Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#326 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 3:05 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Dec 2020 at 4:37 PM.
My game just crashed when I was quitting without saving.
After saving a lot several times without any issues.

I don't... I just... What?
Can't say I've seen that one before.

Maybe it has to do with the light mod I'm testing out, but I don't know. My game is doing a lot of strange things these days (although the mod seemed to work fine - game didn't blow up, and no pink)

I'm also having issues with flashy-blue accessories with a new method I'm trying out, so I'm considering going back to the old trusty method because it's a lot less blue-flashy and I know it works. It's weird, because it only happens for some of the ages, not all of them, and random ages (sometimes Bodyshop, sometimes random sims in Bodyshop, sometimes on lots but on random ages) - but they're all set up the same, and I was pretty sure I'd fixed them to remove all the blue-flashy problem stuff, so it doesn't make sense...

My game is just a whole lot of I don't even right now...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#327 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Well no, the bus doesn't really ever take the kids anywhere. They stay on the lot invisible and unselectable.
What happens here is that the return script that performs the checks whether a Sim has been to school or not is borked, so instead of counting as having gone to school and performing the animations that make them descend from the bus, and be given homework, the Sim kid is just reset, hence it "appearing out of nowhere" and since the game now doesn't recognize that the kid performed the "at school" action, a grade is subtracted.

Just asking...those three households, are they households where kids and teenagers live alone, without adults? Because to me that only happens to children who live in households without adults.

=
thanks, that makes sense. but not as much fun.The lots all had adults; at least one of them was a big household (like 20 people)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#328 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 11:39 PM
A couple of odd glitches I've had recently:

My Sim Alanda Dennis (Romance) was doing some emergency grocery shopping at the Custer Minimart in downtown Veronaville (one of Mootilda's 1x1 Mews lots). After doing her shopping, she sat down on a bench outside the shop and started chatting with Patrick Vu, one of the original Veronaville townies. It transpired that Patrick is a Romance Sim. Now Romance Sims (of both sexes) in my game tend to wear very skimpy clothing, and Patrick was still in his original Maxis outfit, so I thought it was time to use Chritianlov's Gussy Up to give his wardrobe a makeover. At the finish of the Gussy Up process, he was in his very revealing undies. At this point Patrick got into a bit of a panic; for some reason he was convinced that Mrs.Crumplebottom was on the lot, and he very hurriedly changed into his new everyday outfit (rather like his old outfit but with much shorter shorts!). I searched the lot (not hard when it's only 1x1) for Mrs. C., but was quite unable to find her. I suppose it's possible that she was on the lot but had left, but once she appears, I don't think I've ever seen her leave a lot before my controllable Sims. On the other hand, the Custer Minimart has neither a bar nor a card table, so maybe she feels there was nothing to keep her there.

(I don't ban her from my downtown lots because, let's face it, old busybodies like her really do exist. [Young busybodies can be even worse!])

The second incident was today. There is no shower at the Monopolis Changing Hut where Rosie Dorries and her daughter Sebastienne were staying for a few hours. Rosie decided that her hygiene needed immediate attention, and set about giving herself a sponge bath at the kitchen sink, although there were four other Sims present in the one-room hut. Her daughter was preoccupied on the 'phone, but her Welcome Wagon guests looked at her in amazement, as she brazenly stood, completely naked, washing herself at the kitchen sink, where minutes earlier she had washed the dishes. The thing that surprised me is that she made no attempt to get the other Sims out of the room before starting her sponge bath. In the past I've seen Craig Royce, the downtown Slob who runs the Teen Townie Hostel, shoo all the staff and customers into a tiny restaurant toilet, so he could have privacy to wash himself in the restaurant's kitchen sink.

Neither of these glitches bother me. They just add to the fun! You can plan things in the Sims' world, but you never know for certain what's going to happen. Like Real Life, only better!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#329 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 12:34 AM
One annoying bug I have is cookery contests not working properly - my Sim will submit their dish, then one or two others will step up, but someone always throws an error and then my Sim gets thrown out of the contest. I've managed to find a workaround where I just have my Sims make several meals and then submit a second one when things glitch, but it's annoying. Unfortunately, they work fine in my test hood, which suggests it's a problem with the uberhood rather than CC.
Mad Poster
#330 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 12:40 AM
My worst one was how community lots used to load already pre-populated though that bug won't lilely be happening too often anymore since I nstalled a Mod to fix that issue up by having that "feature"disabled so the lot would now load and populate after it's fully loaded.
Field Researcher
#331 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 5:25 PM
Infinite babies!

I once had a sim who glitched out while giving birth to her single baby. The birth animation repeated twice, and every single time, it gave me a new baby. I ended up with my first and only set of natural, un-modded triplets. I just recently found out that this is an actual glitch that people have experienced and that they've ended up with way more babies than I did. I don't know what causes this but I'm not too mad about it!
Field Researcher
#332 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 1:22 AM
Also, look at this one. This is something that had never happened to me before.

My teen sim arrived home from school and brought a friend with her. This was their first time meeting and when I looked at their relationship panel it said that they were ENGAGED?! It was only from her side, though. His was normal.

For a while I was tempted to keep it for storyline purposes and maybe give these kids and arranged marriage for whatever reason, but they I decided to just get rid of it instead. HOWEVER, I don't really know why it happened, but I think maybe it's because the family lives in an apartment? Only the wildest things have happened to be in apartments. I DON'T KNOW but have this screenshot:

(He's selectable because I wanted to see if the relationship was two-sided but it wasn't)
Mad Poster
#333 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 2:27 AM
Naw, it just happens randomly once in awhile. Sometimes it happens with a townie and they appear out of nowhere on a date to slap the person they think they're engaged to.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#334 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Naw, it just happens randomly once in awhile. Sometimes it happens with a townie and they appear out of nowhere on a date to slap the person they think they're engaged to.

Oh! I did not know that. It'd never happened to me before. Now I'm thinking about keeping it and making it into an arranged marriage situation lol
Mad Poster
#335 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
Now I'm thinking about keeping it and making it into an arranged marriage situation lol
When a white girl brings home a black boy home from school, and she's engaged to him, it doesn't sound like an arranged marriage to me. More like something the kids have arranged themselves. I think I'd have them elope together and get married somewhere well away from her parents. And, because I'm an incurable romantic, I think I'd then have them set up home together, and live happily ever after with two or three adorable and adoring kids. (I do belong to Scotland -- the land of Gretna Green. ) If she ever returns home, it will be with the marriage a fait accompli, and I would love to see them make the marriage a success.

I have teenage marriages in my game, and I don't see anything wrong in them, if it's what both teens really want, and they're committed to each other. I don't believe that teenagers are always wrong in their choices.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Test Subject
#336 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 11:23 AM
Oh! I did not know that. It'd never happened to me before. Now I'm thinking about keeping it and making it into an arranged marriage situation lol

For storyline-purposes I would probably interpret it as the teenage girl having a creepy crush on the guy. I mean.. if she sees him as a fiance and he sees her as a stranger, something is a bit off. And looking back at my high school years I can definitely remember a girl telling her friends that she and some random guy she's barely talked to are totally in love and will definitely get married some day. Arranged marriages.. not so much.
But hey, it's the sims! Anything can happen. :D
Mad Poster
#337 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 3:24 AM
I had another odd glitch today. Edgar Edwards went to the Gaia LGBT nightclub in downtown Veronaville with a group of 4 friends -- two teenage boys like himself, one teenage girl (Miranda Capp) and one adult male (Downtownie Curtis Ryan). Soon after they arrived I noticed that Edgar had an action shown in the usual place in the top left hand corner of the screen; it said that Edgar was "autodining". That's usually what the game does with non-controllable Sims (townies and playables from other households) in a restaurant -- it keeps the restaurant looking busy by sending them repeatedly to the podium to order more food. The game was treating Edgar as if he was non-controllable. Well that was clearly nonsense, so I cancelled the "autodining", and asked him to do other things, like dancing and getting a shower. The Sims in his group were all still there, but the group had been dissolved; they no longer had blue plumbbobs above their heads. Some of them were indeed "autodining". When I sent Edgar to the public 'phone to order a taxi to another club, it said "Pay dining bill and leave". I had to accept that to let him leave. In the event there was nothing to pay as he hadn't eaten anything. He wasn't charged for what the former members of his group ate. And when the taxi came to take him to another club, he got into it on his own.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#338 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 12:58 AM
Please tell me if anyone has had this! It's a first for me and I'm not sure why it happened.

One of my sims gave birth to a baby girl, and when the naming pop-up came up, I gave the name "Theresa". Right after accepting the name, the pop-up came up again, and in the text box, there was the name "Vivian" already written. This is the name I gave to another sim in the neighborhood BUT a long time ago, two generations back to be exact. I thought that the game hadn't accepted the name at first, and that had kind of glitched in some way, so I just wrote the name "Theresa" again and accepted it. Everything seemed normal, baby's fine, mom's fine--but then I decided out of curiosity to check in the family tree to see if this sim's name was correct or if I had somehow changed it, and I had!

You can see in the screenshot that the sim's name is now "Theresa Lawan" instead of her old name, Vivian:

I had never had this happen before. Has anyone seen it? It's not too bad and it's an easy fix in SimPE but it's quite crazy to me that the game asked me to rename a sim that died by lightning in the hot tub a loooong time ago. Maybe this baby is her reeincarnation

The only theory I have is that this might me caused by the Last Name Copier by Christianlov? I don't know why or how but maybe?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#339 Old 11th Nov 2022 at 12:50 PM
There are a few...

In a recent household I've been playing, I placed them in a renovated version of a bin house (Just Right) with an added garage. Due to it being a multigenerational family and there being only two bedrooms, I stuck one couple and their twins in the garage, and I believe with the way I've set up the garage, it's messing with the pathfinding. The sims will often, when entering through many of the exterior doors, stop outside the door and perform the interaction outside (it's especially funny when they're bathing the toddlers!).

Another glitch was one of the gravestones on the lot has disappeared. There were already two others, but for some reason, they stayed. Respawning the gravestone via the batbox didn't seem to solve the issue, and when I moved "all gravestones" to the cemetery, only the two surviving gravestones appeared. Thankfully I have nounlinkdelete, so my game should be alright, but still a little strange and sad.

One more I can think of, and I'm sure this is a mod messing with me, but for some reason, for two specific sims, the option to Propose anything is not there. They're completely unrelated, have high chemistry, and high relationship, but the option to Propose Going Steady, Engagement, and Marriage just aren't an option. I had to set the flags and add the memories myself, and even now the game won't recognize them as "married." You know how I know? The option to "Break Up" is not available! So far they're the only ones who have this issue, and I haven't been able to figure out how or why!
Field Researcher
#340 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 2:41 AM
Does this normally happen to the sims' portraits? I looked into my sims' potential partners and this one sim's portrait was a little messed up? I had to teleport him to make sure he was alright and he was.

To be fair, I had spent a lot of time a couple days ago working on a genetic experiment for this post, so my game had to generate tons of portraits. This was in a test neighborhood that I ended up deleting, but I did save a lot of times to keep my progress. The reason I believe this has something to do is because my sim's eyes look big like the ones my experimental sims had, and the game got confused somehow?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#341 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 2:43 AM
Does this normally happen to the sims' portraits? I looked into my sims' potential partners and this one sim's portrait was a little messed up? I had to teleport him to make sure he was alright and he was.

To be fair, I had spent a lot of time a couple days ago working on a genetic experiment for this post, so my game had to generate tons of portraits. This was in a test neighborhood that I ended up deleting, but I did save a lot of times to keep my progress. The reason I believe this has something to do is because my sim's eyes look big like the ones my experimental sims had, and the game got confused somehow?

*Sorry for the double post, I clicked on reply instead on edit when trying to add the second picture*
Screenshots
Test Subject
#342 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 6:30 PM
There are two glitches that come to mind.

First one was when Dirk Dreamer's face turned dark blue. Luckily the fix was pretty easy (just edit looks in the mirror) but it still frightened me!

Second one was a real pain. Babies kept on coming and poor Dina who didn't even want to get pregnant in the first place! I thought that it would stop as soon as it reached 8 family members but oh no: it kept going. My whole left screen was just filled with little Dina and Don babies, a true nightmare for both of them! I was sure that the game was corrupted (that might be the case) but I managed to temporarily fix it. Just had to kill her and revive her and it seemed to fix it. Though it happened sometime later to Brandi Broke... Did the same "trick" but I really hope that is the last time it happens!
Mad Poster
#343 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 7:46 PM
My most recent glitch was when the Jankowskys arrived at their homestead in my 17th century Pleasantivew game in Pleasant Valley in the modern yellow cab because I forgot the default replacement and it looked wrong having that modern cab showing up in the turn of the 17th century Pleasantview which is in the colonial American setting.
Forum Resident
#344 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 11:28 PM
Yesterday, I got a Snow Day notification... in summer. Very strange, and that neighborhood was set to the usual Spring-Summer-Fall-Winter, not something funky like Winter-Winter-Winter-Summer. Very strange. Never saw that before.

I played the same lot a couple more days today, but it hasn't happened again, so hopefully, it's a one-off.
Mad Poster
#345 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
Yesterday, I got a Snow Day notification... in summer.
Did it actually snow?

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#346 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 4:39 AM
The neighbors' newborn babies trying to get to their apartments...????

Toddlers and up and any new neighbors walk to their apartments and then they normally open the door and disappear inside, and babies normally just show up either as a black figure or showing completely, but I had never seen a baby stuck outside and actually performing the animation of not being able to get inside.
Screenshots
Inventor
#347 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I had another odd glitch today. Edgar Edwards went to the Gaia LGBT nightclub in downtown Veronaville with a group of 4 friends -- two teenage boys like himself, one teenage girl (Miranda Capp) and one adult male (Downtownie Curtis Ryan). Soon after they arrived I noticed that Edgar had an action shown in the usual place in the top left hand corner of the screen; it said that Edgar was "autodining". That's usually what the game does with non-controllable Sims (townies and playables from other households) in a restaurant -- it keeps the restaurant looking busy by sending them repeatedly to the podium to order more food. The game was treating Edgar as if he was non-controllable. Well that was clearly nonsense, so I cancelled the "autodining", and asked him to do other things, like dancing and getting a shower. The Sims in his group were all still there, but the group had been dissolved; they no longer had blue plumbbobs above their heads. Some of them were indeed "autodining". When I sent Edgar to the public 'phone to order a taxi to another club, it said "Pay dining bill and leave". I had to accept that to let him leave. In the event there was nothing to pay as he hadn't eaten anything. He wasn't charged for what the former members of his group ate. And when the taxi came to take him to another club, he got into it on his own.

I had something similar happen to one of my sims on an outing. They got an invite to go downtown, so I sent them along to see who would show up. At first, I intended to have the group eat. but then realized my sim had very little money. So I canceled the 'be seated' action and let them just roam around. Next thing I knew, the whole group - including my sim - were being seated. I saw the 'autodine' in their queue. The group proceeded to order, eat, and disband, all without my input. Though, I think my sim got away with not having to pay, because I don't remember their funds going down. I intended to test it out again later, to see if I could reproduce what happened, then kind of forgot about it.
Field Researcher
#348 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 7:05 AM
I got Pink Soup the other day. Never seen it before in my life. I was checking in with one of my families when suddenly the whole place lit up like a disco party. I tried all suggestions and one of the things I tried did make the pink flashing stop, but the house still had a pink square around in it neighborhood view. What ultimately worked was just moving the family out. I haven't had it happen again, thankfully. I hadn't been playing for an extended period or spent too much time on the lot. Mom started flashing pink, t-posed and started scooting around and then the whole lot started flashing. Up until that point, I never knew flashing pink was even a thing. It was interesting, that's for sure. I guess it's a fairly common problem but it was the weirdest one I've encountered so far.

I recorded about 30 seconds of it and added some disco music. I can laugh about it now but it was pretty frustrating to get rid of!

Forum Resident
#349 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 2:55 PM
I randomly got the "X has died on another lot and her ghost will return to the place she died"-message about a sim who had both died and been buried on the current lot, and a -long- time ago.

I am Error.
Lab Assistant
#350 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 4:30 AM
Not necessarily a glitch, but I've been having a strange problem ever since redoing my Downloads folder a few months prior. Sometimes when I put a new mod or CC (doesn't matter which) into the game, there's a 1/1000 chance my game will crash during gameplay (usually, strangely enough, always at the same in-game hour, like a crash happened at 9PM, or 8AM, and if I reload the game without doing anything, it'll crash again at that exact hour). The only solution is to delete the mod I just added.

At first, this happened only with merged files (I've been experimenting with merging recolors--it helps cutting down the loading time considerably), so I figured something wrong happened with the merging process, and would try to re-merge it. But lately, it happens even with small mods, like TheLesbianPyromaniac's informative phone messages So I really don't know what to think.

As I'm way too tired to troubleshoot properly, I finally just chalked it up to my laptop showing its years, or maybe my game is just "like that". The silver lining is it made me a lot more cautious when adding CC, and stomps my urge to binge-download 5 gigs of CC every month like I used to do in the past My Downloads folder now sits comfortably at just a little above 3 GB, and my game is doing fine if I don't add anything on top of it
Page 14 of 15