Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3501 Old 28th Sep 2023 at 11:50 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 29th Sep 2023 at 2:58 AM.
After playing with the new pack. It feels like a patch that didn’t actually patch anything and was sold to us later. I like that, finally, Sims will buy something, maybe sit down, then eat it, or buy based on a variety of preferences, and won’t just buy something at a 300% markup. Basically, they created a problem, fixed it, but didn’t actually fix anything.

Additionally, sims will purchase a SERVING SIZE, rather than an entire tray of food. For years, I wanted to sell ice cream. You would serve a flavor and sims would just buy the whole container. LO AND BEHOLD, Sims will now not only get a serving, but choose a bow or a cone. They’ll easy sit down and eat. What a concept.

All of these cute new features were not integrated into retail, or the previous sales table system. Something as basic as Sims grabbing a serving of food and eating would fundamentally change retail as a career as players can actually serve food without Dine Out.

Lastly, I hate how every sales table they release looks slapped together. What if I want a nicer, more professional looking stall? What if I want something for indoors?

Edit: I tried to run a pizzeria. Please explain to me how a pizza I made for $20 is selling for $7. Why is food retail sales broken?

I also thought Sims would do the whole cooking process for making pizza - cutting tomatoes or whatever. Nope. It saves no time.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Theorist
#3502 Old 29th Sep 2023 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Edit: I tried to run a pizzeria. Please explain to me how a pizza I made for $20 is selling for $7. Why is food retail sales broken?

I also thought Sims would do the whole cooking process for making pizza - cutting tomatoes or whatever. Nope. It saves no time.

This is a metaphor in reverse.

EA charges $40 for a pack, players get $7.00 worth of stuff. You wanted onion with that pizza ( pack), that will cost you a extra $5.00.

There is meme somewhere about this. I can't be bothered to go look for it.
Page 141 of 141