Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 11:55 PM
Default So, is this good or bad? (identical copies of sims)
Hi.

OK, so I was just going to bed (it's 0:30 in the night) but I decided to post this first and I do think it's so odd I made a separate thread for it. As I do not think it is a problem I did not post it under "Help". (But please correct me if I'm wrong )

So I was playing along and this Harvest fest came up. OK, fair I did let my sims celebrate it. But one of the sims on lot could not complete. I had no idea why but I came up whit a very lose theory that I decided to check. And yes, among "My families" I did find the same sim twice, both in the family in Oasis Springs and as single outside world. Theory: The game can not see the difference between them and that's why the played sims have issues. So I moved the "outside world sim" to the other families and jumped back in the lot again. And now it worked OK...Until this situation came up...

You see the sim sleeping in the bed? He lives here on this lot. The same sim is now outside the front door... Yes I have seen copies of sims before...back in the days of playing the Sims 2 University...

I did not let anyone greet "the outsider" and I better hope he stays away from now on. But If he don't, I have no clue how to solve this...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 9:22 AM
Every sim has a unique Sim ID number when they get generated into your game, so no two sims can be exactly alike, even if they have the same names and appearance, traits, etc. their sim data is not completely identical.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Every sim has a unique Sim ID number when they get generated into your game, so no two sims can be exactly alike, even if they have the same names and appearance, traits, etc. their sim data is not completely identical.

Now that was helpful. But are there any easy way (for a no computer tec) to read out the ID number? My thoughts was to take one of the sims into CAS and change the appearance, making the "avatars" of the same sim change. That way it would be easy to spot who of the other sims that know the "false" or the "correct" version of Mr Bell (Bell is his last name). I just got worried that a majority of them will know the wrong one.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 10:23 AM
I have several times made identical sims. They were to be twins in my game. Yet, as Citysim said, they are unique as far as the game is concerned. But for me to tell them apart, indeed I went into CAS and changed something - like hair, or had one wear glasses, etc.

You did not like the answer jje1000 gave. And yet if you really don't want both of them, it is a valid answer - kill one off or delete one of them.
Inventor
#5 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 10:30 AM
Is this blue haired sim saved to your library? And if so, are you using Mccc's option to generate townies from your library/gallery? That might be a reason why you've got a clone in your game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 11:22 AM
It took me a while remember what I did writ in that post but deleting it was OK HugeLunatic.

Anhaeyn: Both blue haired sims were located under "My Families" in the library. I do not use Mccc but the game takes it's townies from the library. I'm quite OK having a clone in the game but I do not want it to bork anything. I always use to backup the Sims 4 folder, overwriting the old files whit the new ones but I did not do that last night. But if everything is OK then I can do it.
Inventor
#7 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
It took me a while remember what I did writ in that post but deleting it was OK HugeLunatic.

Anhaeyn: Both blue haired sims were located under "My Families" in the library. I do not use Mccc but the game takes it's townies from the library. I'm quite OK having a clone in the game but I do not want it to bork anything. I always use to backup the Sims 4 folder, overwriting the old files whit the new ones but I did not do that last night. But if everything is OK then I can do it.

Don't worry, it's completely safe and game won't bork from clones. As others before said - game sees them as totally different sims, they just look identical. You can safely delete the unwanted clone if he bothers you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 11:35 AM
Thank you, I feel better now.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 9:40 PM Last edited by ryuusei86 : 17th Dec 2020 at 2:49 AM.
I just noticed this same problem when the game apparently duplicates Star Wars Sims when MCCC causes one of them to marry. Generally it clones the woman, leaving a copy alone in her own household. What I found is that I can move the clone into the household with the married couple (thanks for an extra 20k Simbucks), and then one of the women will show up as the man's wife, and the other one will not. Delete the one who is not his wife, and problem solved.

Granted, I have no idea how this relates to unmodded game behavior, as it seems obvious to me that MCCC is involved with the forced marriages. Now if only I could figure out why my Sim will STOP WHATEVER HE'S DOING, up to and including eating, so that he can go Practice Speech. I've had to move any and all of his mirrors into the household inventory. :P

EDIT: It suddenly occurred to me that this might be because this Sim has the Childish trait. It's one I haven't had much experience with. In any case, I apologize as I didn't mean to derail the thread.