Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#25976 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 10:27 PM Last edited by trambling101 : 15th Jan 2021 at 10:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ You most likely need some kind of emulator to run SimPE, whichever version. I don't think there is a Mac version.
As for which to use? No idea. Not sure if they're backwards compatible, but I think so? I think most would be able to extract the mesh and recolors and any other items.

Not sure if fridges have extra functions between BG and BV, but it's possible - if not, you could try making it BG compatible (but I can't guarantee anything, and it could depend whether the fridge was cloned from a BG item or not) - https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...tible_Checklist.

If you have to remake it, making it compatible with your current game should be fine.

Yeah I can run it on Parallels on Windows Vista 7, I figured out how to run HoodChecker for the first time earlier this week (and I've played TS2 on Mac for ages ). Good thing I've finally learnt how to remove all that pesky corruption of non-existent Sims befriending themselves.

Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
Fridges picked up Make Meal and Make Many in OFB, then Get/Store Leftovers in Seasons, so Trambling would probably want to account for those functions.

Those are the functions I'm looking for. So there's probably a tutorial on here that I can follow right? Based on this thread which version of SimPE should I download? Do I get the 0.73 version or..... ?

Also, is there any tool that exists that can tell me if something I downloaded is broken or that I don't have the right EP installed?

Call me Seth!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#25977 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 10:45 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Jan 2021 at 10:59 PM.
I think with 0.73 it picks up whichever games you have installed - at least for Windows - so if you were on a Windows computer I think the 0.73 version would be the one you'd want, but I don't have a clue how or if it would work with a Mac. Would most likely be issues with the game paths, and probably with the program itself, too. You'll probably want to look up some how-tos (if there are any). Only did a couple quick searches, but this is the only result on SimPE with Mac I got so far: https://modthesims.info/t/520348 - not sure if there's anything newer.

I guess it would work if you run it with a full Windows emulator, because I think it may need some of the Windows framework to run, but I think you'd have to install the game there, too (most likely the Windows version of the game?) - I doubt SimPE would be particularly friendly with the Mac version of the game. (If you need help with this, it's probably best to make a Mac help topic over in the Help section).
Field Researcher
#25978 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think with 0.73 it picks up whichever games you have installed - at least for Windows - so if you were on a Windows computer I think the 0.73 version would be the one you'd want, but I don't have a clue how or if it would work with a Mac. Would most likely be issues with the game paths, and probably with the program itself, too. You'll probably want to look up some how-tos (if there are any). Only did a couple quick searches, but this is the only result on SimPE with Mac I got so far: https://modthesims.info/t/520348 - not sure if there's anything newer.

I guess it would work if you run it with a full Windows emulator, because I think it may need some of the Windows framework to run, but I think you'd have to install the game there, too (most likely the Windows version of the game?) - I doubt SimPE would be particularly friendly with the Mac version of the game. (If you need help with this, it's probably best to make a Mac help topic over in the Help section).

I've already figured out how to set up my game path with HoodChecker so that's not a concern. There's also this thread which offered a bunch of help. I established a saved file location of the Mac files which can be read while using Windows (which was kind of tricky to figure out) so I'd assume that would be the same while operating SimPE?

Do you think that I should make a guide on how I set it up on my up-to-date (Big Sur) Mac?

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#25979 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 12:45 AM
Have a new Uni hood (I didn't make it); Secret Society isn't working, I added one - if it DID actually have one, will the 2nd one cause a problem? Will no-dormie-regen cause them to not populate?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#25980 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 1:59 AM Last edited by trambling101 : 17th Jan 2021 at 4:15 AM.
Sorry to spam here, I actually am having a similar issue as @grammapat above but I posted my questions with University over here. I have nodormieregen installed and I'm almost certain that extra dormies have still been generated in my uni hood? Would clearing my accessories.cache fix this? I also noticed that the Garden Club member and Matchmaker have never shown up on any of my new family's lots, except for the first Test family that I created and I'm pretty sure that I don't have any mods stopping their visit.

Edit: I think nodormieregen is actually working, nvm, I'm just paranoid.. still wondering about the visitors though

Also @grammapat the Pescado mod preventing SS members spawning is nossrespawn, do you have that installed?

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#25981 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 6:36 AM
The original Visitor Controller stops Garden Club and gypsy appearing by default, also Ms.C. is banned. There is new version by Midgethetree where they are allowed and you need ban them.
Lab Assistant
#25982 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 3:39 PM
Are all the exercise objects barring the exercise bike and ballet bare non-autonomous for residential lots? I've placed a few treadmills in some lots, and some of the other green exercise machines but my sims never used them autonomously, but they did use the ballet barre and exercise bike.
Mad Poster
#25983 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 4:43 PM
Yes. This has of course been tweaked by somebody and gyms are much livelier after applying it. I'd tell you who fixed it if I remembered. You can ask in the WCIF forum; somebody's bound to know there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#25984 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 8:09 PM
iCad fixed a lot of autonomy stuff. Might be on her tumblr.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#25985 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101

Also @grammapat the Pescado mod preventing SS members spawning is nossrespawn, do you have that installed?

Yes, I DO have that, thought it not stop the initial creation of SS members (with a Secret Society lot installed), thought it just didn't create replacements if some died.

Mad Poster
#25986 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
iCad fixed a lot of autonomy stuff. Might be on her tumblr.

Linkie to her Simblr? It would be useful to me and everyone else. :P

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#25987 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 4:41 AM
I just downloaded a bunch of default replacements for original game hairs and my big question is... why did EA think our sims needed diving helmets??? Anyway, they're gone now!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25988 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkySays
I just downloaded a bunch of default replacements for original game hairs and my big question is... why did EA think our sims needed diving helmets??? Anyway, they're gone now!

Maybe for the oceanography career?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25989 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Linkie to her Simblr? It would be useful to me and everyone else. :P
https://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.com/. Her name on tumblr is dramallamadingdang, which is fun, but I think iCad is easier to remember. I see she's now mainly on pillowfort.

You recently tried to send me a PM, but I'm afraid my inbox is massively over-full, and it will take some time to clear it. Would you care to send me an email instead? My profile is configured to receive emails from MTS members. On the Posts and Groups tab of my profile there should be a button to "Send message via email" (next to the "Send private message" button). Thanks!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#25990 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
You recently tried to send me a PM, but I'm afraid my inbox is massively over-full, and it will take some time to clear it. Would you care to send me an email instead? My profile is configured to receive emails from MTS members. On the Posts and Groups tab of my profile there should be a button to "Send message via email" (next to the "Send private message" button). Thanks!

Done. It was mostly to inquire about your outfit choices for males, where to find them, etc.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#25991 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 4:03 PM
Trying to find the mod that creates "spontaneous abortions"; the sim makes a puddle, looks like going into labor - then..they aren't pregnant. I obviously downloaded it, thought it only happened if needs got too low, but it happens even it everything looks good, and at any stage of pregnancy. I tried to remove it, I found a package named "PregRel-NL-package" but removing it didn't stop the abortions.

Forum Resident
#25992 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Trying to find the mod that creates "spontaneous abortions"; the sim makes a puddle, looks like going into labor - then..they aren't pregnant. I obviously downloaded it, thought it only happened if needs got too low, but it happens even it everything looks good, and at any stage of pregnancy. I tried to remove it, I found a package named "PregRel-NL-package" but removing it didn't stop the abortions.

I think that one was the mod that makes spouses mad if the baby isn't theirs
Alchemist
#25993 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 6:57 PM
Trying to redo Greaves Greener Gardens, but what the heck is that fence going all the way around it?! Doesn't show in hood, so not hood deco, but I can't click it in lot, and haven't been able to delete it no matter what I've tried. What is it? How can I get rid of it?
Mad Poster
#25994 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Done. It was mostly to inquire about your outfit choices for males, where to find them, etc.
I've got your email. I'll get back to you shortly.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25995 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Trying to redo Greaves Greener Gardens, but what the heck is that fence going all the way around it?! Doesn't show in hood, so not hood deco, but I can't click it in lot, and haven't been able to delete it no matter what I've tried. What is it? How can I get rid of it?
From the picture on the Wiki, it looks like the fence arches-
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_o...Greener_Gardens
Should be able to select that fence in build mode and Ctrl-drag delete.
Scholar
#25996 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 11:36 PM
Is there a mod or a way to increase the party guest limit without the maxNumOfVisitingSims cheat? I'd like to have the option of largish parties on community lots without making those lots packed in general. I guess I could enter the cheat just before playing a party, but given it has to be entered on the neighbourhood screen and my parties are usually spontaneous and on community lots it probably wouldn't work too well.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Forum Resident
#25997 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 11:40 PM
Have you tried making a userStartup cheat? You can find a tutorial on The Sims Wiki and you can place the cheat in that. I usually set the limit to 10, so my parties aren't too large. If you want, you could also get the Sim Blender and use that to teleport sims to the lot.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#25998 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 7:30 PM
Do many people still use WFSanity these days? How often do you see teens roll scholarship wants? I like WFSanity but this is the one want I barely ever see anymore, lol.
Scholar
#25999 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

InTeen miscarriage plugin, maybe? It triggers based on low needs, but can at higher needs if there have been near-misses from almost-too-low needs earlier in the pregnancy or previous miscarriages.
Forum Resident
#26000 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Do many people still use WFSanity these days? How often do you see teens roll scholarship wants? I like WFSanity but this is the one want I barely ever see anymore, lol.

I use it, but to be honest I think I've only seen one teenager get a scholarship want - a romance(/knowledge?) sim getting a want for the alien scholarship. Maybe I've also seen a want for the job scholarship too? Can't be sure on that one.

The point is, I've seen it happen before. It does seem to be rare, but from what I've seen, WFSanity is your only chance to actually roll that want ever, because before using it I had never seen a want like that (I didn't even think there was one that wasn't for parents or something). It's a shame really, I got it specifically to see "rare" wants like that (and first kiss! Barely anyone wants that these days), but it's still rare to see them with that mod. If only it were easy to make want mods...
Page 1040 of 1338