Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#76 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@liaD85How do you use it? I downloaded them the other day, I think it needs another file. I put the game on the card table and they sat there not doing anything.

I tested the clue game by placing it in the yard with moveobjects on, so that it was just floating as if on an invisible table, and put some chairs around it. I noticed that the sims seemed to just have the animations from mahjong where they looked at the board, as if waiting for their turn. However, their fun motive did increase while sitting there. I think the creator just stripped the rest of the animations as they might not have fit with the game. I haven't tested the other games yet.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:55 PM
And you got this where?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 9:00 PM
I believe at Around the Sims 2.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#79 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 9:26 PM
I didn't have chairs around the card table when I placed it. I probably had move objects on though, perhaps that's why it didn't work. I could click the table and have a sim sit there but that's all he did, sat unmoving except his eyes blinked, it was slightly creepy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#80 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I didn't have chairs around the card table when I placed it. I probably had move objects on though, perhaps that's why it didn't work. I could click the table and have a sim sit there but that's all he did, sat unmoving except his eyes blinked, it was slightly creepy.

Yeah. I place Clue on an existing table and the game/table pushed the chairs away. However, when I placed the new chairs up to the table, it worked fine after I clicked on the game.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 2:52 PM
Well it seems to be working but they just sit there and twiddle their thumbs, which looks a little weird.
Forum Resident
#82 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Well it seems to be working but they just sit there and twiddle their thumbs, which looks a little weird.

That's weird. I know I had to give them a minute to start playing, but once they started, it looked like they were playing Mahjong (even if the board game said Clue or Scrabble).

So, I am proud to say that I have not downloaded one thing today.

It's a delicate balance.
Test Subject
#83 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 5:57 PM
I thankfully am a recovering custom content addict, I used to have about 8,000 items in my downloads folder but now I only have 1 thousand! (High five anyone?) I can totally understand though because when I used to try and minimize the amount I always ended up removing only like 2 things and constantly saying "Don't worry I will use this stuff." but I never did In the sims 4 I now only have 31 items! Fist bump the air!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#84 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 9:26 PM
Ah.. whats so bad about having 8.000 items? My old game has 52,000 and if if it wasn't so slow to load I would have even more. Guilty? What about? It's all free. I will never get the whole, I have less yah! like we are talking about less smoking or drinking or something really bad for you. CC is not bad for you or the people around you. So what exactly is so great about having less? Sorry to sound so combative but i have seen this again and again over ten years and still don't get it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#85 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 12:42 AM
I don't get it either. Starting out by referring to using CC as an addiction as if you were going to steal your grandmother's life savings to get more cc is kind of silly. If I want 15,000 walls or 10,000 sweaters, so what? It doesn't hurt anybody. Why try to shame people and make them defensive about using CC? If it's so bad, forums should stop offering it. Creators should stop creating. The game was designed for players to create custom items. There's no fundamental rule that says you're not supposed to use it. If you don't like it, delete it, but congratulating each other on how low you can go makes no sense and implies that people who have a lot of cc are guilty of something.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 1:39 AM
Sure, I'm a CC'holic..that's not so bad, as compared to some real addictions that one can have, and I have seen them-not a pretty sight at all. No, I can live with a computer that's a little slower because I can't live without 2000 walls or floors-and let's get real, it's not like we're gonna hold up a drugstore to get our fix.

Far better to be a Sims CCholic than anything else, I reckon. It's safer and more fun (that is, until the computer gives up the ghost..)

From a very proud and cheerfully admitted CC downloader. (My computer groans in sympathy, though..)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#87 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:13 AM
So I didn't make it through the day. There's no shame in that. I got some nice bedroom sets for my teens and toddlers.

It's a delicate balance.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#88 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eliset
If it's so bad, forums should stop offering it. Creators should stop creating.

Noooo. You take that back and take it back right now! Stop creating?!? Never. I tried, it didn't work. I was bit by the creating bug years ago.. which means I'm worse off than most of the rest of you! Not only do I download cc like it's going out of style, I make it too!
Inventor
#89 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Noooo. You take that back and take it back right now! Stop creating?!? Never. I tried, it didn't work. I was bit by the creating bug years ago.. which means I'm worse off than most of the rest of you! Not only do I download cc like it's going out of style, I make it too!

o_O

I LOVE YOUR PLUMBOB OF PRAISE!!!

Sorry. I had to get that off my chest. I also love catz cats. I love chickens twice as much, but I do love cats.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:42 AM
Don't you (or any other creator) dare stop creating CC! Please!
I like new and shiny stuff...all the time!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#91 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Don't you (or any other creator) dare stop creating CC! Please!
I like new and shiny stuff...all the time!

Amen.. what she said :lovestruc

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#92 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
That's weird. I know I had to give them a minute to start playing, but once they started, it looked like they were playing Mahjong (even if the board game said Clue or Scrabble).

Apparently I didn't wait long enough. It's now working.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:31 AM
Thanks! I grabbed them.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#94 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:34 AM
Mine is working since turning off move objects before placing the chairs

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#95 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 12:09 AM
Got trapped by Trapping site. Help!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 7:14 PM
Adding on even though "This thread has not had a reply for 57 months." LOL!!
So I obviously belong here. I love finding all kinds of random cc, but sometimes go through phases. For example, I hated that ugly game console, so I went looking for a nicer one...and downloaded 10 others! Stuff like that. Right now I'm into grabbing community lots. Preferably no-cc because I revamp it by filling it with all kinds of cc.
I used to feel kind of guilty, like, is this a genuine addiction?? Shouldn't I have a more productive hobby than this??
But I've made peace with it and see it more as a creative outlet and stress decompression right now. I mean, the housework and my actual job is still getting done??!! Haha.
Just wanted to share the insanity. I'm loving the cc right now!
Mad Poster
#97 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 12:02 AM
I didn't think I was that bad with dlwoloading CC except that I went on a major shopping spree earier and downloaded tons of new CC and my game is already inseanely loaded with CC and Mods to slow loading down on anybody else's computer and it's hardly even altered the loading speed on my 8 year old laptop which can load it in less than three minutes even on a very bad day.
Page 4 of 4