Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3651 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
If your lot has room, build a small fenced enclosure, place the bin inside it, and lock the gate to allow "Household only". Brandi Broke's house comes with an area like that - I always take the flowering shrubs out and put the bin in there. This is a real sanity saver.
I always put my locked bin enclosure right at the back of the lot. Then watch the mean sims as they spend a few minutes diabolically giggling to themselves, then several sim hours gleefully creeping up on the bin, and then that final sigh and shoulder slump of defeat when they realise they can't get to the bin. Then I laugh as they take another few sim hours to walk all the way back to the lot portal! If you put a hedge maze or other obstacles in the way, even more fun! :D
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3652 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
It doesn't work. You have to wait until the bus has gone, then tell Gavin to walk to school. The game does sometimes pick Ginger to stay home, though, even without Flexischool, so I don't think it's the NID that determines it.

Weird. Because I have a faint memory of Ginger staying home while Gavin went to school and held down a part time job. When the school bus showed up, I just cancelled Ginger's 'Go to School' action and directed Gavin to get the bus. Unless the game does something where even if Ginger is home Gavin thinks no one is home, I have no idea. I might have to check the household in one of my other hoods to check this out. Seems odd, but interesting.

The NID thing was just me throwing in a possible cause, if that's not it, then that's a theory dead.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
If your lot has room, build a small fenced enclosure, place the bin inside it, and lock the gate to allow "Household only". Brandi Broke's house comes with an area like that - I always take the flowering shrubs out and put the bin in there. This is a real sanity saver.

Thanks for the idea, I'll keep this in mind!

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#3653 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 3:07 PM
The word "mod conflict" leaps to mind, simply because this is so weird and weird usually means mod conflict. I've played the Newsons several times and sometimes the game tripped me up on which one stayed home on a particular day, but I've been able both to alternate and to keep Ginger home. I've sometimes had to finesse my timing in cases of caretaker conflict, but this is extreme. You could experiment with other sims who are supposed to leave about the same time - put two parents in the same job so that they leave at the same time and see if you can get more parameters but if it's a mod conflict then the old 50/50 is probably faster.

The simplest solution, of course, is to hire a nanny. The Newsons have plenty of money to bear the expense for the four days of toddlerhood if you do a careful build for them, or rent them a suitable apartment. By which I do not mean a Maxis one! My own Manufactured Homes were designed with the Newsons and Ottomai in mind and I'm sure a little poking around will turn up many others that would work for them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#3654 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 9:08 PM
Well, whoever may have that problem in the future can work it out that way. My Garrett and Georgia are kids now, and though Gavin now has an F in school, he's got plenty of time to make it up before college.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#3655 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 12:01 AM
Strange tendency what ACR has is to send my sims woohoo an hour before carpool comes.
"And now you are going to sleep for 5 minutes?"
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3656 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 2:15 AM
Well, what else are you going to do in that awkward time between the 'carpool will arrive in an hour' and 'beep beep'?
Mad Poster
#3657 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 3:27 AM
As a married person? This is the first thing about ACR that sounds realistic to me.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3658 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The word "mod conflict" leaps to mind, simply because this is so weird and weird usually means mod conflict. I've played the Newsons several times and sometimes the game tripped me up on which one stayed home on a particular day, but I've been able both to alternate and to keep Ginger home. I've sometimes had to finesse my timing in cases of caretaker conflict, but this is extreme. You could experiment with other sims who are supposed to leave about the same time - put two parents in the same job so that they leave at the same time and see if you can get more parameters but if it's a mod conflict then the old 50/50 is probably faster.

The simplest solution, of course, is to hire a nanny. The Newsons have plenty of money to bear the expense for the four days of toddlerhood if you do a careful build for them, or rent them a suitable apartment. By which I do not mean a Maxis one! My own Manufactured Homes were designed with the Newsons and Ottomai in mind and I'm sure a little poking around will turn up many others that would work for them.

If it's a mod, it's InTeen, but I'm pretty sure it was the same in pure vanilla. And nannies are banned in all my hoods for being a useless waste of space - I used to murder them with great regularity, so now I ban them for their own protection.

I have occasionally put the Newsons with the Goodies, but Flexischool for Ginger seems to have worked this time around.
Field Researcher
#3659 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 2:56 PM
"That's hilarious and a little... disturbing!"

I said that to myself when I was playing one of my mini-megahoods and Dina Ross got invited on an outing from Marty Anderson. The "disturbing" part is that the previous day, Dina had met Daniel Pleasant and they, literally, had spent all the day together (you can imagine how )! Marty Anderson works in the Athletic career too and he is Daniel's BFF, "bro", whatever! So when Dina got the call and Marty said "after the great time my friend Daniel had with you last night..." I felt a little weird! Of cource, Dina Ross is no saint so she had no problem at all to meet Marty and his other friends. At least it's the Sims, if this happened IRL, things would have gotten a different meaning...
Mad Poster
#3660 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 3:09 AM
"Who do you expect to pay you for that?" I ask Nathan Gavigan as he plops down a tip jar and starts playing the piano in his rec room, at two in the morning, while his entire family sleeps.

Mad Poster
#3661 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 11:34 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 29th Dec 2020 at 1:28 AM. Reason: Punctuational pedantry!
I said to Julian, "Why don't you get into bed with Andrew?"

He must have been listening, because that's exactly what he did. He walked across the living room, went into the master bedroom where he took his clothes off (well, what little he was wearing!) and climbed into the big comfortable bed beside Andrew. Minutes later they were snuggled up together with the light out.

Trouble was they weren't at home, and it wasn't their bed! It was Christmas Day, and the Jeffreys family had invited Julian for the day. Julian in turn invited Andrew (now his husband) to come and join them and roast the turkey for the Christmas Dinner. It was quite late before they ate, as the family weren't really hungry, but late in the afternoon, Andrew did his stuff and made a delicious meal for them. I suppose Andrew felt that he'd earned a rest, and he didn't fancy the long journey home -- at least not yet. . . . And Peter and Jemma's marital bed seemed very inviting. So, some time between 10 and 11, he slipped away from the festivities, and climbed into that bed, and was soon fast asleep. And then, soon after eleven, with only a little verbal encouragement from me, Julian went and joined him. Both were of course completely autonomous. (I have a "Sleep on Community Lots" mod which has the side effect of letting your visitors go to sleep in your bed instead of going home.)

What am I to do with these boys? And what are Peter and Jemma to do? Sleep on the sofas? It's not easy to shoo the boy who cooked your Christmas Dinner out of bed.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3662 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 6:00 PM
After the third time cancelling a "splash" action while the rain is ongoing: "Stop calling down lightning!"

Instructor
#3663 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 4:04 AM
After an unlucky hiking: "STOP being chased by bees AT ONCE!"
Link Ninja
#3664 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 4:11 AM
Frat bro sim: *as he waits for the grocery delivery, picks up a piece of pizza that had been left out*

Me: "NO. Put that down, it has flies on it, you grossf***."

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#3665 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 3:00 PM
"We're on an island and I can't do a damn beach lot."
Why are there so few and why do they fit nowhere.

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#3666 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 3:44 PM
Because it's really hard to get the angle of the shore right in combination with a close enough street in Sim City 4.

"Stop calling so she can throw her party! Why do you want to ruin her birthday?"

Lab Assistant
#3667 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 12:21 AM Last edited by HubbaHop : 24th Jan 2021 at 10:10 AM.
"Oh wow, you are fun at parties!"

William Zimmermann (né Williamson) returned from work during a birthday party for his toddler twins. In the special event sequence where his daughter grew up to a child, he walked in and took away the cake to throw it away.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Top Secret Researcher
#3668 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HubbaHop
"Oh wow, you are fun at parties!"

William Zimmermann (né Williamson) returned from work during a birthday party for his toddler twins. In the special event sequence where is daughter grew up to a child, he walked in and took away the cake to throw it away.

Ginger Newson did that to Garrett's cake! Everyone had to eat from Georgia's.

=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#3669 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 4:02 AM
I just found myself saying, irritated: Have sex already!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#3670 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 3:31 PM
"Stop bringing David Ottomas home! Do you want to die?!"

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the David Ottomas as a sim; he's a sweet boy with interesting features. However, in Plague Town he has the flu, so if he stays for too long... people get sick. Why not cure him? I like to play on the edge...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#3671 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 2:23 AM
"Get back in here! You're a grown man. You are NOT going up on the roof to jump in puddles in your pyjamas!"
Mad Poster
#3672 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 5:30 AM
My past games Eli and Ami you guy have to stop trying to sneak snacks while starving and cook proper meals instead.I downloaded a no autonomous fridge patch and installed it so they can't do that anymore and must be directted to get food which means they make better choices with mealtimes now.
Forum Resident
#3673 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 9:44 AM
"Yes - go and look at insects, you crazy bastard."

"...That's kinda hot."

"No! I was gonna attack you!"

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#3674 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 1:10 PM
Often when I'm playing I'll start sounding like a WUM parody. "Don't fall asleep when it is half past five! Oh no, you're never gonna sleep tonight!"

=^..^=
Instructor
#3675 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 7:04 PM
"Still hungry. I guess make spaghetti now, just try not to burn that too...."

If Pascal's still hungry even after this he's getting a bag of chips.
Page 147 of 168