Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2016 at 5:27 PM
Default What about Simmergirl.com?
Hi.

I just wanted to know if anyone knows what's happening to Simmergirl.com? I have found many good downloads over there (as I like creating trans sims) but the site have not been updated in years and it have not been possible to join. Right now the site seems to be "down for maintenance" but as it's been so for a few days I find it hard to belive. So, what's happening? Is the site dead or will it come back (impossible to tell but I ask anyway)? If so, I find it a little sad as I do not think there are an other recurse like that around.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th May 2016 at 9:41 AM
It's now been a week and the forum is still down. "The forums are presently closed for maintenance.
Please check back again later." Somehow, I do not think so... Sad!
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th May 2016 at 11:39 PM
Hi!

I was one of the moderators of Simmergirl for many years. We created a "sister site" called TransgenderSims several years back when we thought Christine was going to close the site, but unfortunately, the girl who created TG Sims for us vanished and the site "closed" when her credit card info expired.

It was impossible to join Simmergirl in recent years because we couldn't control the spammers (we once had a night where we had to weed out 10,000 spam messages. Like I said, we thought Christine was going to close the site years ago, and I'm really surprised she kept it open as long as she did. I stopped posting because no one I knew logged in anymore...

I still have most/all of the downloads that were available on Simmergirl.

I'm happy to help anyone who needs anything from the site. I'm sure no one will care if I freely distribute the creations (some were my own)...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th May 2016 at 12:53 AM
If you're willing Dawna, it might be good to stick that lot (and I know it's a lot) on Sims File Share.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th May 2016 at 12:49 PM
I'll see what I can do. I know I have them all burned to DVD somewhere, along with hundreds of conversions I did for Sims 3 (it was MUCH easier to convert female clothes for male use in S3).

Glad I stumbled upon this thread; I hadn't logged in to MTS for a few years.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2016 at 6:19 PM
Yes, the spammers. They are one of the biggest problem of the internet. They do not care at all, they just make a mess of things and have fun while doings so. Grrr...!

Thanks for you answer Dawna, It was helpful. I did not visit SG a lot in the past (when I first started to play the sims back in 2008 or so) but the last years it's been more. Simply because I do have started to create more "trans" sims for my game. I don't know why but I enjoy creating them.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th May 2016 at 6:31 PM
Yes, please post what you have to sims file share site, and let us know the url. It's so sad to see all the sims 2 sites closing, but it's good there's a place to archive the downloads.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dawna Bays
I'll see what I can do. I know I have them all burned to DVD somewhere, along with hundreds of conversions I did for Sims 3 (it was MUCH easier to convert female clothes for male use in S3).

Glad I stumbled upon this thread; I hadn't logged in to MTS for a few years.

Thank you so much! If you can upload as much as you can that will save so much hassle! Keep us updated :
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 4:43 PM
Glory to the Google. I restore most of my simmergirl's downloads, that's also most of simmergirl's downloads.
They are without any info. May some of them will need meshes from other sites. I remember, that one or few need mesh from here. It's included. Also it's include Sims Explorer.
Simmergirl.com downloads
Early I found Wayback Machine site. May be somebody will find something interesting from simmergirl.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 7:12 PM
I had been wondering where Simmergirl went as well. I'm so glad this thread is here, and that it's not ten years old.
Holy cow, Mr Yuran, that is a LOT. Over a gigabyte. Can't wait to dig into it and see what's there
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 8:11 PM
I STILL haven't been able to find my files, but IIRC, the total number of files on the site amounted to just over 1 GB, so Mr. Yuran probably has everything except for some of my creations that I never uploaded, and a set of gorgeous gowns that weren't available to all members...
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 3:22 PM
Okay, I downloaded the folder, and it does indeed look like everything that was ever available for Simmergirl is there. I used Wayback Machine and tried to access a long, long, LONG story I wrote for the site back in 2010 (it was over 100 pages in my word processor, and that was BEFORE I added pictures). I still have the text of the story readily available to me, and I know that I once saved the Simmergirl pages as PDFs, but I can't find those and Wayback never archived those pages. I think my pics may be lost forever, It's almost heartbreaking. I miss my "girls." Two of my three favorites are in that folder: honey_harlow_v20 and juniper_rose_mcnally. A few of my others are shayleen_1, tarastrongdale, and melinda_flynn. Unfortunately, my all-time favorite, Coral (she's my avatar here) doesn't seem to be in there.

I hope folks post some of your transgendered girls in some of the outfits in that folder. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help (yet). I DO have a decent memory and can tell you what many of those outfits and accessories are.

A WORD OF WARNING: Many (most) of our creations were adapted from designs made by others. We had permission from every original creator to convert and rebrand their work. There COULD be a few exceptions in there. I'm sure that most of the creators abandoned the game a long time ago and will never find out, but one never knows.

I know where ALL my conversions for Sims 3 are, and I don't think I ever posted any, but I'd be willing to share those (although I don't recall getting permission for any of them).

Thank you all for your interest in Simmergirl. The site's spirit can live on in you!
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 10:13 AM
So sad to see the site go. I remember finding a link to mod that made all toddler and child clothes available to both genders. Does anyone know where to find this mod?
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 1:54 AM
Default Re: Simmergirl Google Drive File
Quote: Originally posted by Dawna Bays
Okay, I downloaded the folder, and it does indeed look like everything that was ever available for Simmergirl is there. I used Wayback Machine and tried to access a long, long, LONG story I wrote for the site back in 2010 (it was over 100 pages in my word processor, and that was BEFORE I added pictures). I still have the text of the story readily available to me, and I know that I once saved the Simmergirl pages as PDFs, but I can't find those and Wayback never archived those pages. I think my pics may be lost forever, It's almost heartbreaking. I miss my "girls." Two of my three favorites are in that folder: honey_harlow_v20 and juniper_rose_mcnally. A few of my others are shayleen_1, tarastrongdale, and melinda_flynn. Unfortunately, my all-time favorite, Coral (she's my avatar here) doesn't seem to be in there.

I hope folks post some of your transgendered girls in some of the outfits in that folder. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help (yet). I DO have a decent memory and can tell you what many of those outfits and accessories are.

A WORD OF WARNING: Many (most) of our creations were adapted from designs made by others. We had permission from every original creator to convert and rebrand their work. There COULD be a few exceptions in there. I'm sure that most of the creators abandoned the game a long time ago and will never find out, but one never knows.

I know where ALL my conversions for Sims 3 are, and I don't think I ever posted any, but I'd be willing to share those (although I don't recall getting permission for any of them).

Thank you all for your interest in Simmergirl. The site's spirit can live on in you!

I'm so excited to have found the folder full of those uploads from the site! Thank you so much for uploading it, Mr Yuran!
Dawna Bays, would you mind, maybe, helping me figure out what some of these are, and if I need any EPs for them to work? Some files have previews, but not all of them, and also, I don't know if I need/where I can locate any of the meshes I'd need that aren't in here, since it was discovered not all of them are. Would you happen to know? I think most of what I've added to my game does, because they keep showing up at default male clothes, unless I did something else wrong...
I'm also looking for a mesh that may be in there, but don't know iits file name or where to look. XD
Thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 6:48 AM
A while ago on this one, but I was asking the same questions and come bearing links!

This on is a non categorized collection of simmergirl's entire archive (From what I can tell anyways): https://simfileshare.net/folder/23468/

This is a master list of just a whole crap tone of now mia sites all piled into one place organized by creater:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/5811/

Warned, some 18+ is mixed in, but it's sim file share, so no explicit pictures right off the bat. Just be aware of what you're downloading.