Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 11:53 AM
Sims doing after loading screen ?
Is there a mod or how do i keep the sims I left at home do the same example "they are all sleeping" when I went to a different community lot. Because when I go back from loading screen, the my other sims are doing different things. When I directed them to sleep they are awake doing other stuffs.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 12:46 PM
That's the way Maxis programmed the game. Very little you can do about it. And there's no mod to stop it - yet.
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 2:37 PM
Well, there is/was this mod, but I never got it to work: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,23192.0.html

It's a zip with another zip and then a pyo file in and I have no idea what to unzip and where to put it. Same for the Matylib mod, that's needed to make this one work. I remember in the beginning of Sims 4 script mods had to be left zipped, that didn't work here. Putting the pyo directly into the mods folder didn't do anything either and that's where my computer davyness ended already.

When I asked here, people kept telling me the mod was for Sims 2 (because of the copy-pasted install instructions, I suppose), but's in their Sims 4 section and the description addresses a problem Sims 2 doesn't has. I'm not brave enough to ask at maty directly, so I gave up.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Well, there is/was this mod, but I never got it to work: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,23192.0.html

It's a zip with another zip and then a pyo file in and I have no idea what to unzip and where to put it. Same for the Matylib mod, that's needed to make this one work. I remember in the beginning of Sims 4 script mods had to be left zipped, that didn't work here. Putting the pyo directly into the mods folder didn't do anything either and that's where my computer davyness ended already.

When I asked here, people kept telling me the mod was for Sims 2 (because of the copy-pasted install instructions, I suppose), but's in their Sims 4 section and the description addresses a problem Sims 2 doesn't has. I'm not brave enough to ask at maty directly, so I gave up.

It looks weird, it is zipped in a weird way, there are no installation instructions and it's from last April..
I wouldn't touch it.
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 3:29 PM
There is no simple mod that will fix that, just if you do so, Rule is Don't go Out anywhere, even if any text message(s) are so tempting.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 3:59 PM
You can go out, just come back either when it's still a valid sleep time for the rest of the household, or a valid wake up time..
and/or use UI cheats to fix their Energy bar when you know it should have been full if the game wasn't like it is..
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
You can go out, just come back either when it's still a valid sleep time for the rest of the household, or a valid wake up time..
and/or use UI cheats to fix their Energy bar when you know it should have been full if the game wasn't like it is..

Never worked for me, every sim in the household simply get reset, it just as penatised as rotational play, and not everyone uses UI Cheats or w/e the mod is called. But you shouldn't have to use cheats to put it back to way it's supposed to be.
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Never worked for me, every sim in the household simply get reset, it just as penatised as rotational play, and not everyone uses UI Cheats or w/e the mod is called. But you shouldn't have to use cheats to put it back to way it's supposed to be.

I didn't say it would make them be asleep when you go back to the home lot.. it won't
but if you come early enough at night you can still send them all to bed at a reasonable time and have them rested enough for the next day,
and if you come late enough in the morning they should all have their energy bar at least nearly full if you had them all on Care For Self mode during the night while you were gone.

and sure we shouldn't have to use UI cheats, but when the game doesn't work the way we expect it to we don't have many alternatives, really..
not leaving the home lot sure isn't the way to go, it's just boring and very restricting.
so I don't mind using UI cheats in this case (and in other cases where the game is being stupid and I'm just correcting it) as I don't even consider it cheating, but if you do then you don't have to use it..
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
It looks weird, it is zipped in a weird way, there are no installation instructions and it's from last April..
I wouldn't touch it.

Sound advice. I guess if it worked, by now everyone and their dog would talk about it. It would be such a dream come true, on par with S.C.A.M. (well, for my playstyle, at least, I have 106 lines in my S.C.A,M. config file on top of some standalone no-autonomy mods). Having to fish sims from all over the house is annoying enough, but sometimes they gain unwanted skill progress from their preload actions.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 11:32 PM
One of the great things about Sims 3 is that you could tell your sims what to do, and they'd do it. Sims 4 sims are sneaky little sims who do whatever they want when you aren't looking at them.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
One of the great things about Sims 3 is that you could tell your sims what to do, and they'd do it. Sims 4 sims are sneaky little sims who do whatever they want when you aren't looking at them.

Aww, Professor, they're not being sneaky. They're just doing what their big daddy, EA/Maxis, told them to do. What they need is simply discipline. That's what Deaderpool and other mod makers like LittleMsSam have tried to do to them. But I agree, they are a son-of-a-bitch to educate!
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 8:00 PM
At least they wait until there are 180 of them, before they start vanishing altogether (don't know the current culling threshold, since I have set MCCC to not cull at all and manually manage my population). Sims 3 sims had the tendency to remove themselves from my towns the day after moving in. I prefer the way Sims 2 handled the passing of time and story progression.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 1:57 PM
TS4 would have been awesome if they kept the gameplay as open world like sims 3. Graphics are not that big of a deal to be honest if thats their reason why they did not do it. I find TS3 graphics engine more heavier than TS4.
Scholar
#14 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 4:13 PM
I found another mod that might fix this problem, No Prerolled Autonomy: https://www.patreon.com/posts/42667318

Unfortunately it is for the current game version, that changed the traits to something I don't really want. Might have to bite the bullet and update anyway.
Scholar
#15 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
I found another mod that might fix this problem, No Prerolled Autonomy: https://www.patreon.com/posts/42667318

Unfortunately it is for the current game version, that changed the traits to something I don't really want. Might have to bite the bullet and update anyway.

Hardly a solution, instead they will revert back the way they behaved in previous version(s) of TS4, Stand outside your house upon loading a lot instead of them starting indoors, out of the weather doing a random activity.
Scholar
#16 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 1:16 PM
Hardly a solution, instead they will revert back the way they behaved in previous version(s) of TS4, Stand outside your house upon loading a lot instead of them starting indoors, out of the weather doing a random activity.

Didn't we already establish that there's no easy solution (and most likely no solution at all) for the original problem?

For me the mod removes my currently second biggest gripe with the game: My sims doing random and most likely out of-character things while their lots load. If they cannot do exactly the same thing they did when I left them (as they do in Sims 2), then I'd rather thave them not doing anything at all. I posted the link for similarly inclined players.

In the end whether this is helpful or not depends on what annoys one more: Having to tell your sims what to do or to tell them what tonotdo.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 6:40 PM

I don't know if it's the mod's doing it or something else has changed, but I actually kinda like the reversion. It use to be that I'd go to a household and the focused sim is either blocked by a wall, dresser, mirror, TV or some other object I'd have to go around to gain access to them, or they're about to get into the shower, the stand-up gaming rig, or some other activity that I have to stop them from doing before I can have them do what I want. If it's this mod that's making the change, I'm appreciative because it seems I can now click and go with my sims.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury