Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 5:59 AM
Default Wouldn’t specific degrees be great!
Wouldn't it just be super cool if someone made a mod with specific university degrees, along with some careers that require such degrees in order to join those careers?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 12:07 AM
Like custom degrees?

What I'd want is for the two universities to *actually* have different majors. Like it's all the same majors just at one they're distinguished and not at the other. So since any sim can really go to either school there's zero incentive for me to do the distinguished majors. So I wish that the schools actually featured different degrees so it actually mattered what school they went to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Like custom degrees?

What I'd want is for the two universities to *actually* have different majors. Like it's all the same majors just at one they're distinguished and not at the other. So since any sim can really go to either school there's zero incentive for me to do the distinguished majors. So I wish that the schools actually featured different degrees so it actually mattered what school they went to.

Yes, that too! But also, it would be cool if they had degrees with a more narrow field, that narrows more and more as you go on with your education. For example: 2 year associates degree in accounting, followed by an additional 2 years which will then turn it into a bachelors in either corporate accounting, private accounting, government accounting, public accounting, or personal accounting. Then another two years to get: a masters degree in private tax accounting, a masters degree in personal tax accounting, a masters degree in corporate tax accounting, a masters degree in government tax accounting, a masters degree in private forensics accounting, a masters degree in external auditing, a masters degree in cost and Investment accounting, a masters degree in chartered accounting, etcetera etcetera etcetera!!!!

And then doctoral degrees, post-doctoral degrees, after-doctoral degrees, and finally SUPREME DEGREES!!!!

I like yours too! But mine sounds better!
You’re probably like
I’m like
And you’re probably looking at this right now reading it while acting like
And I’m now like
Whereas You’re now like
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 4:02 PM
More degrees for more careers when there's already not enough game-play in the careers that are there? I'd rather that the careers that are already available be improved so they do something more than make a sim disappear in a rabbit hole or do repetitive tasks over and over again.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 4:14 PM
And considering they skip work whenever they find the right moment, which only brings down work performance, why bother, considering their are other ways to make money than this "career" system.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 12:11 PM
I like the system we had here before the silly bachelor thing. I started on a cand.mag. I had 2 different semester courses, then I would add with a single 2 semester course. Build on that with another 2 semester course, and finish with a master. It had an incredible fleksibility. I had a semester in socialanthropology, christianity, failed a 2 semester course in socialanthropology. I liked the flexibility.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
More degrees for more careers when there's already not enough game-play in the careers that are there? I'd rather that the careers that are already available be improved so they do something more than make a sim disappear in a rabbit hole or do repetitive tasks over and over again.

Wouldn’t it just be awesome if the sims 5 required you to build a building with a lot Type specifically suited to the needs of the career? Like... for example, in order to have the school teacher career, you would need to build an actual school, change the lot Type to elementary school, and designate a career to each room whilst following all requirements to such room. Like the history teacher career would be in a history room with 4 student desks, 4 student chairs, 1 Desk for the teacher, 1 chair for the teacher, a dinosaur statue, a globe, a chalkboard, and a big a*s boat right in the f****n center of the s****y f*****g gluey a*s bottle of s**t that the teacher calls “educational”! And my vote for the most unnecessary last set of words after a comma of a completely unnecessarily long sentence goes to... THAT ONE!!!!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 2:35 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Sims 5 was just better than the Sims 4,
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Sims 5 was just better than the Sims 4,

2020 crushed my will to live. then it picked up my will to live, and threw it into a dumpster fire.
I live as a sim now, a vicarious being living in a digital world. Hoping for a real life "better" sims 5? Have you seen what these EA guys have been releasing? They can't even rip off EA's own work from sims 2 & 3.

Sims are better than us.