Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10251 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
Recently, I've jumped back into Sims 2 and renovated Sedona's old gas station. The neighborhood is growing enough and there is suppose to be a military base nearby.

I'm considering turning a shopping district into the imaginary military base so it will no longer be so imaginary. I've never tried turning a sub-neighborhood into anything but what it's meant to be. Since I'm in a mood for building, it should be an interesting chance for something new.

Thing is I know nothing about military bases, except for what a Commissary (Base grocery) and an Exchange (Base department store) are. Guess I'll have quite a bit of research ahead.

==
I turned the 2 "barracks" into a base, in Strangetown. Had to alter both of the buildings to look like barracks; communal bathrooms and bunk rooms, flat roofs. Then added a PX lot; then put a big fence around all of those, with hood fencing, so from the hood view it looks right. Should have set the PX on a big lot, then put a fake "guard house" with a gate at the front.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#10252 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I would start by making a clean environment, so having the mods to stop unnecessary NPC generation in-game and removing all unnecessary templates. Then I would make an empty world, and use Mootilda's HoodReplace to copy the terrain, decorations and lots from Riverblossom that I wanted. You'd have to make sure the lots you copy were empty- move out sims and lotclean them. Then you would have a clean, empty version of the world to work with.

But I want to makeover the hood with the sims... Else I would just have used the sc4 file and made all the lots from scratch-
I just... this seems easy yet I kinda don't understand it-

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#10253 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 3:31 AM
BaST news. I have gotten in contact with Hugo Kant. They have stated that they [Hugo and his publisher] are open to the idea of licensing the tracks and even re-recording them. They're asking price is of 500 Euros (608 USD) per track.

I still haven't heard back from The Cruxshadows yet.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#10254 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
But I want to makeover the hood with the sims... Else I would just have used the sc4 file and made all the lots from scratch-

If I have got this right, it should be doable, but take some work. You would First of all need a copy of Riverblossom Hills that you have never played. Probably best to get this copy in a separate setup of the game, so you don't accidentally include any CC in a future upload. Just pulling the Downloads folder temporarily might work, but I think you would need clean templates for the stealth hoods - I might be wrong about that, though, and in that case someone more knowledgeable will correct me, I'm sure . This gives you all the sim families living in lots in the game, and if you haven't got anything in your game that prevents it (like a clean template that take away any bin families in the hood), you should also have Alexandra O'Mackey (I think she's the only sim in the sim bin for Riverblossom Hills?). Then you need a neighbourhood to build in and decorate to make your small village (which somes lovely, I really hope you get this done at some point because I would love to see the result!). Using the HoodReplace program you'd swap the look of your clean copy of Riverblossom Hills with the look of the neighbourhood you decorated - the sims and their houses will still be there. I've only done this in an inhabited neighbourhood once, and I think I only had three households at the time, so for me all went smoothly - I know things may get a bit messy and need fixing, but there was so much helpful info in the HoodReplace thread. As far as I can see, this madeover Riverblossom Hills should be possible to share. It would contain only what Maxis put in it, apart from the changes you've made to the look of the neighbourhood.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10255 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Oh I see- I thought you wanted to make it over without the sims! In that case you can just load up a fresh copy of the hood in a clean environment, skip the bits about the Hoodreplace.
Top Secret Researcher
#10256 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 12:55 PM
I'm jealous of everyone who can play sc4. Tried for several hours to get it to work yesterday on windows 7 but the closest i got to was the world, as soon as I try to enter a city it crashes. I haven't played that game for many years!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#10257 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 5:17 AM
I used to use writing lot descriptions as an excuse to take a break from writing grad school papers... but ever since I finished school, I don't have that excuse, and now I always wind up sitting on completed lots for way too long because I don't get around to writing stories for them!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#10258 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 6:00 AM
The obvious solution to that is, to write other things so you'll need a break from it!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#10259 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The obvious solution to that is, to write other things so you'll need a break from it!

So you're saying I should get a PhD, right?

Mad Poster
#10260 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 10:46 PM
If that's what it takes, but I was thinking about articles, novels, short stories, answering all your e-mails, whatever.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#10261 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If that's what it takes, but I was thinking about articles, novels, short stories, answering all your e-mails, whatever.

Oh yeah... right... I knew that.. I'm certainly not in ANY way looking for excuses to go back to grad school... yeah...

Top Secret Researcher
#10262 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 3:20 PM
Warning: Don't use the inventory transfer vase unless you have to. There's a risk of an error that doesn't go away. I think I just lost hours of gameplay because of it, because the saving never finished, waited for like 20 minutes. (Haven't bothered to open the game again and check, I'm totally put off now.)

Top Secret Researcher
#10263 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 10:12 PM
I kinda want to think up a Being Human challenge for sims but I can't quite figure out where the "challenge" bit comes in.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#10264 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 4:40 AM
Now I remember why I don't try to make diagonal rooms that look as if they're oriented normally... SO MUCH PLAYTESTING....

Scholar
#10265 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 12:44 AM
ACR, 20 barely monogamous pairs, and cutscene camera on was a BAD IDEA! fights, sanity losses and 3 different woohoo sessions while I was typing this message out. err 4... 3 couples did it.
Mad Poster
#10266 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 6:28 PM
My build neighborhood has lots of WIPs taking up space, but the problem I'm running into now is that I also have lots of massive scrap lots, where I just have a single tester Sim living there and use those lots to test configurations of rooms or items to make sure they'll work before I incorporate them into a lot for upload. Sometimes this means they're ideas that I may not actually have a WIP to use them in, but they're an idea that came to me and I wanted to test, and then when I find out that it works, I don't want to scrap the lot until I've used it, and they're getting in the way!

Mad Poster
#10267 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I kinda want to think up a Being Human challenge for sims but I can't quite figure out where the "challenge" bit comes in.

1. Trying to interrupt actions when someone comes to talk with (yell at) your sim.
2. Trying to get a sim understand "This is mine" and "This is not mine"
Top Secret Researcher
#10268 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
1. Trying to interrupt actions when someone comes to talk with (yell at) your sim.
2. Trying to get a sim understand "This is mine" and "This is not mine"

I meant like the BBC show, lol.

=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#10269 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 11:02 PM
I recreated this scene from Lost in TS2 when the series first came out and that's how I discovered "leaping into arms" is a romantic interaction.

Lab Assistant
#10270 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 11:24 PM
I've noticed with my recent BACCs that having plantsims or servos in the challenge would make BACC incredibly easy to finish, because you can create/give a birth to pretty much infinite amount of sims with them (if the servo has the golden robotics badge which i think it will have if one doesn't have a mod that doesn't make the servo get the badges from the creator automatically?). The hardest part is just to have a sim become plantsim and to have a sim get the golden badge to create the first servo.

It doesn't help that plantsims can also have babies even when elders and that plantsims age very quickly, meaning you could make multiple generations in just very short amount of time. You could even finish Legacy challenge very quickly with just plantsims. With servos you could just have one sim either make multiple servos and/or have the servos create new servos.

Not that i dislike it though. I don't do this myself because it feels very cheaty but i'm sure it'd be useful info for people who want to finish a challenge quickly.
Top Secret Researcher
#10271 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 2:52 AM
One small correction though: Servos get the skills of the sim that started them, but not badges. They will instead get random badges. Could be gold, silver or bronze, several or none.
Doesn't matter if the sim that made them has all 11 badges in gold, they still get random badges.

Top Secret Researcher
#10272 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 2:52 PM
I wanna build right now.
No, play.
No, build!
No, PLAY!

And continue the argument for however long it takes to start up the game.

=^..^=
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10273 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 3:53 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 30th Dec 2020 at 6:22 PM.
PLAY!!

I always want to play. I think building is a chore. But my Sims need somewhere to live, somewhere to shop and somewhere to go and enjoy themselves.

And I suppose there's a sense of satisfaction when I see them happily living, shopping and enjoying themselves in places I built for them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#10274 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 4:06 PM
I don't build often, but when I do I get in the zone.

Mad Poster
#10275 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 12:04 AM
Thought about sharing my Egyptian 'hood, Nhw-Wr, but when it came time to sort out what CC I used I realized I had over 2GB of CC used for the neighborhood. So that won't work for sharing it unless I uploaded my entire CC folder and said hey, download this and you'll have all you ever need to run any neighborhood of mine. But that's not practical...

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Page 411 of 514