Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 10:03 PM
Default Robo dog
I just thought, if you have Open For Business, when you have your gold robotics talent badge, and if you own Sims 2 Pets, you should also be able to craft a robotic cat or dog as well as SERVO. Like K-9 off the old and one of the new Doctor Who ep's. Any one else think this would be a nice idea.
Advertisement
#2 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:20 PM
That would be cool. Good idea. I hope so, anyway. :/
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:38 PM
i've noticed that maxis rarely put in features that rely on the player having a previous ep - i suppose because it's not fair to those who don't have the previous ep because they've paid the money and yet can't get all the features. I reckon that's why there's never been any new cars since nightlife
#4 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 9:12 AM
That would be a great idea! But like Coolh5000 said they probably won't do it because it relies too heavily on a previous pack.
Then again they have pet shops so maybe a OFB bonus might be the key to Maxis getting more money
#5 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:20 AM
I hope they do
#6 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 2:50 PM
Tommy Vercetti. lol. Vice City. lol.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 4:00 PM
The neat thing about the expansion packs is that they interface with each other really neatly. Like, if you have Nightlife you can get cars, and if you have OFB you can run businesses. If you have both then you can run car dealerships!

On the other hand, though, I don't think I'd bother about crafting a robo-pet. I've got OFB but I don't really play the buisiness-running thing so much.
#8 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:38 PM
I love the idea - don't see it happening, but love it all the same... (whoo, Doctor Who fan)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:40 PM
Well it probably won't be long until someone out there cracks the code and is already making custom meshes and skins for pets. And even making entirely new pets, hey you never know. But personally I would love an electronic dog. I have always been fascinated with robotics and strive to make things to help around the house...That is in real life I mean. My first invention was a LEGO powered drink mixer. And then a LEGO sharpener. Ahh fun fun days.