Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#6151 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 11:13 PM
So I've been getting back into the game and I made a random test sim to live out in the boonies of Pleasantview and she ended up with Darren Dreamer. After a couple weeks of playing the field, they just got married right after the birth of their son Levi. Dirk isn't exactly jazzed about having to move but he's close to Larissa so it looks like they'll at least be friendly until he's off to college if he ends up going. In my towns, they have to have a B+ average and get at least one scholarship to go, so he might not end up going, but if not, he can stay and run the bakery that Larissa started on a whim that's just kind of hanging out on her property.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6152 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 4:30 PM
I did some work on a simmable lake in my game today.It was great to be able to even load my game though this was all I could do because I have a grocery emergency to deal with.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#6153 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 12:17 AM
So in my Shape Island hood, the Frederick family had a double wedding.

That's Makaro and Jamellon on the left and Edie and Hanson on the right. Hanson is Jamellon's father.

After the wedding party, the two couples left in the limousine for their quickie honeymoons.

Fast forward a couple of Sim days and surprise! It appears the honeymoons were doubly successful.

Both Hanson's new wife Edie and his daughter Jamellon became pregnant, popping at almost the same time.

Edie was the first to deliver.

And she gave birth to triplets! Two boys and a girl.

Just as Edie delivered her third baby, Jamellon went into labor.

And then she gave birth to twin daughters.

Some quick remodeling was required to extend the nursery.

Needless to say, the next rotation with the Fredericks will take some effort with FIVE new little ones to take care of.
Hanson is holding one while the other four are (for now) resting quietly.
Screenshots

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#6154 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 10:01 PM
Big crop of college students, with Mitchella Curious, Tina Traveller, the Newson twins, and Tommy Ottomas all arriving at about the same time, along with three townie teens who became connected in some way. This is on top of Sharla Ottomas, the middle Newsons, Juan Smith, Isaiah Gavigan, the Freshmen household (because for a little while I only had the two Greek households and that's not good enough), and miscellaneous dormies who got into the Greeks. Things are very eventful, with Sharla, Gabriella, and two ex-dormies being inducted into the Secret Society, Juan and Gabriella getting engaged, Sharla (a senior) getting engaged to Isaiah (a freshman), Ty getting engaged to a Romance ex-dormie, Georgia talking Tommy into bed as her first act as a legal adult, and Juan and Isaiah beating each other up when uncontrollable, even though their teen rivalry over Gabriella should have been settled by recent events.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6155 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 5:35 PM
I've had another Riverview City building session setting up some objects at the service center and testing new CC on the home lot before setting up the pillar.
Screenshots
Instructor
#6156 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 2:42 AM
Eva and Balder Ligne De Temps had a sort of difficult round. It started out all rosy, two of their five businesses were level ten and they were well onn their way with the other three - so I decided to give them a bit more fo a challenge and sold and rebought one of the level ten businesses so they'd have to work a bit more on that one (it's the perfumes-and-garden-gnomes store, I really enjoy playing sort of whacky combinations like that). But the next thing that happened was that someone started a fire on their gym and since the fire alarm had been accidentally deleted when a wall was torn down, it ended really badly, wiith the whole lot burned down. It's even possible that there were casuaties, I seem to be missing two neutral witches. The Ligne De Temps couple started from scratch, on a new lot, but the new gym totally lacks whatever was the big pull of the old one, it seems. Also, Balder has caught the attentions of a stalker. Tiffany Zarubin (aka Garden club lady) is one of the many old ladies who think Balder is all that, but unlike the others she doesn't pine for him insilence, no she has to try and kiss him all the time - he rejects all the time too and they are deep in minus now, but that doesn't make her give up, oh no, she's followed him through locked doors into the hot tub when he was gonna join his wife for some couple time, she's tried to hug him, she stands uncomfortably close and stares at him when he does his tai chi.

The delancys had it easier, Rose is one step away from (hopefully) topping her career, she got a big bonus and she had some dream dates. She has been able to expand her boutique and will hire an employee next round. December Delancy spent her time collecting skill points from outings and having dreamdates with her girlfriend Joline Acquafredda. She has now left for university and just because of their cuteness as a teen couple, I caved in and decided to let Joline follow her.
Scholar
#6157 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 6:26 AM
Luke Riddle decided to go swimming at Moo's Mews. While he was in the pool, a wicked witch showed up and made it rain. Luke had thought it was an indoor pool, but the rain came right in through the roof. He was so shocked, he rose up and stood on the water to peer at the ceiling for a minute, before sinking back down again!
Field Researcher
#6158 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 8:20 PM
I'm playing a restart of Pleasantview. Mary Sue and Angela moved out after she caught Daniel cheating. Daniel and Lilith don't hate each other anymore as Kaytlynn has encouraged them to spend time together bonding over their love of sports. Brandi Broke has married Cyd Roseland who plans to adopt all her kids once they're married. (She had twin girls from her pregnancy with Skip and is expecting again.) The Oldies has discovered a love of online gaming and spend their time playing online or taking their granddaughters downtown to hangout. Darren and Dirk adopted Sarah and Danny Critter. Mortimer and Bella got divorced when she aged up. (I'm playing a cleaned up hood where she is a townie. I moved her in to age her up then had her move out.) He just married his new trophy wife Dina who told him she is expecting his child. Don and Cassandra got married. Cassandra thinks they need to move out once the baby is born because she has seen him checking out Dina. However, Dina isn't going to mess up a good thing and has friendzoned him. Nina has been enjoying a friends with benefits situation and has no plans on giving Don up. She's careful though and is on the pill as she doesn't want to ever have kids. John and Jennifer Burb are expecting. Lucy is excited about the baby, but hopes it's a boy as she doesn't want to have to share a room.
Scholar
#6159 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 2:49 AM
Jane Stacks graduated, and with the extra money the dice gave her, she had just enough to buy a small house in Mooville. Her LTW is to raise 20 puppies and kittens, which won't be happening, but she also wanted a job in oceanography, and was lucky enough to get one on her first day.

Heather Huffington didn't do so well; she didn't do a scrap of studying and is now boo-hooing inconsolably because she's on academic probation. She's retaking the semester, but has still rolled no wants to study, so I think she'll be kicked out soon enough.

Sam Thomas took Jane's place in the Bright household, and Eric Swain took Sam's room in the dorm, making it an all-male dorm for the time being.
Instructor
#6160 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 2:35 AM
In Simsby-on-the-Fjord, lots of babies were born - three generation three babies and one surprise generation 2 baby. In order of appearance: Stuart and Runika Neville's daughter Belette, Tempest and Maximilien Delancy's son Briar, Evita and Campbell Ligne de Temps' daughter Evelina and Errol and Alvia Nordin's daughter Lind. Stuart Neville was so happy about his firstborn that he went permaplat at once. Evita and Campbell put Evelina on the floor and immediately proceeded to try for baby number two - I had the sound turned off, but Evita was throwing up when I left the lot. Campbell became media magnate and reached lifetime platinum just a day after his twin brother - I think those two have a bit of a friendly rivalry going.
Mad Poster
#6161 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 4:44 AM
I've been working on Riverview City setting up the service center and have also got a residence to set up before a family can move in.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6162 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 3:48 PM
I was playing the Capps -- the Goneril and Albany branch of the family. I noticed snowflakes drifting down outside the window.

"Snow?" I thought, "But I don't have Seasons!"

I looked outside to see what was happening. It turned out to be Miranda Capp having a pillow fight with her dad Albany on the verandah outside the house. (They live in a "Veronavillified" version of the "Family Farmhouse", so there's a verandah all round the house.) The "snowflakes" were feathers. Both were in their underwear, so it's just as well it wasn't snowing!

In real life it really was snowing outside! That's probably what put "snow" into my head.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#6163 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 7:29 PM
A new family has arrived in Mooville. James Gibbons is accompanied by his mother Mircea, his wife Emma, and five-year-old twins Thursday, a girly girl who likes to wear a pink party dress for everyday, and Friday, who is more of a tomboy and prefers dungarees. With Mircea at home to care for the girls after school, James has taken a job in politics and Emma is working for the local paper.
Field Researcher
#6164 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 3:29 AM
Nina Calliente, living alone, was having a typical moment of indecision.

Maybe I should fall in love with Don again?
Maybe I should have my xth WooHoo?
Maybe I should work on my putative career?
Maybe I should deep clean the house, once more?
Maybe I should get a kitten?

She got the cat. Who was puurfect. They glued immediately. Autonomous, chest melting, Oxford comma, snuggle love.

Nina named the cat Maybe. And all of the questions above (and many others) became statements.

Maybe agrees. And thus Nina has reached Cat Lady Platinum.(* which is not documented, and you won't find it in SimPe).
Mad Poster
#6165 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 8:12 PM
I was downloading CC backed up and had to free up space on my hard drive which kept me from my game though I've got some space freed and can begin playing again.
Mad Poster
#6166 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 9:57 PM Last edited by FranH : 27th Jan 2021 at 10:07 PM.
In Tinsel Town, Alana Dallas, nanny to the Bishop twins, has been staying over at Dave Walton's house for the past two nights. (without being asked.)

While Dave was at work, I made her active and she did chores around the house. When he got home, they jumped into the hot tub, and had fun while in it.
Which is exactly what Alana wanted-because it made Dave fall in love with her, and he finally got up the nerve to propose to her. She's thrilled, but when she stayed over the second night, it's becoming obvious that she doesn't want to leave and go back to her job. She's been planning to get married to Dave, and that's the last thing she wants to do!
She'll be giving her notice on Monday. Hopefully Terrell and Monique will cope without her presence.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#6167 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 10:03 PM

Yes. I took the plunge and transferred my saves and my custom content from my Windows laptop over to my MacBook, and ran the game in a Windows XP virtual machine on Parallels. The game actually runs surprisingly well, and aside from reflections in mirrors not working, there are no graphical issues to note. Plus, the game can now benefit on running on a computer with an SSD, so saving and loading lots is a huge breeze! Lastly, one interesting perk about running the game in a virtual machine is that I can simply pause the virtual machine when I'm not using it, so it doesn't use up any CPU power, and then I can resume it immediately at any time. This is so much better than putting Windows to sleep and then having to wait God-knows-how-long staring at the blue screen and spinning hourglass before getting back into the game. It's now become easier to TS2 on the go (even though I'm not really going anywhere during the pandemic).
Mad Poster
#6168 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 11:06 AM
I've been testing my game out with a new install and also got another item added to the RC service center though I wanted to play longer because I'm getting too tired.I was kept up compressing some big files to free up storage on my hard drive.
Here's a few pictures from my short game session.I sadly was forced to make it short.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6169 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 10:02 PM
Other things have happened in Tinsel Town:

Silvia Stewart Castro had taken one look at her mortal enemy, Alana Dallas, and decided she wanted to kill her. Her husband, Asger, calmed her down by luring her into the bedroom where they had some fun, which resulted in her becoming pregnant once again-and for the last time. Their first child turned toddler, and Sylvia gave birth to his brother the next day. So now she's nearly retiring age and has 2 children under 2!

Sheldon Lloyd and his wife Suzanne became parents and while in the midst of their having an open house to celebrate, Sheldon kissed Monique Bishop with considerably more fervor than Suzanne liked, and they ended up fighting. Sheldon does not like conflict, so he moved out to his parents house until they both come to their senses, if ever. He rather doubts it because Suzanne has the nasty temper and attitude her entire family has, so he's not hopeful.
His father was startled to see him at his doorstep, and asked,
"Why are you here? I thought you just had a baby with your wife!"
"Yeah, I did, but I kissed the wrong woman and she's not very happy with me right now.."
"Well, then, come on in and you can take the spare bedroom. Your mother is out visiting your sister, helping her take care of her twins."

Kiril and Sarah Hubbard finally got around to having a pair of twins, but while Kiril was out working and Sarah was bored at home, she resumed her affair with Asherah Swanson.
Sarah is getting tired of playing games and staying in the closet, but she doesn't want to hurt Kiril-and become just like her mother-the talk of the town and a public embarrassment.
Imagine, throwing your marriage away for a damn butler! How dare she shame them all! Sarah explained to her boss that she certainly did not approve of Silvia carrying on so publicly with that man, and she was not responsible for her mother's stupidity. Damien Lloyd understood and promised her that it would not be reflected on her record.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#6170 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 3:26 PM
@FranH -It looks like your game has the kond of drama I won't be seeing for a very long time in my Pleansantview Epic Challenge because it's colonial and starting out in the early 17th century so I only get to see drama like the colonists having to struggle with getting crops to not fail and with getting ready for upcoming winters and surviving droughts or having to accept new settlers from the first nations as part of the town.
I've gone into Pleasnat Valley to run a final check on the service center and the homestead to make sure they both had the basics before I get ready to create my first settler families which will all be young childless couples.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#6171 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 8:18 PM
After re-doing my mods folder (AKA removing all my CC) I finally got around to making the only building I had any idea for in my medieval hood that might never even come to be, which is the castle. It's actually surprising how easy it is to make a castle that looks "medieval enough" with just maxis content. Sure, it might cause a heart attack for a historian if they were to see it, but you know what? It looks nice, and serves the part. Although it's kind of hard to find some activities for them, but then again, this is pure maxis so far, and there must be some mods out there that I'll like innit
Mad Poster
#6172 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@FranH -It looks like your game has the kind of drama I won't be seeing for a very long time in my Pleansantview Epic Challenge because it's colonial and starting out in the early 17th century so I only get to see drama like the colonists having to struggle with getting crops to not fail and with getting ready for upcoming winters and surviving droughts or having to accept new settlers from the first nations as part of the town.
I've gone into Pleasnat Valley to run a final check on the service center and the homestead to make sure they both had the basics before I get ready to create my first settler families which will all be young childless couples.

Hi, Tad-it has taken 49 days/years to get to this juncture, and the Founders are getting on in age-and I haven't lost one yet. Of course one must expect that there will be days when nothing happens, and then there will be days when all hell breaks loose..and you have to keep a close eye on the participants because they don't always behave the way you thought they would,..and you have to study them backwards and forwards to understand them.
It's been a fascinating study for me. It helps when you write down each session's events so it will make concentrating on them and their drama easier.
Tinsel Town is the second town I've developed from scratch and it's the one that's kept me engaged for a very long time. Darn those pixels!

Mad Poster
#6173 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 4:51 AM
@FranH -I think I'll need to install ACR and set it up so it will control things in the ways I want like stopping them from flirting outside of marriages unless it's a part of my script for that family to fall apart or have that kind of incident.I'm setting up my Pleasantview Epic Challenge starting the town of Pleasant Valley back in the spring of 1600 when the first couple to arrive and start the colony arrived to start up their homestead.I'll be playing with Pleasantview family ancestors which I'll make the couples for that in CAS.
Scholar
#6174 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 5:35 AM
In Mooville, new arrivals James and Emma Gibbons already have a baby on the way. Jane Stacks will not be raising 20 kittens, as she would like, but her household photo looked a bit empty without pets, so she now has one cat, Pixie, whom she has already taught to Come Here. Robert Riddle graduated from high school with a B+ and no scholarships, but university is free in Mooville, so he's moved into a dormitory with four other boys and is majoring in mathematics.

Heather Huffington decided to do a bit of piano practice, as a result of which she just scraped through her Fresher year on the second attempt. Jared Starchild failed his exams and is now on Academic Probation.
Mad Poster
#6175 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 2:49 PM
It looks like my first Pleasant Valey couple is about to begin their journey to the new world and the sailing ship is almost due to depart soon.It's when my Pleasantview \epic Challenge will go live though other families can still be added to the town as I play it.
Screenshots
Page 247 of 351