Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 9:48 AM
Default Freezing skin (from low temperature)
How does the freezing skin change work? Is it an overlay? I find it a little too pale and would like to edit it but I don't know how to find it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 2:52 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Jan 2021 at 2:58 PM.
It's an overlay, found in the Seasons files. You can make a default replacement, much like you'd make one for the witch overlays or any of the other skin overlays.

You can search for the files with the "namemap search" in the "finder" in SimPE.

They're called
pubodynakedburns-frost
cubodynakedburns-frost
umbodynakedburns-frost
ufbodynakedburns-frost
uufaceburns-frost
uuhairbaldburns-frost
(Edited)

The sunburns are the same, but "sun" instead of "frost" (in case you want to edit those sometime, too).

You'll want to extract the LIFO and TXTR resources, make a new file with these in, and then replace the PNGs with your edits. Don't edit the original files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 7:23 AM Last edited by guirnaldas : 5th Jan 2021 at 9:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's an overlay, found in the Seasons files. You can make a default replacement, much like you'd make one for the witch overlays or any of the other skin overlays.

You can search for the files with the "namemap search" in the "finder" in SimPE.

They're called
punakedburns-frost
umnakedburns-frost
ufnakedburns-frost
uufaceburns-frost
uuhairbaldburns-frost

The sunburns are the same, but "sun" instead of "frost" (in case you want to edit those sometime, too).

You'll want to extract the LIFO and TXTR resources, make a new file with these in, and then replace the PNGs with your edits. Don't edit the original files.

Thanks for the reply. I did find some but not all of the file names. However, I found some slightly different names that had the frost texture in them:

cubodynakedburns-frost
pubodynakedburns-frost
ufbodynakedburns-frost
umbodynakedburns-frost
uufaceburns-frost
uuhairbaldburns-frost

I went ahead and edit them (in a new file). I added 40% oppacity to them just to test but once installed I didn't see the slightest difference ingame. So either these are not the correct ones or the png must be save with specific parameters?

*Edit: Nevermind, I managed to do it. Only the overlay makes the skins look blurry ingame but at least now I can tell frost sims from vampires .
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 2:45 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Jan 2021 at 3:00 PM.
I probably just overlooked the child skin (and obviously missed the "body" part of the name - must have gotten away from me when I searched and then copy/pasta'd).
The "body" ones are of course supposed to be "--bodynakedburns-frost" with the age/gender in front.

You're probably going to need both the TXTRs and the LIFOs. The TXTRs usually have the textures sized 256x256 and below. The LIFOs have the 512x512 and 1024x1024 ones. You sometimes also need the TXMT files.

For CAS textures:
_txtr (usually x256 and below but has referenes to LIFOs if the item has LIFOs)
0_lifo (largest LIFO, usually 1024x1024)
1_lifo (smallest LIFO, usually 512x512)

If the game doesn't want to read the LIFO files, you can extract PNGs from the LIFOs and then "override" the smaller TXTRs by doing "build DXT" with DXT5 - this will add on the smaller sizes.

Again, make sure you're working in a new file with copies of the files you want to edit, and not directly with the game files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I probably just overlooked the child skin (and obviously missed the "body" part of the name - must have gotten away from me when I searched and then copy/pasta'd).
The "body" ones are of course supposed to be "--bodynakedburns-frost" with the age/gender in front.

You're probably going to need both the TXTRs and the LIFOs. The TXTRs usually have the textures sized 256x256 and below. The LIFOs have the 512x512 and 1024x1024 ones. You sometimes also need the TXMT files.

For CAS textures:
_txtr (usually x256 and below but has referenes to LIFOs if the item has LIFOs)
0_lifo (largest LIFO, usually 1024x1024)
1_lifo (smallest LIFO, usually 512x512)

If the game doesn't want to read the LIFO files, you can extract PNGs from the LIFOs and then "override" the smaller TXTRs by doing "build DXT" with DXT5 - this will add on the smaller sizes.

Again, make sure you're working in a new file with copies of the files you want to edit, and not directly with the game files.

Tried everything and the last bit made the trick. It works and the textures don't look blurry anymore! Thanks!