Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#1801 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Different guitar levels:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pykasQPNpOE
Not terribly important but proves their attention to detail. Also, that they are willing to cooperate with professionals when needed. Progressing slowly but efficiently.

They are really good. Also, original compositions according to one response from Paralives

Quote:
most of those songs are originals created by our in-house composer Andrei! ๐Ÿ˜Š he worked with a professional guitarist, Remi Cote, for the recordings of the high-level songs - check out his work here: https://www.youtube.com/@remicoteguitar
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1802 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 1:43 AM
Pretty music but I go nuts not seeing a strap and also too much sounds like an electric guitar. And you all know what I think about a cartoon playing a somewhat realistic instument.

But the music is beautiful.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1803 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
also too much sounds like an electric guitar.

Oh, how do you mean? Not sure I follow you here...
Smeg Head
#1804 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 11:51 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 1st Mar 2024 at 12:30 PM.
I'll guess that means acoustic guitar noticeably played trough an amp, hence the electronic tint to the sound. Rather than the more organic catgut strings sound when just playing an acoustic without pick ups or plugged into an amplifier.

Edit - Especially after recorded, then using an editing suite to clean up all the typical fret scraping noise that is also more predominantly heard because of being amplified. After the clean up, then final version really sounds very electronic.

Many of the greatest guitarist actually spend more time practicing avoiding making "lazy" fret scraping noise than the actual song/music itself. Clapton, Knopfler and dearest Chet playing live, - and my little brother, too - and no fret scraping to be heard. Marvelous.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1805 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I'll guess that means acoustic guitar noticeably played trough an amp, hence the electronic tint to the sound. Rather than the more organic catgut strings sound when just playing an acoustic without pick ups or plugged into an amplifier.

Well yes, catgut strings sound very different to steel strings! But it's still an acoustic guitar, and pretty much what my steel string guitar sounds like when I play it (amped or not).
Top Secret Researcher
#1806 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 2:57 PM
Some commenter on the guitar skill thread also asked about having a strap.

This is their response in case not everyone wants to read through all of it.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback We could add a strap but it's quite the technical challenge since it would have to adapt its length automatically depending on the height of the Para. Being able to play while sitting would be a great option to consider in the future! It would require working on a lot of different animations so, for now, we will only have playing while standing so we can focus our efforts on adding other skills and hobbies before release!

I checked if Sims2 and 3 have a strap because I couldn't remember. They don't.
Mad Poster
#1807 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I checked if Sims2 and 3 have a strap because I couldn't remember. They don't.

You are totally correct. I guess I do not notice in Sims as all mesh together so well, vs. this game where guitar is being played by a piece of cardboard.
Scholar
#1808 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 5:35 AM
Sounds nice. I wish they would make a sim sit down to play guitar if there is a seat close. It would fit better with some of those more technical songs I think. I also prefer nylon strings for classic or spanish songs. I would not mind if they would record more songs, basically a split between classic and steel string guitar. That way you can also add more guitar types in the game and let the para's play songs based on guitar.

And then do it all over for piano, from grand to upright to electric piano etc. I also hope jamming will come back (like in sims 3).

I know I am asking for the world, but I always love sims ..eh paras making music I love it when some of them are jamming and it attracts a crowd.
Mad Poster
#1809 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 4:45 PM
I love music in games also as I play the piano and I love music in general.
Theorist
#1810 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 6:45 PM
Quote:
Being able to play while sitting would be a great option to consider in the future! It would require working on a lot of different animations so, for now, we will only have playing while standing so we can focus our efforts on adding other skills and hobbies before release!

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd rather one instrument be done fully and completely rather than trying to fill up the game with more.

What impressed me so much about the Sims 2 base game is that it feels like every single thing that was included was done to the fullest. Like the newspaper? Being able to have it delivered, find a job, read it, do a crossword, make an airplane, have it decay and people stealing it? That was amazing!

There might have only been a few couches to choose from but the cushions deformed when you sat on them or jumped! The fish tank with light, bubbles and swimming fish was so good all on it's own but they included more: releasing the fish into the tank, feeding them, cleaning the tank and even flushing the fish down the toilet when they died. Seemingly, not one shortcut was made.

So back to Paralives and the guitar. When I think of people playing a guitar I think of them sitting on a stool on stage, busking for tips, practicing on their bed, playing sitting around a campfire etc. So to keep seeing and reading about the shortcuts they're taking opting for "more" instead of better is pretty disappointing for me tbh. And the crazy thing is I don't even care about guitars at all but if you could do more I might.

Just like I didn't care about newspapers, fish tanks or couches in The Sims 2 (and a million other little things) but all of those time consuming details are what sold the simulation and made it special. I hope Paralives really does revisit these things during early access and makes them something special too.
Theorist
#1811 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 7:19 PM
Gabrielle upload some beautiful high res pictures of the cafe they built for their live mode video if anyone wants a closer look: https://discord.com/channels/595045...340219180654692
Mad Poster
#1812 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
I'm probably in the minority here but I'd rather one instrument be done fully and completely rather than trying to fill up the game with more.

What impressed me so much about the Sims 2 base game is that it feels like every single thing that was included was done to the fullest. Like the newspaper? Being able to have it delivered, find a job, read it, do a crossword, make an airplane, have it decay and people stealing it? That was amazing!

There might have only been a few couches to choose from but the cushions deformed when you sat on them or jumped! The fish tank with light, bubbles and swimming fish was so good all on it's own but they included more: releasing the fish into the tank, feeding them, cleaning the tank and even flushing the fish down the toilet when they died. Seemingly, not one shortcut was made.

So back to Paralives and the guitar. When I think of people playing a guitar I think of them sitting on a stool on stage, busking for tips, practicing on their bed, playing sitting around a campfire etc. So to keep seeing and reading about the shortcuts they're taking opting for "more" instead of better is pretty disappointing for me tbh. And the crazy thing is I don't even care about guitars at all but if you could do more I might.

Just like I didn't care about newspapers, fish tanks or couches in The Sims 2 (and a million other little things) but all of those time consuming details are what sold the simulation and made it special. I hope Paralives really does revisit these things during early access and makes them something special too.

Agreed, itโ€™s what the hook the fabase to paralives over other games: the intricate and detailed animation. If you want the game to stand out from others: make it smth cool in it. Like the concept to sit down on a stool to drum the guitar for tips. That be so cool to watch!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#1813 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 7:38 PM
A short video describing what features will be available in early access as well as answering some interesting questions from the community. I think the most interesting question is about the balance between a dollhouse simulator and the autonomy of the characters.

We will also get memories and weather and seasons during early access. TS (except the first part) always had a memory system, but I think (correct me if I am wrong) that most of us agree that TS2 had the best memory system because the sims can reminiscence, gossip about memories and even have emotions related to memories. I really hope that we get something cool like that in Paralives.

EDIT: I just saw this post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/96358719

Everything looks very tasty!
Top Secret Researcher
#1814 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
A short video describing what features will be available in early access as well as answering some interesting questions from the community. I think the most interesting question is about the balance between a dollhouse simulator and the autonomy of the characters.

We will also get memories and weather and seasons during early access. TS (except the first part) always had a memory system, but I think (correct me if I am wrong) that most of us agree that TS2 had the best memory system because the sims can reminiscence, gossip about memories and even have emotions related to memories. I really hope that we get something cool like that in Paralives.

EDIT: I just saw this post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/96358719

Everything looks very tasty!

I actually read this as memories and seasons being NOT part of Early Access.

This was the list of things that will be missing from Early Access:
Basements
Pools
Calendar
Memories
Family tree
Cars, bikes, boats
Pets
Weather and Seasons
Field Researcher
#1815 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 2:06 AM
More like, these things will not be ready by the time Early Access starts and will be added during Early Access.

Speaking of Early Access, I think people should be prepared for their saves to occasionally stop working/breaking during Early Access. The game will be changing a lot. That said, I'm pretty sure steam gives you version control so you can choose which version of the game and mods you are playing.
Scholar
#1816 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 11:41 AM

They seem very open about their progress and what they can/can't do. The autonomy preferences is hard to answer. All the threads about that topic in the past on these forums show that. I prefer high autonomy, but then with player input always having highest priority. But I guess there will be others who will turn autonomy off if there is the option.

Side note : Her trained way of speaking is throwing me off. I am not talking about the sound of her voice. She also speaks very clearly, but the cadence and exaggerated changing of pitch is making it more difficult for me to concentrate on what she is saying. The effect is that in the end I would rather just read it myself instead of someone reading to me But everything has to be made into a video nowadays it seems :p
Lab Assistant
#1817 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Side note : Her trained way of speaking is throwing me off. I am not talking about the sound of her voice. She also speaks very clearly, but the cadence and exaggerated changing of pitch is making it more difficult for me to concentrate on what she is saying. The effect is that in the end I would rather just read it myself instead of someone reading to me But everything has to be made into a video nowadays it seems :p

I haven't noticed that at all and it still doesn't bother me. Not every video has to be very informative and meaningful. Youtubers sometimes just want to spread news about a certain game (in this instance Paralives) so that people decide if they want to support that game or not. Videos from Simmer Erin about Paralives are never misleading. I really like how Simmer Erin states all the worries about ideas from the Paralives' team. I am worried as well because we have not seen much of the gameplay yet. We did get a gameplay trailer, but it was a bit short in my opinion. To me, everything looks great on paper, but the actual simulation of the paras worries me.
Scholar
#1818 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 2:14 PM
I haven't noticed that at all and it still doesn't bother me. Not every video has to be very informative and meaningful. Youtubers sometimes just want to spread news about a certain game (in this instance Paralives) so that people decide if they want to support that game or not. Videos from Simmer Erin about Paralives are never misleading. I really like how Simmer Erin states all the worries about ideas from the Paralives' team. I am worried as well because we have not seen much of the gameplay yet. We did get a gameplay trailer, but it was a bit short in my opinion. To me, everything looks great on paper, but the actual simulation of the paras worries me.

You seem to misunderstand me. I think I was very positive about the content of the video. I find it very informative.

I just observed that I have difficulties (admittedly my personal problem) with how she uses her trained narrative voice to read out what she wrote down. It makes it more difficult for me to follow the video. So, that is why I noticed that I would prefer to just read it myself instead of listening to someone reading it out to me. Like mentioned , this is a -me- problem.
Page 73 of 73