at 1:29 PM
Slightly late reply, but what also works is changing the last two numbers in the property set in the Volatile recolour from 08 to 18. This should allow you to export an elder Volatile.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th May 2020 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Slightly late reply, but what also works is changing the last two numbers in the property set in the Volatile recolour from 08 to 18. This should allow you to export an elder Volatile.

Oh, that's even better for me! Thank you.