Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 12:11 PM
Default Game Guide: Plant Sims
What's it like being a plant sim? What are the perks? How does one cure plantism? How are genetics for baby plant sims generated?

Can someone also please get a screenshot of Rose and Daisy Greenman for me, with no default replacements? I've already cured Rose in my game or I'd get a pic of her myself.

Please post your info here! You may post new tips, links to old threads that contain lots of good information, etc.

It will be added to this game guide, with credit to the original poster:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Help:Plant_Sims

Help S2C create the best game guides on the whole of the internets! Post your tips on Plant Sims here today, or I'll stick my tongue out at you. :nana:

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 11:57 AM

This is a picture of the Greenman family (I actually found it in the storytelling folder of the Riverblossom Hills neighbourhood and thought this is actually quite a good pic).

As you can see, when a sim becomes a plant sim they get a green skintone. They also only have 3 moods: Sunlight, Love and Water. This means they don't need sleep or food. Their lives are quite shorter than normal sims (by about 26 days) but because they never need to sleep, they can build skills long into the night. Toddler plant sims grow straight into adults and then to elders. Because of this, plant sims cannot go to college. Plant sims can reproduce asexually by using a self interaction. This spawns a new toddler plant sims straight away, no pregnancy. These offspring have the same genetics of the plant sim that created them. Plant sims can also reproduce via the "try for baby" interaction too.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 2:06 PM
This begs one important question: Do they still have aspirations, and can they sip the green revitalizer juice to prolong their shorter lives?
#4 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 3:54 PM
my observations:
they cannot stay too long into the night, as they need sunlight, lamps are useless. and the bar drops very fast too.

how to become plant people: Plant crops outside of green house so that the spray option are available more.

buy potions from the fortune teller to cure plant sims

plant sims wears the plant sims outfit at home even after they are cured.

plant sims can't go to work.
Banned
#5 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 4:01 PM
Actually, there are specific lamps in the gardening section which count as sunlight.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nixie
plant sims can't go to work.

This hasn't been my experience, as adult Daisy Greenman has NO problems whatsoever going to work (and with her being fortune aspiration in my game, she'd better!)

Note also that adult male plantsims come back pregnant from alien abduction, just like normal adult male sims -- another way they can reproduce.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 4:31 AM
Also, vampire/plantsim combos need to live at night, with those special lamps (found in build mode/gardening)
#8 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 5:51 AM
guess my plant sims is plain lazy!

It happen on 2 ocassions, my sims turn into a plant sims minutes before the car pool arrive and he absolutely refuse to go to work, kept insisting on running to the bathroom for a drink of water. Maybe if he had the water earlier and not minutes before the car pool, he will go to work. I'll try that.

PS: the french sims, thats a very beautiful picture of you and loli
#9 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 4:56 AM
All plant sims can reproduce like normal sims, but the kids they have normally will be normal sims. They can also spawn toddlers, which just go through three stages of life (Toddler, Adult, and Elder), but these toddlers are born plant sims and have all of their parent's skills plus a gold gardening badge.
#10 Old 10th May 2007 at 10:20 AM
Summary:

BECOMING
Overuse of pesticides turn them into plants

NEEDS
Sunlight: Go outside in the morning or use a sunlamp.
Love: Just like Social, but they can talk to plants. Reduced relationship won't give much Love though.
Water: Just give them a bath.

LIFESPAN
Shorter lifespan than regular sims

CURE
A potion from the matchmaker.

REPRODUCTION:
Alien Impregation (Males)
Regular Birth (Females)
Asexual Reproduction (NEW!)
*In asexual reproduction, the offspring toddler will have the same skills and genes as the parent, along with a GOLD gardening badge

EP COMBINATIONS
Uni: N/A. Plant sims cannot go to university
NL: Add sunlamps everywhere to be safe
OFB: Because of their excellent gardening skills, they can make a selling fortune!
Pets: They won't be eaten by animals, ok?

EP LIFE STATE COMBINATIONS
Alien: Plausible
Zombie: Plausible
Vampire: Can only live at night, with sunlamps
Servo: N/A
Werewolf: Plausible
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 8:37 AM
if a plantsim turn to vampire, will he/she retain the three needs or the regular needs?
or if a vamp turn to plantsim, will he/she retain the regular needs or the three needs?

same to werewolf and zombie...
and aliens, if possible...

and can you pls post a pic of an alien/zombie/vamp/werewolf/plantsim
heehee
#12 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cosmough
if a plantsim turn to vampire, will he/she retain the three needs or the regular needs?
or if a vamp turn to plantsim, will he/she retain the regular needs or the three needs?

same to werewolf and zombie...
and aliens, if possible...

and can you pls post a pic of an alien/zombie/vamp/werewolf/plantsim
heehee

Plantsim mode overrides the regular needs. So in vamprism and plantsim state, you have 3 needs. Except for the Sun need, your needs drop quick in sunlight, but slower against regular needs. Water will drop the fastest, however.
#13 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
Plant sims can reproduce asexually by using a self interaction. This spawns a new toddler plant sims straight away, no pregnancy. These offspring have the same genetics of the plant sim that created them.

Actually, plant-toddlers don't have the same genetic as their parent. If that is true, then plant-toddler wolud look and behave absolutely the same as their plant-parent, but as we can see on Daisy and Rose's example, it's not so.
In fact, there is something called "Universal plant father" in the game. All spawned plant-babies have his DNA too. Have you noticed that many spawned babies turn out ugly? That's because father's ugly!
(Picture taken by ppinkstaff at InSim)

If you want a bit prettier father (so your little sprouts are prettier too ), then you can download a mod here.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 4:34 AM
I found that if you put a few Vampire Plantsims in a pool during the day they will be alright. It looks like there needs are going down but they get LOVE (if you have them play games), WATER (being in the pool), and SUNLIGHT (which is starge cause they are vamps.)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 4:07 PM
If one has a plant sim who is impregnated the normal way (via male/female woohoo) will the offspring be a normal sim? Will it carry on any genetic traits of the plant sim?
Theorist
#16 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 4:11 PM
It will be a normal sim, I believe. A plantbaby can only be obtained by using 'spawn plantbaby' option, IIRC.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 8:16 AM
Can an elder plantain spawn a plantbaby?
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 8:33 AM
Two of my plantsims who tried for a baby (the normal way) ended up with black babies even though the other parent was white.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we have a winner! Jendra9311, come and claim the prize for the most notorious thread necromancy in the history of [insert shit here].

On a more serious note, if you have some funny/random questions, try asking them in the Stupid/random questions thread instead. Necroing a 6 year old thread is no fun.

Well, it is a Game Guide Thread, so it should be okay to post in it... :/
Mad Poster
#20 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 4:00 PM
The Guide was most likely updated years ago. Maybe threads like this should be locked once they've served their purpose to avoid necromancers. XD
Field Researcher
#21 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 5:58 PM
I just typed "Can an elder plantain spawn a plantbaby?" into google and this came up on the first page. Either not many people ask the question - or not many people know the answer :P

When plantsims spawn a plantbaby, there is no pregnancy, so do they HAVE be adults or can they do this as an elder? Elder male sims can have a child, since they dont get pregnant either.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:07 PM
Since a plantain is a kind of banana, that's not particularly surprising.

New person on forum does a search, tries to post appropriately, is easily confused - could happen to anybody.

I've never had a plantsim, so don't know the answer; nor the one about the skins. Regarding the capability of elders to spawn, however, what I say is: Try It. If it doesn't work, the answer's no.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Undead Molten Llama
#23 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:36 PM
Aw, c'mon, Peni. It's well-known that plantains magically spawn all the time. Where have you been?

Actually, probably all these "game guide" threads could use some updating...although I imagine that's mostly done through the wiki these days,

I, too, do not know if elder PlantSims can spawn plantbabies, even though I play PlantSims (and all other "supernaturals") quite a lot. But the best way to find out is to click on one and see if the option to "Grow Plantbaby" is on their pie menu. If it is, they can. If it isn't, they can't.

I would like to say, for the benefit of anyone who might read this thread now that it's been bumped, that vampire/plantsim hybrids are totally viable and extremely easy Sims to play, due to the reduced number of needs. All you have to do is hang a sunlamp (which needs to be turned on, of course) over the coffin while they sleep during the day. Somehow, those magical UV rays penetrate the coffin lid but do not fry the sleeping hybrid. That said, because they are very easy, they can be boring, especially if your general play consists mostly of tending to needs. So long as you've got sunlamps in their house for when they're up at at night, all a plantvamp really needs is an occasional shower or going outside in the rain (at night, of course) to replenish their water need, aside from being sociable in some manner. So, they require something else to keep them interesting for their immortal, mostly-need-free life. That's the real challenge in playing them.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:42 PM
Ah, but if I wait until my plantsim is an elder, try to spawn a plantbaby, find out I can't... what then? My entire plantsim family dies out! :O I can't recall any good (non-glitchy) cheats to turn the elder back into an adult if the elder thing doesn't work out. As far as I recall, all the elixir of life, etc, would only maker her a very young elder and not turn her back into an adult.

The other option is to have two plantsim generations for every standard sim generation.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:47 PM
Open test neighborhood. Cheat plantsim to elder, or elder to plantsim. Attempt spawn. Note success/failure. Close test neighborhood. Go to regular neighborhood. Apply knowledge.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 1 of 2